space motif bedding

Old January 16th 05, 11:58 PM
Tim and Stephanie

Default space motif bedding

I recently bought a space motif bed set for my son. Well, a fool and her
money are soon parted, and in this case I guess I deserve it. For the price
I paid, it makes sense that it was junk. It di dnot say anywhere on the
outside packaging that one should not wash the comforter. How does it make
sense to have kid's bedding that cannot be washed? Now, on of the sheets has
developed a hole, less than 3 months after buying. So I am in the market for
a decent bedding set. Does anyone know a quality space motif bedding set OR
a place where I can get fabric?

Thanks

Stephanie

Old January 17th 05, 12:56 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Tim and Stephanie wrote:

I recently bought a space motif bed set for my son. Well, a fool and her
money are soon parted, and in this case I guess I deserve it. For the price
I paid, it makes sense that it was junk. It di dnot say anywhere on the
outside packaging that one should not wash the comforter. How does it make
sense to have kid's bedding that cannot be washed? Now, on of the sheets has
developed a hole, less than 3 months after buying. So I am in the market for
a decent bedding set. Does anyone know a quality space motif bedding set OR
a place where I can get fabric?

Company Kids (http://www.companykids.com) has a "cosmic
adventure" set. Garnet Hill (http://www.garnethill.com) has a
rocket ship set. I'm a happy customer of bedding from both.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old January 17th 05, 06:15 AM
jane.elizabeth

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Tim and Stephanie wrote:

[...]

I've bought the rocket ship prints in flannel from Garnet Hill (duvet cover
for DS and pants for DH!), and would have to say the flannel pills a *lot*.
Very disappointed in the quality, considering what I paid (vs. the LL Bean
flannel duvet cover which has *no* pilling).

The Garnet Hill non-flannel sheets are fine, however, though not
particularly soft.

HTH! Oh, and check frequently for sales!
Jane

Old January 17th 05, 11:10 PM
Irene

I should have known better than to look...g I really like the
Company Kids stuff, tho strangely only the boy stuff.

Irene

Old January 18th 05, 01:05 AM
Weezie

I agree with you Irene. The boys' bedding looks very nice. How come
they get all the cool motifs, like spaceships, safaris, vintage cars
and time machines? The girls get pink and some more pink with flowers.
(Although I do like pink and green together) When dd gets big enough to
have a twin bed, she's definitely getting an imaginative design on her
bedding, one that will spark her creativity.

best wishes,
Luiza

Old January 18th 05, 01:42 AM
H Schinske

Luiza ) wrote:

I agree with you Irene. The boys' bedding looks very nice. How come
they get all the cool motifs, like spaceships, safaris, vintage cars
and time machines?

No reason you can't buy space stuff (or whatever) for girls! My daughter used
to have a black jacket with space themes on it from L.L. Bean. She got TONS of
compliments on it.

--Helen
Old January 18th 05, 08:08 AM
Weezie

You bet I will!

-Luiza

Old January 18th 05, 05:36 PM
Irene

That's for sure! Actually, dd (9 months) has a yellow and blue room,
with a sun, moon, stars theme. It's gradually morphing into more girly
stuff - she's got a "star fairy" and an alphabet poster of magical
creatures (designed and hand-colored by an artistic friend of ours),
both of which need to get hung. But, the spaceship stuff would also go
with her room quite nicely! (And the pink flowery stuff would clash
horribly...)

(She does also have a porcelain tea set and a fancy doll up on a high
shelf, both gifts)

The main problem if I got the space theme for dd is that ds would
complain bitterly - I'd have to get it for both! However, it's way
premature to get anything for dd, since she's not nearly ready for her
own big girl bed!

Irene

Old January 20th 05, 04:31 AM
Weezie

We keep getting pink stuffed animals from the ILs. Boy are they an
eye-sore against the sage room. Pink is very nice with green, but it
has to be a nice desaturated one, not baby pink, I think. I have a
weird love-hate relationship with pink. Some pinks are ok and I like to
dress myself and dd (almost 5 months) in pink on certain days, but some
pink just gets on my last nerve. Go figure!

Before dd was conceived, we painted her room two different shades of
calming sage green, so when we found out we were "expecting" we decided
to build on that relaxed theme, and I love the way the room turned out.
I never get tired of looking at it. Turtles, and other non-pink animals
are going to be recurring themes in her room, I think. That's why I
really liked the color scheme of companykids safari bedspread- very
calming.

-Luiza

crib bedding Mary E. Hill Pregnancy 0 August 23rd 04 08:49 PM
Toddler bedding? Carole MacDonald General 6 September 9th 03 04:09 PM
Trivial question Bedding recommendations Jennifer Rasmussen Pregnancy 12 August 5th 03 04:22 AM
Personal space Sue General 32 August 1st 03 09:48 PM
OT ish - bedding at night teapot Breastfeeding 4 July 30th 03 04:44 AM