word for reverse peristalsis

Old October 5th 06, 08:50 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie

Default word for reverse peristalsis

I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word "puke." I
think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct and polite
term for this phenomenon?

Thanks

Stephanie

Old October 5th 06, 09:23 PM posted to misc.kids
JennP

"Stephanie" wrote in message
I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word "puke."

think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct and

polite
term for this phenomenon?

Vomit? Throw up? Puke?

While the word "puke" is a bit crass I don't particularly find it all that
offensive. However, if it's a word that bugs you then I understand you not
wanting to hear it in your home. When he is in your care you can tell him,
"When we are at Miss Stephanie's house we say "throw up" instead of "puke".

How old is he? Could he just be saying it to get a reaction for using such a
"dangerous" word?

JennP.

Old October 5th 06, 09:34 PM posted to misc.kids
Stephanie

"JennP" wrote in message

"Stephanie" wrote in message
I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word
"puke."

think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct and

polite
term for this phenomenon?

Vomit? Throw up? Puke?

While the word "puke" is a bit crass I don't particularly find it all that
offensive. However, if it's a word that bugs you then I understand you not
wanting to hear it in your home. When he is in your care you can tell him,
"When we are at Miss Stephanie's house we say "throw up" instead of
"puke".

That's what I say, pretty much. Since it is the word that their family uses,
I am not going to pass any judgment on it.

How old is he? Could he just be saying it to get a reaction for using such
"dangerous" word?

No. That is just the word that their family uses. I don't know why. Puke
just seems like a rude way to say it. Perhaps it is only in my mind. If it
is not commonly considered rude, I will leave it alone.

JennP.

Old October 5th 06, 10:02 PM posted to misc.kids
Dave {Reply Address In.sig}

Stephanie wrote:
I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word "puke." I
think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct and polite
term for this phenomenon?

Puke sounds fine to me, as does barf, yak or vomit. Throwing up sounds a
lot more dignified and doesn't really convey the proper effect, whereas
the others do.

--
Dave
mail da (without the space)
Old October 5th 06, 10:23 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

"Stephanie" wrote:

I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word "puke." I
think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct and polite
term for this phenomenon?

I don't know that either word is more correct than any other word

Synonyms for vomit: be sick, throw up, heave, be nauseous, be
nauseated, gag, retch, spew, puke, hurl, barf.

Old October 5th 06, 10:56 PM posted to misc.kids
Aula

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Stephanie" wrote:

I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word

"puke." I
think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct and

polite
term for this phenomenon?

I don't know that either word is more correct than any other word

Synonyms for vomit: be sick, throw up, heave, be nauseous, be
nauseated, gag, retch, spew, puke, hurl, barf.

and let us not forget ye olde 'worship the porcelain throne'

aula

Old October 5th 06, 11:12 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"Stephanie" wrote in message
I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word "puke."
I think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct and
polite term for this phenomenon?

Vomit (verb) or emesis (noun).

Personally, I like "praying to the porcolin god."

Thanks

Stephanie

Old October 6th 06, 12:34 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article AmdVg.28$We.3@trndny08, "Stephanie" wrote:

I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word "puke." I
think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct and polite
term for this phenomenon?

Be sick, though I find it vague. I use 'vomit'. How about spew, or
technicolor yawn? Or you could introduce 'chunder' (considered coarse here).

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old October 6th 06, 12:39 AM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"Dave {Reply Address In.sig}" wrote in message
Stephanie wrote:
I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word
"puke." I
think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct
and polite
term for this phenomenon?

Puke sounds fine to me, as does barf, yak or vomit. Throwing up
sounds a
lot more dignified and doesn't really convey the proper effect,
whereas
the others do.

I agree completely. We always said "bommit" though, because one of
the children couldn't pronounce vomit correctly. Still do actually.
And I'm sure you wouldn't like our term for passing gas -- we call it
doing "squishin' poots". There's sort of a long history to that
phrase.

Bizby

Old October 6th 06, 01:33 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

"Aula" wrote:

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
.. .
"Stephanie" wrote:

I have a little girl and boy in my care whose parents use the word

"puke." I
think this is a rude word. I say "throw up." What is the correct and

polite
term for this phenomenon?

I don't know that either word is more correct than any other word

Synonyms for vomit: be sick, throw up, heave, be nauseous, be
nauseated, gag, retch, spew, puke, hurl, barf.

and let us not forget ye olde 'worship the porcelain throne'

Here's a URL with a list of 488 different terms that people have
nominated

http://www.humorosis.com/kr/vomit.asp

including
Hugging the Porcelain God
driving the porcelain bus
cough up a fur balls
Heeeeeeres Johnny
pop crackle hurl
liquid burp
Chummin
call Ralph on the big white telephone
reverse gears
regurgitating
downloading
recycled meatloaf
re greeting eating

stomach tsunami

misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 January 18th 06 05:47 AM
reading Stephanie General 65 November 28th 05 07:23 AM
Teaching a 5 yo to read Jim General 42 May 2nd 05 02:59 AM
A praise report. PRAISE GOD!!! [email protected] Solutions 8 April 23rd 05 02:44 PM