pulling-up/standing support for 7-month-old

Old March 21st 05, 09:44 PM

Default pulling-up/standing support for 7-month-old

DS2 is 7 months today. His new activity of choice is standing supported
-- he's at the stage where he really needs a parent *right* there
behind him, but can actually spend some time balancing against the
couch, etc. He loves it! I was wondering if anyone could think of any
baby occupation gadgets (along the lines of an Exersaucer, but isn't
that made for a sitting position?) that help practice this skill so
that Mommy can go do something nearby while baby squawks contentedly
and safely. I'm looking for something he might enjoy being in for maybe
20 minutes at a time.

Old March 21st 05, 10:23 PM
Jamie Clark

Nope, the Excersaucer is a standing thing. You can raise up the device so
that their feet are touching the ground, and they are standing in the seat
part, but straight upright. My 6 month old loves hers. We also have a
Johnny-Jump Up that we put in the doorway to the office, that she loves.
Our older daughter also loved both, and was like a circus bungee performer
in the JJU.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

oups.com...

Old March 21st 05, 10:53 PM
Jamie Clark

Or try a resale shop. You can probably get a $80 excersaucer for $25.
--

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message

DS2 is 7 months today. His new activity of choice is standing supported
-- he's at the stage where he really needs a parent *right* there
behind him, but can actually spend some time balancing against the
couch, etc. He loves it! I was wondering if anyone could think of any
baby occupation gadgets (along the lines of an Exersaucer, but isn't
that made for a sitting position?) that help practice this skill so
that Mommy can go do something nearby while baby squawks contentedly
and safely. I'm looking for something he might enjoy being in for maybe
20 minutes at a time.

They're pretty much standing in an Exersaucer (though
they're not supporting all their weight). On the other hand,
by 7 months, you wouldn't get all *that* much use out of a
new Exersaucer, so you might just elect to tough it out. A
jumper might also provide some similar fun. You might check
if you know anyone who could loan you one or the other to
give them a try.

Best wishes,
Ericka