feeling it already?

Old August 1st 05, 07:41 PM
Anonymama

Default feeling it already?

I'm 3 to 5 weeks pregnant, and I already feel a lump low in my pelvis
when I sit in certain positions. (It's not a lump I feel with my hand,
but a sensation that I have a tennis ball in me.) Can this really be
happening? With my first pregnancy I didn't even know I was pregnant
yet; I don't remember when I first started feeling _full_ there, but it
wasn't this early. I'm pregnant with quadruplets, aren't I...
Old August 1st 05, 09:52 PM
Mum of Two

"Anonymama" wrote in message
I'm 3 to 5 weeks pregnant, and I already feel a lump low in my pelvis
when I sit in certain positions. (It's not a lump I feel with my hand,
but a sensation that I have a tennis ball in me.) Can this really be
happening? With my first pregnancy I didn't even know I was pregnant
yet; I don't remember when I first started feeling _full_ there, but it
wasn't this early. I'm pregnant with quadruplets, aren't I...

Do you mean 3-5 weeks from LMP, or 3-5 weeks actual pregnant? When I was 3
weeks LMP my baby hadn't even implanted yet ;-)
I know early on - long before I showed - I found it uncomfortable to sit on
my motor scooter, so there was definitely a sense of something in there many
weeks before I felt kicks.
Statistically, it's very unlikely you're pregnant with quads unless you've
been undergoing IVF - and even then it's unlikely ;-) If it was twins or
triplets the a better indicator early on would be extreme morning sickness,
and a better indicator still would be an unusually high blood hCG or an
ultrasound.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old August 1st 05, 10:15 PM
Jamie Clark

The moment that conception occurs and the embryo implants and starts pumping
out HCG and your body starts pumping progesterone, your bowels and digestive
system slow down considerably. You digest your food slower, and your bowels
move slower, all to retain as much of the nutrient value of the food you are
eating, in order to help your body feed the pregnancy. Usually when people
show very quickly, or feel full in those first few weeks of the first
trimester, it isn't the baby or even the uterus, it's the bowels.

So, basically, you're full of ****. : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old August 1st 05, 10:23 PM
Anonymama

In article ,
"Mum of Two" wrote:

"Anonymama" wrote in message
I'm 3 to 5 weeks pregnant, and I already feel a lump low in my pelvis
when I sit in certain positions. (It's not a lump I feel with my hand,
but a sensation that I have a tennis ball in me.) Can this really be
happening? With my first pregnancy I didn't even know I was pregnant
yet; I don't remember when I first started feeling _full_ there, but it
wasn't this early. I'm pregnant with quadruplets, aren't I...

Do you mean 3-5 weeks from LMP, or 3-5 weeks actual pregnant? When I was 3
weeks LMP my baby hadn't even implanted yet ;-)

My LMP was June 22, and I believe I ovulated on July 14 or 15. I had a
positive home test, a negative test in the doctor's office, and then a
positive blood test last week showing I was -- I quote the physician's
assistant -- "three to five weeks pregnant." I go for my first real
appointment in a few weeks and I'll get it all straightened out then.

I know early on - long before I showed - I found it uncomfortable to sit on
my motor scooter, so there was definitely a sense of something in there many
weeks before I felt kicks.

Interesting -- so maybe it isn't just my imagination. Thanks.

Statistically, it's very unlikely you're pregnant with quads unless you've
been undergoing IVF - and even then it's unlikely ;-) If it was twins or
triplets the a better indicator early on would be extreme morning sickness,
and a better indicator still would be an unusually high blood hCG or an
ultrasound.

Quints. Sextuplets. Oh lord... Actually, I don't have morning sickness
at all, and the levels in the blood test were low. So it must just be
one freakisly large baby. That's the only possible answer.
Old August 1st 05, 10:24 PM
Anonymama

In article ,
"Jamie Clark" wrote:

The moment that conception occurs and the embryo implants and starts pumping
out HCG and your body starts pumping progesterone, your bowels and digestive
system slow down considerably. You digest your food slower, and your bowels
move slower, all to retain as much of the nutrient value of the food you are
eating, in order to help your body feed the pregnancy. Usually when people
show very quickly, or feel full in those first few weeks of the first
trimester, it isn't the baby or even the uterus, it's the bowels.

Ah! Maybe that's it. Thanks.

So, basically, you're full of ****. : )

Awww -- baby's first nickname!
Old August 1st 05, 10:34 PM
April & Bump

"Anonymama" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jamie Clark" wrote:

The moment that conception occurs and the embryo implants and starts
pumping
out HCG and your body starts pumping progesterone, your bowels and
digestive
system slow down considerably. You digest your food slower, and your
bowels
move slower, all to retain as much of the nutrient value of the food you
are
eating, in order to help your body feed the pregnancy. Usually when
people
show very quickly, or feel full in those first few weeks of the first
trimester, it isn't the baby or even the uterus, it's the bowels.

Ah! Maybe that's it. Thanks.

So, basically, you're full of ****. : )

Awww -- baby's first nickname!

Hi Anon

Welcome and goodluck on the pregnancy thing!!!!!!!! I was like you when I
first fell pregnant and thought I was 3 months as I was showing at 8 wks (as
told by scan) then I asked the scan woman why I was showing at 8 wks and I
could have sworn to have felt movement and just like Jamie said I was just
full of **** and wind. I am now 14 wks and am pretty confident that I am now
showing as all my friends are now commenting on the "bump" and I swear I
feel the odd flutter here and there but that could just be weired feeling
wind. What was funny was my hubby also swore he felt the baby kicking at 8
wks when infact all he was feeling and saying aww to was my farts. (laughing
as I type)

April and BabyStrongBow

I have been quit for 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 18 hours, 3 minutes and 55
seconds (51 days). I have saved £248.41 by not smoking 1,035 cigarettes. I
have saved 3 Days, 14 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date:
11/06/2005 04:30

Old August 1st 05, 10:35 PM
V.

"Anonymama" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mum of Two" wrote:

"Anonymama" wrote in message
[...]

Well, according to your LMP you are almost 6wks, but according to ovulation
you are 5wks, which fits better with your HCG results.
Here's a pregnancy date calculator so you can look at different scenarios:
http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/923526833.html

Even if you had multiple embryos, you wouldn't feel the size difference yet
(they're quite tiny). The size of the baby won't matter yet either. Fact
is, what you're likely feeling is bloating and constipation. Isn't it fun?

Welcome to the club!
Amy V.
EDD 11/25/05

Old August 1st 05, 11:16 PM
oregonchick

With my second pregnancy, I knew I was pregnant 4 days before my period was
due, way before I knew with my first one. I had a "fullness" feeling as
well. I think with the 2nd baby we are maybe just more aware...

Old August 2nd 05, 12:10 AM
Mum of Two

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
The moment that conception occurs and the embryo implants and starts
pumping out HCG and your body starts pumping progesterone, your bowels and
digestive system slow down considerably. You digest your food slower, and
your bowels move slower, all to retain as much of the nutrient value of
the food you are eating, in order to help your body feed the pregnancy.
Usually when people show very quickly, or feel full in those first few
weeks of the first trimester, it isn't the baby or even the uterus, it's
the bowels.

So, basically, you're full of ****. : )

LOL....
I _know_ I felt discomfort and a sense of pressure around where my cervix
would be when climbing on my scooter, but that was later, around 10-12
weeks.

Old August 2nd 05, 07:34 AM
julie MT

hi
I know how you feel!! I myself am of 7weeks along and already it
knows daddy, the smell of foods, and how to make me sick and go running
to the restroom. I hope that the sickness stops soon I can't take much
more. Oh back to subject, At only two months I'm showing and you can
tell what side of me the baby is on!!! Just think what both you and me
are going to look like by christmas. But just stay with it, it slowly
gets better. I've gone from being sick all day every day to being sick
only in the morning and late at night and even that's getting better.

Best of Luck
Julie mom-to-be

Feeling Disconnected Crystal Dreamer Pregnancy 20 May 3rd 05 06:26 PM
Feeling fetal movement medgirl Pregnancy 17 October 19th 04 06:56 AM
Not feeling "full" Kathy Breastfeeding 5 March 3rd 04 07:47 PM
Weird feeling in chest Amy Pregnancy 10 February 17th 04 08:10 AM
Not feeling letdowns Cheryl S. Breastfeeding 4 November 12th 03 08:56 PM