MA: More on Alleged Deadbeat Dad's Arrest

Old June 5th 04, 04:55 PM
Dusty

Default MA: More on Alleged Deadbeat Dad's Arrest

Alleged Deadbeat Dad Arrested In Calif.

The state's second-most-wanted deadbeat dad was arrested in California
Thursday.

NewsCenter 5's Lynn Jolicoeur reported that Kevin Hagan's ex-wife reacted to
the news with relief and sadness. "(A police officer on the phone said)
'Mrs. Farland, we have Kevin Hagan in custody. He is being fingerprinted and
photographed.' I'm like, 'Get out of here!'" said Hagan's ex-wife, Liz
Farland.

Farland said she couldn't resist confirming the news on the Los Angeles
County Sheriff's Department Web site.

"That was reality -- I was, 'Oh my God, he really is in jail,'" she said.

After 11 years and $160,000 in unpaid support, Hagan will soon land in a
Massachusetts courtroom and face orders to start financially supporting his
now 13- and 15-year-old daughters.

A tip to the state's Department of Revenue led authorities to the
electrician in West Hollywood, Calif.

Farland, a secretary at the Falmouth Fire Department, said she fought for
this day.

"I'd get on top of the state representatives, try to get him on a poster
year after year, after year," Farland said.

Over the years, the men and women at the fire department chipped in and
helped Farland with things like projects around her house. But they say
through it all, she never complained about her ordeal and always raised her
kids in a positive environment.

"The fact she's worked very hard for herself and for her family, to see some
justice get done -- I think that is an amazing end to the story," said
Falmouth Fire Department Lt. Tim Smith.

The single mother said she let go of her anger years ago.

"I feel sorry for him. I'm saddened his heart could be so empty he could
leave people like that," said Farland.

She said her daughters feel nothing toward their biological father, but look
forward to going to movies with friends, and maybe taking a vacation --
things their childhood has lacked.

"I know one thing -- I won't have to decide whether to buy groceries or pay
utility bills anymore," she said.

When asked if Farland wanted to say anything to Hagan, she said, "Shame on
you for not loving your kids like you're supposed to as a parent."

The above came from WCVB-TV Channel 5, Boston.

Eliminate the impossible and whatever
remains, no matter how improbable, must
be the truth.

---- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ---

Old June 5th 04, 05:33 PM
The DaveŠ

Dusty wrote:
Alleged Deadbeat Dad Arrested In Calif.

Not that I'm excusing him for not doing anything to help support his
kids, but she's acting as if he's got wads of money hidden away that
he'll pay up right now just because they caught him. If he's a total
loser, which is possible, he may have nothing to pay, and the money she
thinks she's gonna get now won't happen.

--
Whose cruel idea was it to put an 's' in the word lisp?

Old June 5th 04, 05:51 PM
Dusty

"The DaveŠ" wrote in message
Dusty wrote:
Alleged Deadbeat Dad Arrested In Calif.

Not that I'm excusing him for not doing anything to help support his
kids, but she's acting as if he's got wads of money hidden away that
he'll pay up right now just because they caught him. If he's a total
loser, which is possible, he may have nothing to pay, and the money she
thinks she's gonna get now won't happen.

Indeed. It strikes me odd how it always comes down to $$$. The states make
it sound like NCPs have wads o' cash just lying about under mattresses and
such. Same with X-wives, they also seem to think that the men they forced
into exile have scads of cash hidden in Swiss accounts or somewhere in the
Cayman's.

But the media, which is probably the worst one in all of this, make judgment
calls at every turn. They certainly appear to take great delight in calling
forth the Court of Public Opinion and roasting so-called deadbeats over
their fire of "truth". And then sit back and watch the masses gasp in awe
that someone could have the audacity to want to live as a free man and not a
slave paying obscene amounts of cash to "visit" with his own children.

The amount this guy owes is equivalent to paying someone nearly $15,000.00 a
year. Over $1200.00 a month in CS!! Though, I'm also quite certain, that a
great deal of this "amount owed" is in interest, fees and penalties "owed"
to the Commonwealth for all their fantastic book keeping abilities. I know
from personal experience with "Family" court, that judges routinely listen
to only one side - and it is rarely the fathers they listen too...

Old June 5th 04, 06:01 PM
Bob

The DaveŠ wrote:
Dusty wrote:
Alleged Deadbeat Dad Arrested In Calif.

Not that I'm excusing him for not doing anything to help support his
kids, but she's acting as if he's got wads of money hidden away that
he'll pay up right now just because they caught him. If he's a total
loser, which is possible, he may have nothing to pay, and the money she
thinks she's gonna get now won't happen.

Sending money to pay the bitch for breaking up a family is NOT related
to "help support his kids." That is a feminist LIE. MEN need to go
back to the underlying need and offer to put out a plate at dinner.
That's how kids are supported.

The whole slavery program HURTS children to pay women.

Bob

--

When did we divide into sides?

"As president, I will put American government and our legal system back
on the side of women." John Kerry, misandrist Democratic candidate for
President. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/women/