She's Perfect!

Old October 19th 06, 02:49 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default She's Perfect!

I knew that, but it was nice to have it confirmed

We had our follow up appt yesterday with the developmental pedi. Given
the circumstances of A's birth and then heavy sedation, there was some
concern about loss of oxygen and potential developmental delay due to
sedation. The only obvious sign initially was that her left side was
"smushed' - she had a lazy eye and the left side of her face lacked
definition, and her leg was slightly turned inward. That was all
probably to do with how she was positioned in the womb, but the
potential for lack of oxygen also caused some concern.

Well, doc said my 3.5 month old daughter is doing everything a 3 month
old should do and many things a 4month old should do and at least at
this point, shows no signs of the effects of oxygen loss or sedation!
And the left-side issue seems to be resolving itself as her muscles
appear just fine.

She's dropped a bit in the height/weight ratio - she keeps getting
taller but not fatter ;-) (unlike her mom), but also not surprising
given her eating habits of late. Not concerned there either though, as
that will work itself out. And fortunately he said not to even think
about formula supplements - not that I did, but it was good not to have
to argue that point - esp since there's plenty of EBM for her to take
if she'd be less stubborn!

Old October 19th 06, 08:05 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
PattyMomVA

"cjra" wrote and I snipped:
I knew that, but it was nice to have it confirmed

We had our follow up appt yesterday with the developmental pedi.

Well, doc said my 3.5 month old daughter is doing everything a 3 month
old should do and many things a 4month old should do

She's dropped a bit in the height/weight ratio - she keeps getting
taller but not fatter ;-) (unlike her mom), but also not surprising
given her eating habits of late. Not concerned there either though, as
that will work itself out. And fortunately he said not to even think
about formula supplements - not that I did, but it was good not to have
to argue that point - esp since there's plenty of EBM for her to take
if she'd be less stubborn!

Sounds great. Way to go, A!

-Patty, mom of 1+2

Old October 19th 06, 08:57 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

On Oct 19, 6:49 am, "cjra" wrote:
[...]

misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 April 20th 06 05:33 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 March 20th 06 05:31 AM
Review: She's The Man (** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 1 March 16th 06 07:25 AM
Shiny update Jenrose Pregnancy 21 August 13th 05 08:26 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 July 31st 05 05:24 AM