Mass - Child Support/College for 18 year old

Old February 6th 06, 09:27 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Mass - Child Support/College for 18 year old

Hi,

I have a 17 year old son, he will be turning 18 in May. I am paying $1300 a
month/ 16K a year in child support for him, and have been for over years
now. My question is this, I realize that I will have to pay support if he is
a full-time student, but will i have to also pay for college costs on top of
it, can I get a copy of his grades and registration mailed to me to ensure
my greedy Ex doesnt just say he is going to college, but that he is
definately going, so my Ex is collecting support for lying in court to keep
the gravy train rollin.

Ricky

Old February 6th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.child-support

Not sure about your first question, but you can get transcripts. My
daughter's college, Florida Atlantic, sends copies to me, and have since
2004 when she began. Your obligation seems excessive. My ex pays $50.
with arrearage added. Her normal payment is $120.00 a month. You would
think that $1300. would be enough for your share. An family attorney
could tell you for sure. States probably differ somewhat on that issue.
Someone here will be able to answer that question for you, but for a
definitive answer I would ask an attorney. I am curious as to what your
ex could have lied about in order to receive that high an award.
Bill

Old February 6th 06, 11:40 PM posted to alt.child-support

"William Barger" wrote in message
Not sure about your first question, but you can get transcripts. My
daughter's college, Florida Atlantic, sends copies to me, and have since
2004 when she began. Your obligation seems excessive. My ex pays $50.
with arrearage added. Her normal payment is $120.00 a month. You would
think that $1300. would be enough for your share. An family attorney
could tell you for sure. States probably differ somewhat on that issue.
Someone here will be able to answer that question for you, but for a
definitive answer I would ask an attorney. I am curious as to what your
ex could have lied about in order to receive that high an award.
Bill

As someone that's gone round and round with the wonderful folks at the
neighborhood "family" court in MA, it's standard practice for them to
artificially inflate the C$ award. And Ricky can expect to keep paying his
current amount and more until the "child" is 23 years of age (if still in
school).

My advice to Ricky would be to drag the "child" to the nearest Army
recruiting office and sign him up for a real education.

Old February 7th 06, 12:15 AM posted to alt.child-support

Bill

Sorry, i meant that she will lie about my son going to college to continue
collecting the check.

Also, in mass the reason I am paying so much is beause i make about 63K a
year, and the Mass guidelines state that I must pay that much.

Thanks,
Ricky