gripe of the day

Old June 30th 04, 03:29 AM

Default gripe of the day

"Lisa" wrote in message
. ..

"V" wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
You sound more like a predator hunting for prey.

Yea, that's Kate alright, zeroing in for the kill...cuz it's a terrible

thing
to make sure someone is a potential romantic partner.

Geesh.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Then she'd really flip out if she knew I have ran background checks....
Never can be too careful!

LOL.. Not at all. With the access to information my brother has, no fella
has a chance at all of hiding anything.

Lisa

Heh...he must be a cop.

Old July 2nd 04, 10:13 PM
denanson

"V" wrote in message

one that too... checked the sex offender's website.

that's the first thing I check.

Hey especially if you have kids.

They only notify here within 1500 feet. I need to know more than that.

Talk about paranoia. Are you guys for real?

Dennis

Old July 2nd 04, 11:44 PM
Joelle

one that too... checked the sex offender's website.

that's the first thing I check.

Hey especially if you have kids

Talk about paranoia. Are you guys for real?

Yea and what else is for real is that single women with children are the number
one target for pediphiles. Their children are vulnerable. You can call it
paranoid if you want.

Old July 4th 04, 12:42 PM
denanson

"'Kate" wrote in message

Dennis@Large .ie

"V" wrote in message

one that too... checked the sex offender's website.

that's the first thing I check.

Hey especially if you have kids.

They only notify here within 1500 feet. I need to know more than that.

Talk about paranoia. Are you guys for real?

Would you run a check on a childminder or nanny?

Never have yet. Dozens of sitters and a few childminders over the years all
drawn from the local community by me asking them, never them asking me.

Dennis

Old July 4th 04, 12:53 PM
denanson

"Joelle" wrote in message

Talk about paranoia. Are you guys for real?

Yea and what else is for real is that single women with children are the

number
one target for pediphiles. Their children are vulnerable.

I agree that vunerable children will be the target for peadophiles, I
disagree that single parents will be the number one target.
Overseas destinations like the far east and more recently Gambia are the
first targets. Second will be the institutinalised children like orphanages
and hospitalised children. Then come the places where children can be found
and touched easily like swimming and sports clubs--- possibly ice dancing
clubs too. Schools, churches and scouts groups would all come before lone
parents on the vulnerability scale.

You can call it
paranoid if you want.

OK then, I'll call it paranoid.

Dennis

Old July 4th 04, 02:18 PM
Joelle

s, I
disagree that single parents will be the number one target.

Well you can disagree, and maybe things are different for you but in the US,
single mothers are significant target. More children are molested by their
mothers' boyfriends than by strangers at swimming pools. That's a fact, and
your agreement or disagreement doesn't change it.

OK then, I'll call it paranoid.

You go right ahead. Doesn't bother me a bit. Name calling doesn't have any
impact on what I do to keep my children safe.

Old July 4th 04, 09:39 PM
Cele

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 12:53:48 +0100, "denanson" Dennis@Large .ie
wrote:

"Joelle" wrote in message

Talk about paranoia. Are you guys for real?

Yea and what else is for real is that single women with children are the

number
one target for pediphiles. Their children are vulnerable.

I agree that vunerable children will be the target for peadophiles, I
disagree that single parents will be the number one target.
Overseas destinations like the far east and more recently Gambia are the
first targets. Second will be the institutinalised children like orphanages
and hospitalised children. Then come the places where children can be found
and touched easily like swimming and sports clubs--- possibly ice dancing
clubs too. Schools, churches and scouts groups would all come before lone
parents on the vulnerability scale.

The issue isn't whether children of single mothers are the top target.
It's whether they're a significant target. It's whether the children
are at risk and in need of protection.

http://www.sccgov.org/channel/0,4770...D12655,00.html
I draw your attention to the information under the heading 'Child
Sexual Predators'.

http://www.bbplaw.com/publications/frrdaj.htm
I draw your attention to C-1

http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/of...sarticles.html
I draw your attention to the section headed "keeping wolves at bay"

There's a great deal more out there. For further information, there's
an excellent book here, which I've read, and which is well researched
and fact based:
http://books.fantasticfiction.co.uk/...authorid=16827

You can call it
paranoid if you want.

OK then, I'll call it paranoid.

I wish I'd been a little more paranoid, and made sure my kid was
driven to and from school.

Cele
Old July 6th 04, 06:41 AM
Karen O'Mara

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message ...

OK then, I'll call it paranoid.

At some point, it comes down to trusting someone, really. There's a
lot more sex offenders that aren't registered in the world.

Everyday we trust a doctor to make decisions on our health, we trust
the neighbors where our kids are playing, we trust our heart when
forming relationships, we trust the coaches, the teachers, the
caregivers, the priests and every once in a while, someone slips
through and causes harm. But, you still have to trust people at the
bottom line all the time. It's a part of life (as in living).

heck, even the people we marry could end up being the axe murderer,
and have never murdered before... you know?

I think it's paranoid, too.

Karen

Gassy Baby? Wrangler 4x4 Breastfeeding 12 March 12th 04 05:54 PM
Gripe Water Kat Pregnancy 22 March 9th 04 12:28 AM
Gripe water :) zolw Pregnancy 9 January 17th 04 01:09 AM
My turn to gripe Karen Askey Breastfeeding 0 July 21st 03 01:42 AM