Todd Gastaldo

Old February 15th 04, 12:44 AM
Kereru

Default Todd Gastaldo

Hi there, I had my baby four months ago now and have been meaning to post
since then.

When I was pregnant and reading this group regularly I used to get sick of
the Todd Gastaldo posts which never seemed to make much sense and pretty
much said the same thing evey time.

Quite bizzarely when I was in labor beginging the pushing stage and not
getting anywhere, Todd's posts popped into my head (the last thing I would
have expected) I rolled onto my side like he suggests and pushed. Within
fifteen minutes in that position I pushed out with no drugs and only a minor
natural tear, a ten and a half pound baby. Once baby crowned he slid out in
two easy pushes.

So while I'm not saying "believe everything Todd says" one of his
suggestions did work for me!

Judy

Old February 16th 04, 05:56 AM
Amy

I have to agree. I chose to deliver side-lying while pushing (I had been
rocking on all fours to cope with the pain) with my best friend holding my
leg for me. The only injury I received was a small (but painful) scratch on
my labia caused by baby's fingernail as he came out, and unavoidable in any
position. I'll choose this position again if possible.
Though I think Todd must think women are stupid or have the memory of a
goldfish considering how often he repeats himself. It was new, and useful
information to me, it at least made the delivery easier on me (though
irrelevant to my son, he was stillborn). But how often do we need to hear
it?

I had a very painless delivery, just a light burning sensation, with no
tears or episiotomy

Old February 16th 04, 06:35 AM
Kereru

"Amy" wrote in message
I have to agree. I chose to deliver side-lying while pushing (I had been
rocking on all fours to cope with the pain) with my best friend holding my
leg for me. The only injury I received was a small (but painful) scratch

on
my labia caused by baby's fingernail as he came out, and unavoidable in

any
position. I'll choose this position again if possible.
Though I think Todd must think women are stupid or have the memory of a
goldfish considering how often he repeats himself. It was new, and useful
information to me, it at least made the delivery easier on me (though
irrelevant to my son, he was stillborn). But how often do we need to hear
it?

That really sucks about your son as I am sure you would agree. You have my
sympathy. At least as you say your delivery was made easier.

I agree Todd doesn't need to post all the time. I think unfortunately he
just gets himself the reputation of a nutter.

Judy

Old February 16th 04, 01:45 PM
Melissa Ann

I did not know anything about this stuff with my last baby and I ended up
with a c-section. If I had read a couple of his posts, the birth would have
been very different. Maybe he posts so often to try to reach all the
newbies even if they are just here for a day or two. I am sure many new
subscribers drop off after a day or two because of the high volume.

I tell you, if his annoyance had saved me from major abdominal surgery 15
months ago, I would be ever so grateful. Once you "get" his message it is
not like you are forced to read through all of the new messages. I think he
is performing a needed service.

Although, I did not like that he was knocking the Pink Kit for something
that is all the OBs fault in an earlier post. I actually bought the Pink
Kit and found it to be an excellent resource, albeit overpriced. They do
not fight the medical establishment, rather they educate women so they can
birth effectively regardless of the size and shape of their uterus, the size
of their baby and the lack of faith in women's bodies that the medical
establishment projects.

I also think that since he is a chiropractor, he should talk a little about
how chiropractic care can help fix or prevent a posterior or breech baby.
Most of the problems in "closing up the pelvis" comes when the baby is
malpositioned and a chiropractor can help fix a malposition. And many women
are forced into c-sections because their baby is breech because most
practitioners no longer deliver breeches vaginally even though it can be
done safely.

-Melissa Ann

Old February 16th 04, 05:24 PM
Welches

Melissa Ann wrote in message
[...]

But one of the problems with Todd (& similar) is that they post the same
message over and over agin, and you get "deadened to it". It's just one of
their bees in the bonnet and the message doesn't get across because they are
trying to pound it in and so it's ignored.
Personally I find the way he can link anything to his message quite funny.
He also has his uses-after 3/4 very long messages a day he inspired me to
find the killfile, which I now use for more offfensive "nutters".
Debbie

Old February 18th 04, 04:24 AM
Daye

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:56:49 +1300, "Amy"
wrote:

Though I think Todd must think women are stupid or have the memory of a
goldfish considering how often he repeats himself.

Because women become pregnant all the time and they join at different
times of their pregnancy, I think Todd is afraid that someone will
join and miss his message. So multiple posts make sure that
*everyone* knows. Yeah, he is annoying, but there is always killfile
or the delete key.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold