Inappropriate Teacher's Dress

Old June 18th 05, 03:43 AM
Mary

Default Inappropriate Teacher's Dress

Have any of you faced a teacher, preschool or otherwise that dressed
inappropriately? Recently, I experienced a situation with "teachers"
(they were actually college students doing a summer intern-job) that
wore low ride, cotton, white, mini skirts, with no slips (do people
still wear slips?). One has a tongue stud. Both wore shirts with their
belly buttons exposed.
It is a delicate situation in that I am related to the owner. I did
say something to the owner, but then let the subject die.
I can say that husband is eager to drive my daughters to the school!

In a previous preschool, the teachers had tattoos, but they covered
them up. I have a tattoo as well, but if I was in a professional
situation, I would cover it up.

Mary

Old June 18th 05, 04:01 AM
dejablues

"Mary" wrote in message
oups.com...
Have any of you faced a teacher, preschool or otherwise that dressed
inappropriately? Recently, I experienced a situation with "teachers"

OK, since you are posting from Ohio , USA, summer "recently" must have been
last summer (2004). Quotes around "teachers". Hmmm.

(they were actually college students doing a summer intern-job) that
wore low ride, cotton, white, mini skirts, with no slips (do people
still wear slips?).

Good on you for noting the fabric content , color, cut, and lack of
undergarments . eyeroll

One has a tongue stud.

So?

Both wore shirts with their
belly buttons exposed.

So?

It is a delicate situation in that I am related to the owner. I did
say something to the owner,

What?

but then let the subject die.
I can say that husband is eager to drive my daughters to the school!

In a previous preschool, the teachers had tattoos, but they covered
them up.

How did you know thay had tattoos?

I have a tattoo as well, but if I was in a professional
situation, I would cover it up.

Mary

Hahah. You're a friggin troll, so these teachers must be paragons of virtue
in comparison.

Old June 18th 05, 06:13 AM
Mary

Why such over analysis of my post?

First of all, summer does not start on a special day in just Ohio. It
starts the same day in all of the Northern Hemisphere.

Most colleges have started their summer breaks. These girls are
working their summer jobs. Shall we call it a spring break or a spring
job just because it is not summer yet? @@

These college-aged girls are not teachers, as they are not certified or
degreed. I think a more proper term for them would be teacher's
aides.

Yes I made note of what they were wearing. If it did not make an
impression on me, I would not be posting about it.

Belly button shirts, and tongue studs are unprofessional, and
inappropriate. The tongue studs can interfere with annunciation, and
these teachers need to role model proper speech patterns.

I know my daughters' previous teachers had tattoos because they
showed my daughters their tattoos when the subject of my tattoo was
brought up.

I hardly see how this post can be considered trolling, as I did not
post in a body art newsgroup. The subject matter is not controversial.

Old June 18th 05, 02:37 PM
dejablues

"Mary" wrote in message
oups.com...

Belly button shirts, and tongue studs are unprofessional, and
inappropriate. The tongue studs can interfere with annunciation,

How do you know they're Catholic?

Old June 18th 05, 03:40 PM
Mary

CiAgTXkgR29kIHlvdSBhcmUgYSBwaWVjZSBvZiB3b3JrLiBsb2 9rIHRoZSB3b3JkIHVwLgoKICBh
bsK3bnVuwrdjacK3YcK3dGlvbiAoyZktbsWtbidzxJMtxIEnc2 jJmW4pCm4uClRoZSBhY3Qgb2Yg
YW5ub3VuY2luZwo=

Old June 18th 05, 04:35 PM
dejablues

"Mary" wrote in message
ups.com...

My God you are a piece of work. look the word up.

an·nun·ci·a·tion (?-nun'se-a'sh?n)
n.
The act of announcing

You forgot the first definition:

March 25 observed as a church festival in commemoration of the announcement
of the Incarnation to the Virgin Mary.

Thanks for the hilarious mental image of the angel Gabriel appearing to a
tattooed and pierced woman to tell her she will bear the Saviour! Hehe.

Old June 18th 05, 05:31 PM
dejablues

I'm sorry I called you a troll. There's always an upsurge in them at this
time of year, but you don't seem to be one.

Old June 18th 05, 03:41 PM
Mary

YW7Ct251bsK3Y2nCt2HCt3Rpb24gKMmZLW7FrW4nc8STLcSBJ3 NoyZluKSAKbi4KVGhlIGFjdCBv
ZiBhbm5vdW5jaW5nCg==

Old June 18th 05, 04:20 PM
dejablues

"Mary" wrote in message
oups.com...
an·nun·ci·a·tion (?-nun'se-a'sh?n)
n.
The act of announcing

Yeah, you really meant "enunciation" :

2 : ARTICULATE, PRONOUNCE enunciate all the syllables
intransitive senses : to utter articulate sounds

Old June 18th 05, 08:52 PM
Hillary Israeli

In .com,
Mary wrote:

*Belly button shirts, and tongue studs are unprofessional, and
*inappropriate. The tongue studs can interfere with annunciation, and
*these teachers need to role model proper speech patterns.

Why are tongue studs unprofessional? Off the top of my head I can think of
three professionals I know who have tongue studs, including one very
wonderful pediatrician.

Regarding interference with annunciation, well, as a Jew, I'm not really
so familiar with the topic but I am hard pressed to understand how it
could interfere

If you mean enunciation, well, only if you have a bad piercing, I think.
It doesn't seem to be a problem for the folks I know with them.

*post in a body art newsgroup. The subject matter is not controversial.

But you seem to think it should be!

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth