Motion Questioning

Old October 24th 07, 06:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
Illiana via FamilyKB.com

Default Motion Questioning

Henry wrote:
H.

Go to questioning, but have your lawyer present. Your lawyer will
instruct you on what to answer and what not to answer.

My lawyer will be present.

H.

Good man Henry. Your ex may want to work out a settlement agreement.

Old October 24th 07, 06:50 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Illiana via FamilyKB.com" u38194@uwe wrote in

Good man Henry. Your ex may want to work out a settlement agreement.

No, she does want to work out a settlement, her lawyer will get her the best
deal possible!
Just wait until Henry gets back to hear the details! LOL

Old October 24th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Henry" wrote in

Henry, you don't have to go to her Lawyers office, the amount has
already been decided.

I realize you are being sarcastic... but I must go or a) be held in
contempt and b) basically confirm the usual "guilty until proven
innocence" charge against fathers/payers.

I was never given an opportunity to state my real income to a judge, but
from what I was told by my lawyer, it doesn't matter what i say or what real
real evidence I bring, the judge will impute your income to what they feel
is appropriet.

I just hope you can afford the rate they set!

Keep us updated.

Old October 24th 07, 07:28 PM posted to alt.child-support
Henry

"Illiana via FamilyKB.com" u38194@uwe wrote in news:7a2daca3ff109@uwe:

Henry wrote:
H.
Go to questioning, but have your lawyer present. Your lawyer will
instruct you on what to answer and what not to answer.

My lawyer will be present.

H.

Good man Henry. Your ex may want to work out a settlement agreement.

We are well beyond that...
Old October 24th 07, 07:31 PM posted to alt.child-support
Henry

"DB" wrote in
:

I was never given an opportunity to state my real income to a judge,
but from what I was told by my lawyer, it doesn't matter what i say or
what real real evidence I bring, the judge will impute your income to
what they feel is appropriet.

I just hope you can afford the rate they set!

Keep us updated.

Well, I can and did state my income (line 150). But, as you know, the ex is
trying to impute income. It certainly adds a lot of stress knowing judges
are biased against fathers. Will they take my line 150, or add on $1K, $3K,
$10K, $50K on a whim?

H.
Old October 24th 07, 07:36 PM posted to alt.child-support
Henry

"DB" wrote in
:

Keep in mind, they need to establish potential income so that a judge
can impute any extra income they think the Defendant can potentially
earn.

Correct. The entire Questioning thing is one way to pressure me and
intimidate me. I'll go down with the ship...

H.
Old October 24th 07, 07:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
Henry

don_1228 wrote in news:1193235477.167114.288000
@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

I'm guessing you are the defendant. So then you might find questions
like:

How much money do you earn? What kind of work do you do? What is your
training for this work? Do you work overtime? Could you? What is your
standard of living? What are your living expenses? What kind of car do
you drive? What do you do with extra money? It's a fishing and testing
expedition, a test of your intelligence and emotional control

Depending on your resources and your knowledge of the system you may
or may not want legal representation. Either way be careful, very
careful. Your answers can and will be used against you if they
possibly can be. Answer directly and honestly but don't wander around
and throw in information that was not specifically requested.

[snip]

I will have my lawyer present. But I know I will be damned if I do, damned
if I don't. Another blow to fathers and payers. I assume I'll have
questions like "When did you stop beating your wife". To answer admits
guilt. To not answer admits guilt. You can't win.

It is the pressure and fear factor. But, I've been in court for 6 years...
just never to questioning. Judges are very biased in Ontario. I have seen
it to beleive it.

In the end it is simply an intimidation tactic and delaying tactic by the
ex. And she will squeeze $50 a month of imputed income from me if she
can... if it means an extra $1 a month in CS in her pockets. And through
all this we are supposed to "co-parent"... hahahaha.

Thanks for the great response.

H.
Old October 24th 07, 10:49 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Henry" wrote in

"DB" wrote in

I was never given an opportunity to state my real income to a judge,
but from what I was told by my lawyer, it doesn't matter what i say or
what real real evidence I bring, the judge will impute your income to
what they feel is appropriet.

I just hope you can afford the rate they set!

Keep us updated.

Well, I can and did state my income (line 150). But, as you know, the ex
is
trying to impute income. It certainly adds a lot of stress knowing judges
are biased against fathers. Will they take my line 150, or add on $1K,
$3K,
$10K, $50K on a whim?

They will add what ever the going rate is, so if you are an electrician
making $20/hr, but union rate is $30/hr, thats what you will pay!

Old October 24th 07, 10:50 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

Henry wrote:
H.
Go to questioning, but have your lawyer present. Your lawyer will
instruct you on what to answer and what not to answer.

My lawyer will be present.

H.

Good man Henry. Your ex may want to work out a settlement agreement.

We are well beyond that...

Henry, are you the guy with 5 kids in California?

Old October 24th 07, 10:53 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Henry" wrote in

In the end it is simply an intimidation tactic and delaying tactic by the
ex. And she will squeeze $50 a month of imputed income from me if she
can... if it means an extra $1 a month in CS in her pockets.

That's what it's all about, the money and they will take as much as they can
get andstillexpect you to provide the basic extras like coats, shoes,
glasses, scout fees and baseball touramnet fees!

Filed my motion with CSE in CO today John Meyer Child Support 3 May 17th 06 03:44 AM
Motion or Modification rj Child Support 18 August 2nd 05 03:50 PM
Motion Costs Peter Child Support 1 September 22nd 04 09:47 AM
Questioning Doctor's advice. karen hill Pregnancy 48 January 16th 04 12:01 AM
Child Support Motion Deejay Child Support 3 July 9th 03 07:25 PM