8-month Roll Call!

Old November 8th 03, 08:05 PM
Belphoebe

Default 8-month Roll Call!

Hey, I can't let teapot and her crew have all the fun, now can I? :P

My little bug just turned eight months today, and I can't believe the time's
going so fast. Who else has an eight-month old? Offhand, I can think of
two: ted and FayeC. Who else have we got, and how are you doing?

DS crawls at high speed now, and sits up straighter than I do. His first
two teeth (middle, bottom) appeared at a little over six months, and so far
no others have emerged, though they keep threatening. He wants very badly
to walk, and loves having one of us support him in a standing position so he
can play a rousing game of "bouncy, bouncy baby."

We're pleased that he seems to have a good sense of humor, which he
expresses with two distinct laughs: a high-pitched giggle, and a more
gutteral "huh-huh-huh." He doesn't believe us when we tell him that shoes
and glasses aren't meant to be eaten.

BF is a happy routine for us, and DS's appetite is enormous. He started
solids at six months, but we took it very slowly at first. He'd have maybe
a teaspoon or two of fruit or veggie babyfood, and we'd occasionally skip a
day or two altogether. Now, he suddenly wants more--he's up two twice a
day, and he's also developed a taste for water accompanying those meals.
Then he wants a chaser of "mookie."

Hope the other eight-monthers and their parents are well.

--
Belphoebe

Old November 8th 03, 09:33 PM
sharonx9

Belphoebe wrote:
:: My little bug just turned eight months today, and I can't believe
:: the time's going so fast. Who else has an eight-month old?
:: Offhand, I can think of two: ted and FayeC. Who else have we got,
:: and how are you doing?

My daughter will be 8 months old on the 13th. She started crawling about 6
days ago. She now wants to pull up to stand. She started out really slow
but now after onlhy 6 days, she's getting fast. She also started saying
"momma" at the same time she learned to crawl. She laughs and giggles. She
loves playing "peek a boo".

She is still breastfeeding and is not very interested in solids at this
point. She is trying to learn to drink from a sippy. I got her a new one
that has an extra soft spout and she likes it although at this point, she
just bites it to get stuff out of it. She has sucked it a few times and I
think it startled her. :-)

She was 17 1\2 pounds at her 6 month checkup so she hasn't been back since.
I know she's gained weight but I don't know how much. She doesn't have much
hair either but it's getting thicker all the time. She has 4 teeth, 2 top
and 2 bottom. I think she is getting more because she bites her fingers
alot.

--
.. : * ~ * : . _ . : * ~ * : . _ . : * ~ * : .
Sharon

Old November 8th 03, 11:43 PM
Rob and Laura

Faye's baby is almost 9 months like Izabella. Well Ig uess shes still 8
months old until the 10th which is when she turns nine months!!
Izabella has 5 teeth now, and is starting to walk (yes the cats have now
gone into hiding) It is so great I love it. She loves to watch TV
espically dora the explorer, bear in the big blue house and the wiggles. As
long as it keeps her amused we are both happy. She is also saying Mama and
Dada and just started to wave bye bye and hello to you if you do the same to
her.

BF is going very well, I love it and would never give it up for anything!

Izabella is also eating her 3 meals a day, she loves any sort of fruit, but
HATES green veggies and meat! Shes doing very well. At 7.5 months she was
weighing in at 17 lbs so we go next week to get weighed again and a
checkup!! But so far so good.

Time sure flies doesn't it? Its too bad they cannot stay smaller for a
little while longer. They grow up way too fast.

--
Laura, TTC #2 and
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old November 9th 03, 12:43 AM
AmyAmy4734

Christina will be 8 months on the 21st. She's finally learned to go forward,
commando crawl-style. She has two bottom teeth which she loves to try out on
my fingers, but she's been kind of slow to take solids. Well, she's been kind
of slow to figure out sleeping at night too. Ah well, such is life with baby.
She started saying "mamma" and "hi" and "yeah" at around 5 or 6 months, but she
is not signing yet.

And, let's see, she's still in cloth diapers and still breastfeeding and still
charming everyone with her goofy grin. She puts everything in her mouth, and
shows every sign of being a "tip over the wastebasket" kind of baby.

Amy
mom to Patricia 5-12-99
Christina 3-21-03

Old November 9th 03, 06:44 PM
Belphoebe

sharonx9 wrote:

She is still breastfeeding and is not very interested in solids at
this point. She is trying to learn to drink from a sippy. I got her
a new one that has an extra soft spout and she likes it although at
this point, she just bites it to get stuff out of it. She has sucked
it a few times and I think it startled her. :-)

DS has a sippy cup, but he's decided he prefers his Daddy's big water glass.
He reaches for it and gets DH to position for him so he can drink from it.
We think he likes it because he can see the water coming, whereas his sippy
is opaque (though not bad as a toy).

--
Belphoebe

Old November 9th 03, 06:49 PM
Belphoebe

Rob and Laura wrote:

Faye's baby is almost 9 months like Izabella.

Whoops--I misunderstood a recent post of hers. . . .

Well Ig uess shes
still 8 months old until the 10th which is when she turns nine
months!!
Izabella has 5 teeth now, and is starting to walk (yes the cats have
now gone into hiding) It is so great I love it. She loves to watch
TV espically dora the explorer, bear in the big blue house and the
wiggles. As long as it keeps her amused we are both happy.

DS's favorites, in order of preference, are _Sesame Street_, _Between the
Lions_, and _Caillou_.

She is
also saying Mama and Dada and just started to wave bye bye and hello
to you if you do the same to her.

In our case, we sometimes get a "Mama," but it seems to be a generic word
that could refer to either of us. Our joke is that he's got "Big Mama" (DH)
and "Little Mama" (me).

He says "good" when he wants either to bf or have solids (he goes to "Big
Mama" for the latter).

Time sure flies doesn't it? Its too bad they cannot stay smaller for
a little while longer. They grow up way too fast.

I know! Everyone warns new parents about this, but until you experience it
for yourself, you don't know just how true that is.

--
Belphoebe

Old November 9th 03, 06:51 PM
Belphoebe

AmyAmy4734 wrote:

And, let's see, she's still in cloth diapers and still breastfeeding
and still charming everyone with her goofy grin. She puts everything
in her mouth, and shows every sign of being a "tip over the
wastebasket" kind of baby.

Hee. We keep the baby laundry in a box in the living room, and DS has
decided that knocking over the dirty-laundry box is great fun!

--
Belphoebe

Old November 9th 03, 07:01 PM
Rob and Laura

I totally agree about the growing up to fast. But you know what I am
enjoying seeing something new from Izabella everyday, and knowing that since
she was born I have enjoyed her doing so much, from crying, to walking to
just being herself. I love seeing her personality grow and keep wondering
what sort of girl will she be when she grows up! Its just so amazing.

If someone was to ask me what she was like when she was born, I will never
be able to tell you cause I just do not remember those days. I have
pictures but cannot put it into words.

Old November 10th 03, 05:04 AM
Kerry D

Hi everyone -

Climbing out of the comfortable darkness of lurkdom to add to the 8
month tally. I just want to say that I LOVE the support of this
group, even from the sidelines. I recently told a nearly-due friend
of mine that there'd be no way we'd still be nursing at 8 months if it
wasn't for the group - so thanks!

Ellie turned 8 months a week ago, and it's more been more amazing than
I ever thought. We have a crawling monster who shrieks at the top of
her lungs and sticks out her tongue when she's happy, which is luckily
most of the time.

I'm glad to hear that there are other munchkins out there who aren't
really into the whole solids thing yet. We've tried a bit of avodaco,
carrots, bananas, and rice cereal, and (except for the avocado) she
seems to like them well enough, but it seems like on the days we do
solids, her nights are pretty rough. Anyone else finding that to be
the case?

And, as long as I'm here, can I make a plea for suggestions? Ellie's
always been nursed to sleep (we co-sleep), and I've finally started to
reach my limits on the every-hour-or-so wakenings at night. We've
started to follow the NCSS ideas, and things were going pretty well
with gently breaking her suction while she's still slightly awake, but
ever since she's gotten a top tooth to go along with her two bottom
ones, I'm having a heck of a time unlatching her without getting
scraped or chomped on. Ideas anyone? I'm back to letting her get
completely to sleep before slipping out, but that's not doing anything
to convince her that she can go to sleep without nursing.

Thanks for listening, and it's nice to finally "officially" meet the
other 8 monthers out there!

Kerry

Old November 10th 03, 01:59 PM
Belphoebe

Kerry D wrote:
Hi everyone -

Climbing out of the comfortable darkness of lurkdom to add to the 8
month tally.

Yay!

I just want to say that I LOVE the support of this
group, even from the sidelines. I recently told a nearly-due friend
of mine that there'd be no way we'd still be nursing at 8 months if it
wasn't for the group - so thanks!

I'm glad this group has been helpful to you--I've also found it to be a
great support source.

Ellie turned 8 months a week ago, and it's more been more amazing than
I ever thought. We have a crawling monster who shrieks at the top of
her lungs and sticks out her tongue when she's happy, which is luckily
most of the time.

Heh. DS has been very much into shrieking this week--and smiling while
sticking out his tongue. At the moment, he's knawing on a plastic clothes
hanger.

Thanks for listening, and it's nice to finally "officially" meet the
other 8 monthers out there!

I'm glad to "meet" you, too--it's nice to hear from folks whose babies are
the same age.

--
Belphoebe