Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old June 8th 04, 02:55 AM
Jasper PNL Mfg Co, LTD

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
Jasper PNL Mfg Co, LTD wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
Circe wrote:

So what? "High" cultures the world over (and particularly in Europe)

had
slavery (and children slaves) for thousands of years. One of the

reasons
that the wealthy in the Greek and Roman culture (who produced most

of
the
art and literature that we admire today) *were* wealthy was because

they
relied on slave labor to produce surplus goods and earn their money

for
them. Wow, what a wonderful achievement, eh?
----------------
Actually no, they bred horrible sadness by the thousands of lives.

were you there ?

-----------------
Sure was.

did you actually see this 'horrible sadness' ???

--------------
Oh yes!

Those people's labor for themselves would have done such incredible
good that it cannot even be fathomed.

'those people' were illiterate.........they would have subsisted,

nothing
more

--------------------
They were deprived of their rightful education in that society.
Also, anyway, reading was not much use at that time, a toy, nothing
more.

Instead it fed and clothed and pampered vain plutocrats and sycophants
who made war to steal from all of Europe.

and incidentally kept 'those people' from starving due to their own
inability to do anything more than simply survive under starvation
conditions

-----------------------
Nonsense. The slaves did that themselves.

Our rich do the same thing today!!!

so move to 'Da Mudda Lann' where everyone is poor

---------------------------
Ain't any, you ridiculous lying piece of ****!

the extent of your intellectual bankruptcy is fully exposed by your remarks
above

Old June 8th 04, 04:16 AM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
That's absolutely ridiculous. You could give the black savages all of
the money in the world and they wouldn't create anything. Wake up.

We could give YOU all the money in the world, and you wouldn't create
anything. Grow up.

lojbab
--
lojbab
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
Old June 8th 04, 04:20 AM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:16:27 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:
Holger Dansk wrote:
That's horrible. She has to show where someone else wrote it down for
people to believe her?

You also have to show references for people to believe you.

Never. You either believe me or you don't.

You are a racist, and not to be believed.

Therefore we don't believe you.

I'm not concerned about whether you believe me or not.

Good. Then we will continue to laugh at your inanity.

Why would I care what you believe about me?

Obviously you don't. You wouldn't be a racist.

If you don't believe me, it is your loss.

No. It is yours. Believing you would add nothing to the
conversation, or to the world. At least be disproving all your lies
with citations, I am educating myself, and also the masochists who
suffer to read these posts and look at the cites. You add nothing to
this but big fat targets to shoot at.

lojbab
Old June 8th 04, 04:22 AM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
These people were wonderful in what they knew about the world.

For someone as ignorant as you, that means that they had an ordinary
college education.

lojbab
Old June 8th 04, 04:22 AM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
I'm sure Cosby dislikes the bad pronunciations as much as the poor
grammar.

Whereas I'm sure you are wrong.

lojbab
Old June 8th 04, 05:41 AM

I've met too many highly literate children of illiterates,
black or otherwise, for this excuse to hold any water.

And to be fair, I've met a lot of white people who deserve the
criticism from Bill Cosby as well.

What sucks is the politicians who want to keep people like
cattle herds in ethnic ghettos so they can be assured of their captive
vote. If the black, Greek or Korean leaves the ghetto, heaven forbid,
they vote on their own - Better (for the pols) to keep them acting
like herds by providing things like bilingual education.

In by Bob LeChevalier
on Fri, 28 May 2004 19:47:31 -0400 we perused:

*+-I am sure that a small number of black slaves learned to read even
*+-though it was against the law. That would not negate the claim that
*+-blacks had insufficient access to any sort of education that would
*+-cause them to acquire native fluency in educated English.

*+-lojbab

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Health Reform means abolishing FDR's insurance tax exemption]
[To stop SPAM, Charge net-postage] [Abolish 16th (Inc Tx) Amendment]
Old June 8th 04, 05:49 AM

In fact, ebolaonics is "Suthun" which is derived from Cracker,
or Celtic grammar applied to English. I realised this once while
listening to an Irish immigrant, and sure enough, a while later Walter
Williams wrote about it.

But I have worked on Wall Street and attended Ivy league, and
I know plenty blacks (as well as many immigrants) who, despite their
accents, speak eloquently. And I will repeat, there are sadly plenty
of USA-born whites who maintain the speech idioms of their ethnic
ghettos and deserve Bill Cosby's criticism as well.

I'm amused he used the word knucklehead: When I was five
(1966), I used to watch his I Spy show just after the puppet who used
the word knucklehead.

In by R. Steve Walz on Sat,
29 May 2004 05:42:37 GMT we perused:
*+-They didn't, they spoke "Suthun". They still do. Dumb****.

- = -
Old June 8th 04, 09:02 AM
Holger Dansk

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:14:15 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

The Greeks had a great civilization. Much greater than the Romans.
They gave us many, many things. Not just some art and some literature.

----------------
Nonsense, they had the money to afford thinkers because they had
slaves once again, but they squandered it and most Athenians wasted
their money on high living, the few thinkers were a tiny minority.

The Greeks were not famous for being rich. I don't think there is any
mention of that in their history. I'm sure that the creators of
philosophy and architecture and math and on were probably about 10 % of
their culture. Their contributions to the world were incredible. You
see, they didn't even have libraries full of books to go and read. They
had to create all of it.

If papyrus had rotted ten percent faster they'd have been unknown!

The Egyptians were the ones who found or created papyrus. That, and
some engineering (the pyramids, etc.) was about all they did.

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old June 8th 04, 09:07 AM
Holger Dansk

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:03:11 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Those people's labor for themselves would have done such incredible
good that it cannot even be fathomed.

They wouldn't know what to do. There would not be anyone to tell them
what to do.

Just like the black savages in Africa who have killed so many of the
white farm owners. They worked in the field on some of these farms,
but, after killing the boss, they don't know how to operate the farm so
it just becomes a wasteland or goes back to undeveloped land.