I have a week off!

Old May 24th 05, 01:50 AM
Rick

Default I have a week off!

On Mon, 23 May 2005 15:32:48 GMT, 'Kate-
wrote:

I have a week off!

Not really. I still have a Tuesday evening class but until the first
week in June, I have nothing else. The kids' last day of school is
Thursday. My son graduates Friday. That gives us all three days
together! Big deal. heh. They'll spend it telling me where to take
them after they've watched TV until they're boared.

'Kate

Unplug the TV and have some fun with them.
Sincerely,

Rick Burt
Licensed Private Investigator
State of Texas
Lic. #A11952
Certified Paralegal

www.amortis.com
Old May 24th 05, 03:06 PM
IWM

"'Kate-" wrote ...

I have a week off!

Great!

so now you have time to ...

clear the garage...
clean up the yard...
tidy son's room
tidy daughters room
clean kitchen (including that cupboard under the sink you've been meaning to
do for months)...
wash the car
vac the car
wash the dog...
replace those tiles missing from the roof...
clean those windows you last washed in 1992...

Week Off Huh?... I *dont* think so...

Not really.

hey... backslidin already?

I still have a Tuesday evening class but until the first
week in June, I have nothing else.

ummm... see above...

The kids' last day of school is
Thursday. My son graduates Friday.

CONGRATS! to number 1 son...

That gives us all three days together!

ummmmm.... no..... you have *LOTS* to do

Big deal. heh. They'll spend it telling me where to take
them after they've watched TV until they're boared.

well.... s'long as you enjoy your hour off.....

IWM

Old May 24th 05, 03:34 PM
Cele

On Tue, 24 May 2005 14:06:40 GMT, "IWM" wrote:

[...]

Screw all that. Goof off. You deserve it. The windows will wait.

[warm smile]

Cele [who managed, at last, to sort one more of the boxes in the
living room this weekend....]
Old May 24th 05, 04:57 PM
Karen

'Kate- wrote:
Hey.. I did. It was great. Class tonight though and before I go, I
have to put dinner in the crock pot & clean up yesterday's day of
sloth.

Really, I like it this way (busy). I was thinking earlier of what it
will be like when the last of the children is on her own. I noticed
the quiet... then finished making breakfast. A frightening glimpse
into the future. I'm my own worst enemy sometimes. :-(

hey, night class for me, too. I'm busy and (gulp) back in school taking
Accounting 1A. DANG, it's hard! Plus, harder for me since I enrolled 3
weeks late and haven't had much of an academic math career (to say the
least).

Homework and night classes and working full-time during the day at the
same place in a student program will hopefully help me to be
permanently employable in the next year or so.

My daughter and I are going to the same community college... weird!

Karen

Old May 25th 05, 02:54 PM

"'Kate-" wrote in message
I have a week off!

Not really. I still have a Tuesday evening class but until the first
week in June, I have nothing else. The kids' last day of school is
Thursday. My son graduates Friday. That gives us all three days
together! Big deal. heh. They'll spend it telling me where to take
them after they've watched TV until they're boared.

'Kate

I usually need a vacation to get over the vacation.
Enjoy the kids and congrats to graduate.

Old May 25th 05, 02:55 PM

"Karen" wrote in message
ups.com...

'Kate- wrote:
[...]

Karen I am proud of you!

Old May 26th 05, 09:14 PM
Karen

V wrote:
Karen I am proud of you!

tanks! I wish I could say I did it by choice, but it was the only way I
could remain employed at the organization that I work for right now. I
want to stay here.

I realize that making big decisions in life shouldn't be made from fear
or guilt or all of that negative stuff, but I did. Although, waaayyyy
out of my comfort zone, it should open up more job ops, and I have to
work. I had to step into this new area of admin/accounting.

It's weird getting older. Nobody's supposed to discriminate because of
age, but they do. Gotta keep competitive.

Karen

Old May 27th 05, 03:45 AM

"Karen" wrote in message
ups.com...

V wrote:
Karen I am proud of you!

tanks! I wish I could say I did it by choice, but it was the only way I
could remain employed at the organization that I work for right now. I
want to stay here.

I realize that making big decisions in life shouldn't be made from fear
or guilt or all of that negative stuff, but I did. Although, waaayyyy
out of my comfort zone, it should open up more job ops, and I have to
work. I had to step into this new area of admin/accounting.

It's weird getting older. Nobody's supposed to discriminate because of
age, but they do. Gotta keep competitive.

Karen

I know it is a must to stay on top of the game and people who are older have
more sense....lol....we should be marketable for the fact that we have been
around longer.
::doing the staying on top of the game dance::

Old May 28th 05, 04:59 AM
CME

"Karen" wrote in message
ups.com...

'Kate- wrote:
[...]

I think that's awesome. Good job Mom.

Christine

Old May 28th 05, 06:29 AM
Cele

On Sat, 28 May 2005 03:26:50 GMT, 'Kate-
wrote:

On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:54:49 GMT, "V" the
following was posted in blue crayon:
I usually need a vacation to get over the vacation.
Enjoy the kids and congrats to graduate.

You know.. there's no celebration in this household without a little
drama. My darling 15 year old. Need I say more? Love her but I could
have done without it today.

It is my conviction that fifteen year old girls were put on the
planet for the sole purpose of showing us that the empty nest syndrome
is the best thing that can happen to us.

Hang in there. Thank the deity of your choice that she's your
youngest.

:-)

Cele