custodial parents complain about 25USD a year, but have internet/computers, etc...

Old September 28th 07, 04:59 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default custodial parents complain about 25USD a year, but have internet/computers, etc...

I just don't understand how custodial parents, who have decided to go
through the states can complain about a lousy 25USD a YEAR!!! for a
service THEY requested in many cases. They claim this will just take
food away from their children...Funny, but those same custodial
parents seem to have computers, internet service and cell phones among
other things...Hmmm, I don't know about you, but NONE of these things
should come BEFORE feeding your children...and if you don't have
enough to FEED your children, then you sure don't have the money to
spend on computers, internet service and cell phones...no, believe it
or not, they are NOT necesssities, although nice to have...

Old September 28th 07, 05:51 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Takes food of the kids plate?

$25 per year equals:

$2.09 a month
or
$0.48 per week
or
$0.07 per day

Anyone who knows how to feed kids on only 48 cents a month has the
solution to world hunger.

Made me sick when I read this in the paper last week. These CPs are so
used to freebies and handouts and having everyone cater to them,
they're getting all indignant over having to pay a minute annual fee.
What if they had to fork over, say $300 per week or face jail, loss of
licenses, public scorn, etc, etc, etc..?

One of the lawyer types quoted in the article I read asked "Where else
could a parent obtain the services of a law firm, accounting service,
collection agency, and detective firm for a mere 48 cents a week?".
No kidding.

Old September 28th 07, 10:35 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"whatamess" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just don't understand how custodial parents, who have decided to go
through the states can complain about a lousy 25USD a YEAR!!! for a
service THEY requested in many cases. They claim this will just take
food away from their children...Funny, but those same custodial
parents seem to have computers, internet service and cell phones among
other things...Hmmm, I don't know about you, but NONE of these things
should come BEFORE feeding your children...and if you don't have
enough to FEED your children, then you sure don't have the money to
spend on computers, internet service and cell phones...no, believe it
or not, they are NOT necesssities, although nice to have...

Dude, the greedy NEVER think clearly; that's why they steal.

Old September 28th 07, 03:31 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in

These CPs are so used to freebies and handouts and having everyone cater
to them,
they're getting all indignant over having to pay a minute annual fee.

It's like feeding wild bears, they get used to the easy way of life and then
go mental whenthe gravy train is taken away.
The bears are far better off to fend for themselves in the wild.

What if they had to fork over, say $300 per week or face jail, loss of
licenses, public scorn, etc, etc, etc..?

I agree, it's not so easy when the shoe is on the other foot and intact
families have to pay a little more at the gas pump and theycomplain they
can't make ends meet. Imagin if they had to pay an extra $800 a month? LOL

One of the lawyer types quoted in the article I read asked "Where else
could a parent obtain the services of a law firm, accounting service,
collection agency, and detective firm for a mere 48 cents a week?".

Red China comrade! :-)

Old September 28th 07, 03:55 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in

One of the lawyer types quoted in the article I read asked "Where else
could a parent obtain the services of a law firm, accounting service,
collection agency, and detective firm for a mere 48 cents a week?".
No kidding.

Why don't we just hand over our paycheck to the government and have them
control every aspect of our lives, that's what some people want the
government to do for them.

Might as well, after you get finished paying income taxes, fuel costs,
housing and CS, there's nothing left over to make any decisions with!

Old September 29th 07, 12:27 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Sep 28, 10:55 am, "DB" wrote:
wrote in

One of the lawyer types quoted in the article I read asked "Where else
could a parent obtain the services of a law firm, accounting service,
collection agency, and detective firm for a mere 48 cents a week?".
No kidding.

Why don't we just hand over our paycheck to the government and have them
control every aspect of our lives, that's what some people want the
government to do for them.

Might as well, after you get finished paying income taxes, fuel costs,
housing and CS, there's nothing left over to make any decisions with!

Well, sadly, some of the "wonderful" (sarcastic) governors we have
in this country have listened to them and instead of making the people
asking for the service pay for it (or contribute at least), they're
AGAIN going
to take it from ALL of us...from our taxes and the money the states
have,
that instead of going to better the lives of ALL citizens equally, it
will once
again be only left for those who complain and are used to a free
ride...
how lovely...

Old October 2nd 07, 11:00 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

http://www.mississippifamilylawblog....es_custod.html

Sept. 16, 2007
Mississippi DHS charges custodial parent fee for collecting child
support
Custodial parent says fee for collecting child support unfair

In an story out of Meridian, Mississippi, a mother received a letter
from the Mississippi Department of Human Services charging her a $25
fee for collecting child support. Under federal law, the fee is
charged when DHS is successful in recovering child support where the
custodial parent has not received public assistance.

The fee is nominal in comparison to the taxpayer dollars spent
collecting the child support, but the question becomes why the fee is
not charged to the non-custodial parent who owed the child support.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/14191333/detail.html

Sept. 24, 2007
Rell Cancels Plan To Charge Custodial Parents For Child Support

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Governor Rell says she's telling the state
officials to cancel plans to deduct a $25 annual fee from about 15,000
child support checks sent to custodial parents.

The Hartford Courant reported that the state Department of Social
Services would start deducting the fee next month. The federal
government instituted the fee to help fund child support enforcement
efforts.

But Rell says charging the fees to custodial parents makes no sense
and so the state will pay the federal fees out of its own coffers
instead.

Rell says the state will send an estimated $350,000 to $400,000 a year
to the federal government to cover the fees.
They affect only parents who receive at least $500 of child support
through the state's enforcement program. Parents on public assistance
are exempt.

Ah yes, we should have known that charging something - even $2.09 a
month for services they're using to rake in unearned, tax-free dough
- to custodial parents makes no sense.

Non Custodial Parents RLC Single Parents 0 December 21st 04 01:53 PM
Non Custodial Parents? RLC Solutions 0 December 21st 04 01:52 PM
Non-Custodial Parents SUE! Batroc Z. Leaper Child Support 0 December 19th 04 05:54 PM
Across U.S., Non-Custodial Parents Sue Dusty Child Support 19 October 3rd 04 01:43 AM
Custodial Parents Fighting for kids Child Support 9 November 2nd 03 09:39 PM