Hypothetically speaking and stuff

Old October 26th 04, 01:12 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Unadulterated Me wrote:

*Adelaide, Arabella, Georgette, Freya, Fleur, Jemima, Lucinda, Lucianna,
*Matilda, Poppy, Saffron, Tamasin (not Tamsin), Tansy, Willow

Adelaide makes me think of "Adelaide's Lament," and I'd expect her to have
a strong Brooklyn accent and permanent headcold, I'm afraid. Arabella is
pretty. Georgette is maybe TOO pretty. Freya sounds nice but if my
great-uncle Sid said it I'd think he was talking about an appliance used
to make french fries (there's that Brooklyn accent thing again). Fleur is
lovely, Jemima is out of the question due to the whole "aunt Jemima"
thing; Lucinda and Lucianna are lovely... Matilda not so much, only due to
the whole "waltzing Matilda" problem. Poppy and Saffron are ok; Tamasin
I'm not sure of. Tansy is a little too much for me. Willow - I wouldn't
use it, but I don't hate it. Um, did I just bust your whole list? Oh, no -
Arabella, Lucinda, Lucianna - they get my stamp of approval

I'm so screwed if this baby is a girl. We have huge naming problems
here...

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

Old October 26th 04, 01:14 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Unadulterated Me wrote:

*I was thinking someone would make the waltzing Matilda connection first
*before the Dahl one though lol

Great minds think alike

Old October 26th 04, 01:16 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
H Schinske wrote:

* Poppy, Saffron, Tansy, Willow
*
*Pretty, but rather botanical. I sometimes hear Poppy as a nickname for father
*or grandfather.

Heh. My paternal grandfather was called "Poppy," (his wife being "Nana")
and I went through a smart-ass phase when I insisted on calling him
"Flower."

h.

Old October 26th 04, 01:17 PM
Hillary Israeli

In m8kfd.316479$3l3.292471@attbi_s03,
Emily wrote:

*One of my favorite books ever is _My Atonia_ by Willa Cather.
*(Hope I spelled that all right.)

Sorry. It's Antonia. I HATED that book! sorry again

Old October 26th 04, 01:52 PM
Mamma Mia

"elizabeth emerald" wrote in message

"Unadulterated Me" wrote in message
Can I have some feedback on these names, any make your stomach turn, any
you adore that sort of thing....connotations to them, no need to feed
back on every name just the ones you have strong thoughts on. Trying to
come up with some sort of short list for contemplation, not having much
luck.

Adelaide, Arabella, Georgette, Freya, Fleur, Jemima, Lucinda, Lucianna,
Matilda, Poppy, Saffron, Tamasin (not Tamsin), Tansy, Willow

And would it be too cheesy to give a baby girl born in May 'May' as a
second name?

Girls names we already have are...
Tessa Hannah
Paige Breanna
Grace Madeline
Rose Isabella
Amelia Kate
Lydia Elisabeth

Andrea no middle name

most of those names sound very pretty to me. but please give a middle
name.
i never had one & legally added one in as soon as possible. i couldn't
understand when i was at school why everyone else had one & i didn't.

btw, elizabeth is the middle name i chose & i was called that since high
school by friends & family. christine is my actual first name!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

"Old school don't mean I'm better, I'm just getting older" -- Bias B

um-ah! why would you not go by christine, it is LOVELY!!

interestingly, elizabeth is my 'confirmation' name...