starting over, ONCE AGAIN and child support...

Old April 16th 08, 03:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
don_1228

Default starting over, ONCE AGAIN and child support...

I think you're pretty well covered, particularly with the additional
cautions Bob suggested.

When I was in a similar situation I moved pretty much all to cash. Of
course that creates more difficulties these days but I felt it was
worth the inconvenience.

Ideally your husband would cash his check at the issuing bank that way
all he needs is ID not an account. Alternatively he could maintain a
nominal amount in a bank account, deposit his check and then withdraw
the funds as soon as it clears. That of course does put a single check
at risk. (Not that you suggested this, but) I would not have him
endorse the check to you and then have you deposit in your account.
That kind of co-mingling is just begging for a judge to over-reach.

BTW, my own personal life-destruction began when I was 46. At 49 all
assets were transferred to her or her lawyers, she had a total of 9
lawyers from 4 different law firms during those three years. In the 11
years since, despite on going litigation, I have become not only
financially stable but should be able to be financially independent in
another 5 years or so.

It is frustrating but you can recover and rebuild even though it often
doesn't seem that way at the time.

Don
Old April 16th 08, 03:43 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini[_2_]

"don_1228" wrote
I would not have him
endorse the check to you and then have you deposit in your account.
That kind of co-mingling is just begging for a judge to over-reach.

BTW, my own personal life-destruction began when I was 46. At 49 all
assets were transferred to her or her lawyers, she had a total of 9
lawyers from 4 different law firms during those three years. In the 11
years since, despite on going litigation, I have become not only
financially stable but should be able to be financially independent in
another 5 years or so.

It is frustrating but you can recover and rebuild even though it often
doesn't seem that way at the time.

Don

====
Good point about "co-mingling." I was concerned about that as well. And,
time does go by quickly. We have been "recovered" for several years now and
it seems like yesterday we were in the throes of it.

Old April 19th 08, 12:40 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Apr 16, 9:43*am, "Gini" wrote:
[...]

I like the idea...maybe we just need to stop his direct deposit and
have him just
cash his check...I'll have him check into doing that instead...

Thanks again!
Old April 19th 08, 09:49 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty[_2_]

"whatamess" wrote in message
On Apr 16, 9:43 am, "Gini" wrote:
[...]

-------------------------------
If you do, cash the checks at the bank they're drawn from - so there isn't a
trail to trace back to your accounts.

Old April 19th 08, 08:38 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_4_]

"Dusty" wrote in

I like the idea...maybe we just need to stop his direct deposit and
have him just
cash his check...I'll have him check into doing that instead...

Thanks again!
-------------------------------
If you do, cash the checks at the bank they're drawn from - so there isn't
a trail to trace back to your accounts.

You can cash checks at Wal-mart, not sure the service fee!

If any bank charges $100 service fees, close the account.

Any new bank accounts opened are reported to the federal government under
the excuse of terrorism.
You can't hide bank accounts!

Old April 19th 08, 11:43 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty[_2_]

"DB" wrote in message
. ..

"Dusty" wrote in

I like the idea...maybe we just need to stop his direct deposit and
have him just
cash his check...I'll have him check into doing that instead...

Thanks again!
-------------------------------
If you do, cash the checks at the bank they're drawn from - so there
isn't a trail to trace back to your accounts.

You can cash checks at Wal-mart, not sure the service fee!

If any bank charges $100 service fees, close the account.

Any new bank accounts opened are reported to the federal government under
the excuse of terrorism.
You can't hide bank accounts!

Open an "Interest Free" savings account that doesn't require a minimum
deposit beyond $50 nor requires an SSN - and there's nothing to report.
I've done it several times. Works like a charm.