new law allows alimony to be raised when child support ends!!! California

Old October 1st 07, 03:53 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default new law allows alimony to be raised when child support ends!!! California

Well, should've known they just don't know where to stop. In
California a new bill has passed that will allow the ending of child
support to be considered a "change in circumstance" for the purpose of
requesting an increase in alimony. It means that once child support
ends, the custodial parent receiving alimony can request more in the
way of "alimony" to cover their "increased" expenses...$%T$^%$^ I
guess since they couldn't get people to agree to up the age of child
support, they had to find another way around it...

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/...chaptered.html

Old October 1st 07, 04:24 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Unbelievable. That bill is irrefutable proof that CS is just hidden
alimony otherwise there would be no basis for it.

Old October 1st 07, 04:45 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Oct 1, 12:24 am, wrote:
Unbelievable. That bill is irrefutable proof that CS is just hidden
alimony otherwise there would be no basis for it.

Exactly...disgusting. I sure hope the idiot who signed it gets
divorced and
ends up having to deal with the lovely bill he signed...idiot!

Old October 2nd 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"whatamess" wrote in

Exactly...disgusting. I sure hope the idiot who signed it gets
divorced and
ends up having to deal with the lovely bill he signed...idiot!

As long as you allow government agencies to run your personal business,
Idiots will always have control over you!

Old October 3rd 07, 03:01 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Henry" wrote in

I wish they just lump it all together and call it lifestyle support.

In America, you are guaranteed a lifestyle by the government if you produce
babies!

Old October 3rd 07, 03:12 PM posted to alt.child-support
Henry

"DB" wrote in
et:

"Henry" wrote in

I wish they just lump it all together and call it lifestyle support.

In America, you are guaranteed a lifestyle by the government if you
produce babies!

Another problem is in family law you never get a rest. What I mean is, at
least you could expect some sort of financial relief when the child turned
18/19. And you could PLAN for it. But, this is another thing to stress dad
out... "wow... in another few years I'll be free... wait... and yet another
trial and more support... ahhhhhh".

Apparantly the people that make family law "laws" want to inflict as much
stress and aggrivation on dad as possible. It truly is brutal.

Old October 3rd 07, 05:37 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Oct 3, 11:12 am, Henry wrote:
"DB" wrote .net:

"Henry" wrote in

I wish they just lump it all together and call it lifestyle support.

In America, you are guaranteed a lifestyle by the government if you
produce babies!

Another problem is in family law you never get a rest. What I mean is, at
least you could expect some sort of financial relief when the child turned
18/19. And you could PLAN for it. But, this is another thing to stress dad
out... "wow... in another few years I'll be free... wait... and yet another
trial and more support... ahhhhhh".

Apparantly the people that make family law "laws" want to inflict as much
stress and aggrivation on dad as possible. It truly is brutal.

I agree 100%...I joke with my husband because he didn't see anything
wrong with most of this until the crazy ex took him to court and
completely
messed up OUR lives...We joke that I could get myself some other guy,
divorce him, he could pay me child support and alimony and then
we could get back to living together without having to worry about the
crazy ex continuing to increase his payments...It's just appalling!

Old October 4th 07, 04:27 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"whatamess" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 3, 11:12 am, Henry wrote:
[...]

Actually, you would get your slice of the pie from what is left after he
pays his crazy ex. It would, undoubtedly, be far, far less than he pays
her.

Old October 4th 07, 08:22 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"whatamess" wrote in

I agree 100%...I joke with my husband because he didn't see anything
wrong with most of this until the crazy ex took him to court and
completely
messed up OUR lives...

Sad that the reality of this system will not effect most people until it's
to late.
Millions of lives are ruined on a daily basis because this is allowed to
continue without question.

Most think it's a grand idea to collect money for the children until they
are handed a bill for a quarter of their take home pay. For people living
from check to check, this is unacceptable!