Oxytocin screaming

Old November 2nd 03, 11:03 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Oxytocin screaming

OXYTOCIN SCREAMING, see below...

First things first...

PREGNANT WOMEN: MDs are closing birth canals up to 30% by using semisitting
and dorsal delivery.

It's EASY to offer your baby the "extra" up to 30%. See below.

OXYTOCIN SCREAMING (Donna Young agrees with Cher Mikkola who says women
should be "screaming" about drugs in labor - Cher did not scream
specifically about oxytocin though, see below)...

Donna Young writes:

"Oxytocin/Pitocin...The mother gets a living child, in most instances, but
considerably weaker...early clamping and active management overtook natural
birth education and practice..."

Donna Young
Canadian Grandmother

OPEN LETTER (available for instant global access at:

Donna,

Regarding "oxytocin screaming"...

Some women scream/cry out in pain in labor when the birth canal is NOT
senselessly closed...

Some women scream FOR EPIDURALS or other pain relief...understandably.

Women scream MUCH LOUDER when MDs use OXYTOCIN (and CYTOTEC) to force uteri
to push VIOLENTLY against birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%...

SJ writes:

"The Pit drip was started at noon...I screamed so loud, I was hysterical and
terrified because I knew that this kind of pain was not normal and not one
told me anything about Pitocin."
http://pitocin.bizland.com/storyboar...2/00000023.htm

Wendy writes:

"nurse came in a[nd] stated I was going to receive some pitocin . .
..!!!!!What?!! I told them that my family had a history of fast labor -- it
fell on deaf ears. My husband looked at me and said, 'Why do you need that?'
I shrugged my shoulders. The drip started and the contractions IMMEDIATELY
went into overdrive with a blinding pain I cannot even describe. My son
skidded out in ONE AND A HALF HOURS. . .I had NO medication and no epidural.
They did an episiotomy with no local numbing medication! It was civil war
medicine! My son was as dusky blue as death itself and was carted off to the
ICU..."
http://pitocin.bizland.com/storyboar...2/00000021.htm

UNNECESSARY EPIDURALS...

Epidural drugs bring blessed relief - but WHY make a woman scream with
oxytocin with the birth canal senselessly closed up to 30%?!!!

Normandy writes of her request for pain medication...

"After the intial shock but not wanting to get a c-section. I gave the okay
for the Pitocin. They started the drip at 2 and then eventually increased it
to 4 the labor started to get so intense that against my birth plan I
started to request pain medication."
http://pitocin.bizland.com/storyboar...2/0000006e.htm

Nikki also writes of her request for pain medication...

"Once again the pitocin was started at 6:00 am. With nothing still happening
my doctor...decided to break my water at 1:00pm. Let me tell you the
contraction started then ! I was screaming. My mom was up there with me at
the time & heard words come out of my mouth that she has probably never
heard before!!! I yelled for drugs..An epidural was started at 2:00 pm."
http://pitocin.bizland.com/storyboar...2/00000069.htm

UNNECESSARY C-SECTIONS...

JUST THINK MDs are closing birth canals senselessly - CAUSING cephalopelvic
disproportion (and failure to progress) - then performing c-sections BEcause
of cephalopelvic disproportion (and failure to progress)!!!

MDs are also engaging in gruesome spinal manipulation at most births
(pushing with oxytocin/Cytotec/pulling with hands, forceps, vacuum) - with
birth canals senselessly closed! See PS2.

Incredibly, the chiro trade unions are silent and two of my fellow DCs
(Zaleski and Dubin) are censoring me!

Donna, as you propose that women should start screaming about oxytocin...

Don't forget: Women are ALREADY "oxytocin screaming" during the
birth-canal-closing obstetric crime which precedes the early cord clamping
crime you persistently protest.

Thanks BTW for your persistent early cord clamping protests. Your
oxytocin/fetal blood harvesting hypothesis is interesting: If I understand
you correctly, you are saying MDs are using oxytocin in part because they
"get more stem cells and more of
everything -- all suspensions in the blood."

Please advise if I've misunderstood.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Copied to: Various posters to the IS PITOCIN SAFE board
http://pitocin.bizland.com/storyboard1/ also via

PS1 Incidentally, Doris Haire, mentioned in the Cher Mikkola "screaming"
essay you quoted, helped to popularize semisitting (closing the birth canal)
as a "physiologic" position for birth.

See Doris Haire's (still published?) article, "The Cultural Warping of
Childbirth."

PS2 MDs are engaging in GRUESOME spinal manipulation of most babies' spines.

MDs are PUSHING gruesomely on tiny spines with oxytocin and Cytotec - with
birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%.

MDs also PULL gruesomely on tiny spines....

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal senselessly closed!

MDs: If you must push or pull - and sometimes you must - FIRST get the
woman off her butt/back - off her sacrum!

Some babies are DYING...

OBs are killing an estimated six babies per DAY
with vacuum-assisted spinal
manipulation alone - with birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%...

See USUAL MECHANISM (PS5) in my article, "Pregnant chiro patients: BIZARRE
chiro legislation - babies be damned..."
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-list/message/2135

PREGNANT WOMEN: It's EASY to allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up
to 30% - just roll onto your side as you push your baby out...

Ladies, PLEASE make sure you read the TWO WARNINGS in Lina's failed back
surgery...

I got quite angry when I read the following by Tracy H:

...The OB asked if he could use the vacuum on her and I said Yes. I don't

know what prompted me to say Yes to the vacuum but, I did. I just couldn't t
ake it anymore. I needed help getting her out. I remember laying there ,
thinking " God, OH DEAR GOD, Help me. Help me deliver this baby soon or I am
going to die." I could tell I was dieing. I saw black and lights. It was
strange. I couldn't hear anymore. My eyesight was bad and I was blacking
out. I kept thinking, this is it. I am going to die. My child is going to
die. "Don't let me die." I kept praying this in my head. I looked up at
Mary. She was crying. I looked at my OB. He kept telling me to push. I
couldn't push anymore. I was weak. I was dieing. I was losing the fight. My
OB told two nurses to get on the sides of me and to push down on my abdomen.
It hurt like hell and I was not breathing too good...
http://pitocin.bizland.com/storyboar...2/0000003b.htm

Tracy H got BOTH vacuum with birth canal closed AND the criminal Mauriceau
maneuver (pushing down on the abdomen - pushing just closes the birth canal
harder!)

Another terrible thing happened to Tracy H. Reader her story at the URL
just cited...

Of course most women seem to do OK...

Shannon W writes:

I had two pitocin induced pregnancies, my first and second children. They

went wonderful, I had no problems whatsoever, felt very little pain and my
babies were exceptionally healthy. Pitocin was administered at 6am, I had an
epidural at 7am and my first son was delivered 3.5 hours later. With my
second sone, Pitocin was given at 6am, epidural came a little later around
noon and I delivered at 1:10pm. My last baby was induced using cytotec. I
know there are huge debates w/this drug but I must have a body that
apparently responds very well to these drugs. My last labor took a little
longer, which I was told it would by using cytotec, it was non-eventful in
so much that I barely felt any labor pains. Again, an hour prior to actual
delivery I finally had an epidural. Everything went smoothly and my body
went back to as normal a state as it can get after a pregnancy. My biggest
realization in all this is that everyone is unique and we all respond
differently to meds. Hopefully, OB's will always remember that.
http://pitocin.bizland.com/storyboar...2/00000035.htm

Then again, just because MOM does fine with obstetric drugs and surgeries
does NOT mean BABY does fine.

It is good drugs and surgery are there for emergencies - but bad that they
are used with birth canals senselessly closed.

How very odd that birth trauma attorneys are not using the obvious fact that
MDs are senselessly closing birth canals. (If anyone knows of an attorney
using this info, please let me know: . )

Finally, Usenet readers, here is the URL for Cher Mikkola's "screaming"
essay...
http://www.gentlebirth.org/Midwife/screaming.html

Cher forgot to mention that MDs are senselessly closing birth canals...

Maybe Cher wrote her "screaming" essay before I talked to her...

NOTE... In addition to being instantly available for global access at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-list/message/2242 - this Open Letter to
Canadian Grandma Donna Young will also be available in the Google
archive within 24 hours by searching http://groups.google.com for "Oxytocin
screaming"

Screaming? Is she teething? Ali's Daddie General 2 December 22nd 03 07:45 PM
Help! newborn screaming, plus intro Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 32 November 2nd 03 09:47 PM
Screaming toddler Circe General 23 October 17th 03 06:26 PM
Screaming in the night (similar to crying in the night post) Sue General 1 August 4th 03 08:53 PM
EPIDURAL HORROR: Gruesome cascade to oxytocin, c-sections, forceps and 'generous' episiotomies... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 August 3rd 03 09:39 PM