Yellowish discharge??

Old September 15th 03, 12:55 AM
Jody Pellerin

Default Yellowish discharge??

I just started experiencing a yellowish... almost some what greenish some
what stretchy discharge. it wasn't much but I noticed it. My period is due
in less then a week and I'm wondering what this is. I'm really concerned
about it.

---

Old September 15th 03, 06:45 PM
Shannon

Talk to your doctor, sounds like an infection of some kind. I myself have
never had any infections there but it doesn't sound right.

Shannon

Old September 15th 03, 10:29 PM

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
I just started experiencing a yellowish... almost some what greenish some
what stretchy discharge. it wasn't much but I noticed it. My period is due
in less then a week and I'm wondering what this is. I'm really concerned
about it.

I routinely have this type of discharge near the end of my cycle. Since I
know that I get it and it clears up on its own, I don't take medication for
it. You have natural "flora and fauna" in the vagina and the balance
between bacteria and yeast can be a fragile one, so it may be a normal shift
in the balance soon to go away. However, Shannon was right, this could be a
sign of infection (any green or yellow mucus is a warning sign of infection,
whether its sinus or vaginal!). If you've never had this before or are
having any other symptoms (fever, itching, discomfort), check with your
doctor. Do not just take over-the-counter yeast infection medication,
because it could easily be a bacterial infection, so that medication could
make it worse.

Amy

Old September 16th 03, 04:30 AM
Kereru

I just started experiencing a yellowish... almost some what greenish

some
what stretchy discharge. it wasn't much but I noticed it. My period is

due
in less then a week and I'm wondering what this is. I'm really concerned
about it.

Probably nothing but it's easy to have a swab at the doctors to have it
checked. In rare cases an infection "down there" can do damage to you
reproductive organs.

Google: Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

.. I routinely have this type of discharge near the end of my cycle.
Since I
know that I get it and it clears up on its own, I don't take medication

for
it. You have natural "flora and fauna"

Geeze I'd be worried about fauna in the vagina!

Do not just take over-the-counter yeast infection medication,
because it could easily be a bacterial infection, so that medication could
make it worse.

I agree I have had many yeast infections over the years and the acompanying
discharge was always white. I had some yellowish during pregnany (late
pregnancy) and tested clear but I'd check it out if it were me.

Judy