Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old May 24th 04, 09:37 AM
Holger Dansk

On Mon, 24 May 2004 02:09:02 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

The problem is with the black value system which is terrible.

--------------
But they're not going to let a racist like you change it, Holger.

They are the only ones who can change their lives. I'm not talking
about this as if I invented it. I'm talking about universal truths that
have existed for thousands of years. Things that are true the world
over.

They do not value education and doing things right.

------------------
Not entirely true, they have simply become convinced that anyone
promising that is merely conspiring to cheat them one more time.
They therefore refuse to trust whitey.

This is a very negative attitude that they must get rid of and have a
positive attitude. Thinking that someone is after you to harm you is a
schizophrenic symptom.

Blacks must want to speak
correctly and walk correctly and sit correctly and do many other things
correctly in order to change their lives.

------------------
No, that's not true, nor is it required.
That's just your pompous backward little delusion.

Oh, but you must know that it is true. What is your solution to their
problems other than give me, give me, give me, some money. You have to
do something in this world. You can't just sit and say the world owes
you this that and the other.

They must value education
instead of criticizing and making fun of black students who do well on
test and study and try to do well. Without a good value system they are
lost.
Holger

---------------------
They have seen the white man take black college grads and throw
seven of them away for every one they promote, and seen that the
ones they keep never come back and teach their children. Whitey
picks the subservient "n-gg-rs" they can push around. Years later
their income isn't up to their educational level, they're just
a slightly higher form of slave, a "house n-gg-r".

A college degree does not give you the right to a good job anywhere. It
is just a license to learn. That's all. However, it is very important.
If you don't have one from a good college you may not even be
interviewed. They think that you don't have enough ambition to get a
college degree. If you have a college degree then you might get a job
that you like. A college degree is just the beginning of learning.

Steve

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old May 24th 04, 09:39 AM
Holger Dansk

On Sun, 23 May 2004 22:14:42 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
The problem is with the black value system which is terrible.

It is better than the racist value system, which is subhuman.

Get your mind off racism. We are not talking about it. There's not
anything much worse than sitting around on your ass hollering racism
about everything. You've got to think and have a positive attitude.

lojbab

Old May 24th 04, 09:42 AM
Holger Dansk

On Mon, 24 May 2004 02:03:57 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Blacks score poorly on standardized tests compared with whites and asians.
And the gap persists, year after year. Why? I don't know.

----------------
I do, I've read the research for years, have you?

I just want
the friggin' problem solved. And the current solutions are not closing the
gap.
Fletch

------------------
That's because the rich know it will take all their wealth to
correct it, and they got that wealth by abusing people quite
similarly to slavery anyway.

The "rich" will never correct it. They can't. You and the other black
people are the only people in the world who can correct your problems.
Why not get started on it today?

Old May 24th 04, 09:53 AM
Holger Dansk

On Sun, 23 May 2004 22:20:57 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

I did say that. Now try some comprehension. Those would have been
"incomprehensible" pronunciations since they could not be understood,
not "incorrect" ones. But of course since there is no one who
pronounces those words in that manner, your "argument" is pure straw.

Not according to you. You said that you can pronounce words any way you
like and that there is no correct pronunciation.

Therefore, if you pronounce "sweep" as "****" and "floors" as "goats",
then, instead of saying, "I sweep floors at McDonalds." you would say,
"I **** goats at McDonalds."

To which I would reply, "I didn't know McDonalds had any goats. Why
would you **** goats there? Why not do it at your home."

You see how confusing not pronouncing words correctly can be?

Old May 24th 04, 10:03 AM
Holger Dansk

On Mon, 24 May 2004 01:09:21 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Sun, 23 May 2004 11:06:16 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

You are responsible for the way you live today, and not anyone else.
------------------------
Nope, not if you are a victim, you're not, you are reliant upon
being restored to health before that can be true.

You are not a victim.

-------------
No, I'm not. But that's merely my luck so far.

You are in charge.

-------------
Nope, I'm not, and you're not, nobody is.

Take charge of your fate/future/life. Then watch what happens.

----------------
There is no such thing. People cannot change what circumstances have
made them or how it continues to shape them. There is no such thing
as "Free Will"! And this is easily testable by a simple experiment
in your own mind: Can you change the tiniest belief you hold merely
because you want to prove you can? No, you cannot, and if you say
you can you are merely lying, and EVERYBODY ELSE KNOWS IT!!

You can LIE and SAY you did, but you can't. for you to change you
must be changed by an uncontrolled change that occurs in your
thinking process due to some final realization beyond your control,
or you must be effected from outside events and life experiences
that change you, and THEY are ALSO outside your control, you will
be changed by them and you cannot even prevent it!!

If you cannot change your beliefs, then you cannot change the acts
you do which are derived from your beliefs, and thus you are totally
and completely Determined by Cause and Effect in your Life, just like
all other events controlled by chemical and physical laws!! Your
brain and body are NO DIFFERENT!!

Gosh, you really do have a lot of loose screws. You must have had a
terrible life not believing that you have free will, etc. How horrible.

Running around whining and
acting like a victim will not get you anywhere.

---------------------------
Shooting the people who rob and steal from you WILL!!

You've got to learn that. Everyone is responsible for their lives.
Not anyone else.
----------------------------
If you had an assailant who injured you, then THEY are.

Everyone has injuries. You have to get back on the horse when you get
bucked off.
Keep getting back on until you can ride the horse.

--------------------
That's nothing but meaningless bull**** sloganism.

The
horse is not responsible for you not being able to ride it.

----------------------
This "horse" you try to mis-personify as a merely some dumb animal
is a conspiracy of criminals against you, against most of you!!!!
It is up to you to shoot any horse that doesn't want to go where
your majority directs it!!

It's not
what happens to us in life but how we behave after things happen
to us that determines our happiness or unhappiness.

-----------------------------
Yes, when circumstance finally make us all realize that we need
to shoot all the capitalist thieves we will be far happier!!

Unpleasant things happen to everyone.
Holger

-----------------------------
That does NOT absolve criminals and capitalist criminals of their
crimes!! They must be stopped and imprisoned and enslaved for their
thefts!!

Please try to see a psychiatrist right away. You think that people are
out to get you, and it's all in your mind. That's schizophrenic
behavior.

Old May 24th 04, 10:07 AM
Holger Dansk

wrote:

[...]

Get hold of yourself. Not anyone is trying to rob or steal from you.

[...]

Please see a psychiatrist or psychologist at your earliest opportunity.

Old May 24th 04, 11:18 AM
Lesa

"Bob LeChevalier" wrote in message

But he did. The original article reporting these events is the
following (cited by others, is why I know it was first; but I believe
Reliable Source only uses original material by policy, anyway):
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004May18.html

I'd suggest you read this to clarify your views just a bit.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/may04/231392.asp

Old May 24th 04, 12:04 PM

Lesa wrote:

I'd suggest you read this to clarify your views just a bit.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/may04/231392.asp

The key element of that citation is Cosby's assignment of
the blame (for DAFN failure) to "poor parenting." What
is not mentioned is that the majority of "black parenting"
is an OOW_Breeding LOOZer_Mother(only) with no father in sight.

Nobody is holding guns to the headz of DAFNz forcing them to
breed out of wedlock. It is a free decision resulting from
irresponsibility and IQ-75 inability to envision the consequences
and impact down the road on DAFNculture.

And it'z all *GENETIC* in origin (low IQ and impulsive behavior).
Old May 24th 04, 01:55 PM
Fletch F. Fletch

Bob LeChevalier wrote:
"Fletch F. Fletch" wrote:
Christopher Weeks wrote:
And really, the best way to
look at these factors is through risk assessment. There is a risk
that poor posture will lead to late-life back trauma. There is a
risk that poor wrist positioning will lead to nervous disorders
after years of typing. So those are incorrect, right?

If your goal is to be healthy, those are incorrect.

But of course part of the issue is that not everyone has the goal of
being healthy, especially if it means that they have to abandon vices
of which they are fond, or if the change is difficult or painful.

"Correct" becomes a relative thing, because what is correct is
relative to your goal.

What about driving?
Is driving incorrect because there is a risk of injury and death?

One must look at the *consequences* of driving or not
driving, and perhaps at the consequences of driving well or driving
poorly.

In all likelihood, someone who does not drive (or ride) anywhere, and
instead walks, will have a smaller radius of travel, but will be much
healthier. Thus, if your goal is to be healthy, it is "incorrect" to
drive.

Doesn't that sound silly?

I don't think I really have one.

I have no use for racists. They make me sick. But sometimes I get a
similar feeling from well-intentioned people who allow discussion of
nothing beyond PC-filtered tripe, sort of anti-racists.

I am an anti-racist, but I think we are having a polite and open
discussion that is not PC-filtered.

My comments were not directed at you. You are clearly an intelligent guy
and so I leave much unsaid, but I shouldn't have left that unsaid.

Blacks score poorly on standardized tests compared with whites and
asians.

Most blacks, and most whites and many Asians.

Of course. I am speaking of the mean.

And the gap persists, year after year. Why? I don't know.

I do. We haven't changed the things that cause the differences. The
changes that we are making in schools help the blacks out, and their
scores go up, but they also help the other races out, and their scores
go up.

You've perhaps heard that even while SAT scores were going down (they
are going up these days), the scores for whites, for blacks, and
indeed for all the subcategories, were going up. The gap persisted,
though black scores did rise a little faster than white scores, but
the overall SAT average declined. Why? Because more kids from the
lower part of the bell curve were taking the test than in prior years,
and the weights that went into the overall average changed.

I am aware of the general trends in SAT scores. And I agree with your
contention that it is likely (though not certain) that the left half of the
normal is over-represented in the additional test takers.

At any rate, to close the gap, we would have to give the blacks
something that we don't give the others, and government cannot do
that.

I'm not buying this. Assuming that whites and blacks have equal potential,
blacks are using far less of theirs. Given that, and the reasonable
assumption of diminshing returns, with equal stimuli, scores for blacks
should climb far faster (ceteris paribus) until things begin to equal out.

Government can only set conditions such that if others, such as
black parents, want to do something for their kids, they can take
advantage of things. Given programs aimed primarily at the poor, who
are more likely black than white, especial effort by black parents
would help to close the gap.

Parents are probably the key.

The other solution is to stop looking at the data by race. Race is
not important.

Maybe you're right. I'm just not sure.

There is no gap between races, if you don't look at
races.

Whatever is, is.

We don't look at the gap in test scores based on obesity
level. Why is race more important than obesity level? We don't look
at the gap in test scores based on birth weight (that might actually
reveal something). Why is race more important that birth weight?

I assume you are being sort of rhetorical here since race pervades our
society. College admissions are based, in part, on it, many jobs, govt
contract set asides, etc. Data by race is important because race is how
many decisions are made. (I'm not talking about racists here.)

And of course my other gripe is that there is no clear definition of
"black", or for that matter "white".

Certainly. We are dealing in fuzzy terms, but this is done all the time.

I just want
the friggin' problem solved. And the current solutions are not
closing the gap.

They won't, and I'm not sure that the problem CAN be solved in a free
society in less than a couple of generations. A change to the schools
now will help the kids already in the schools some, but not nearly as
much as the kids who have not started. Solutions are always aimed at
the ones already in trouble, when we need to focus on the long term.
But politicians and voters don't like to focus on the long term - they
want the quickie solution. And there isn't one.

No doubt about the politicians. I suspect parents are more important than
schools on this issue.

Slainte,
Fletch