MS - Man Sentenced (to 10 years) for Not Paying Child Support

Old May 4th 08, 11:25 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty[_2_]

Default MS - Man Sentenced (to 10 years) for Not Paying Child Support

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=8259679&nav=2CSf

Man Sentenced for Not Paying Child Support

A deadbeat dad is prosecuted for failing to pay nearly $70,000 in back child
support.
Dennis Kern, 51, of Kosciusko was sentenced to 10 years in prison with two
years to serve and eight suspended. He was also sentenced to supervised
probation and ordered to make restitution.
Kern must pay over $68,000 in back child support. He will have to start
paying the owed payments 60 days after he is released.
--------------------------------
What we aren't being told speaks volumes.
What is, er, was, this man's line of work prior to being sent to jail?
How much did he make a week? Was it full time/steady work or something else
(contracting, seasonal)?
What had he been ordered to pay in CS prior to the judge sending this guy up
the river? Was it based on real dollar amounts or was it imputed on what he
"could" pay? What was he actually able to pay?
Was he employed, self-employed or a temp? If he wasn't employed full time,
had he gone to the court before in an attempt to have the CS amount lowered
to something he could pay?

For me, these are just some of the questions that sprang to life right away.
There are others, but they require far more then the snippet of information
we have here to even contemplate them.

I've gotten so used to seeing "stories" like this, that they usually just
make me turn away from them in disgust. Perhaps that's what "stories" like
this one are designed to do? They offer little, if any, hard factual
information, yet leave everything up to the reader to sort out or concoct an
ending all on their own.

If the above is what passes for "journalism" or "news".. I think I'm gonna
be sick.

Old May 5th 08, 02:27 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_4_]

"Dusty" wrote in

If the above is what passes for "journalism" or "news".. I think I'm
gonna be sick.

It's another advertising stunt by the AG!
http://www.wcbi.com/article.php?suba...&id=1209681352

Old May 5th 08, 09:13 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty[_2_]

"DB" wrote in message

"Dusty" wrote in

If the above is what passes for "journalism" or "news".. I think I'm
gonna be sick.

It's another advertising stunt by the AG!
http://www.wcbi.com/article.php?suba...&id=1209681352

I'm wondering just how much of that $68K is actual CS and how much are state
fees, penalties and interest? MS isn't known as a "rich" state, loaded with
upper middle class and above people. I wonder how much this guy really made
a week and how much his pay was imputed by the state?

Unless this guy had more money then Midas, I'd bet he's a regular Joe,
earning a regular wage, that didn't have the cash to throw at an expensive
attorney to defend himself from the state's Federally funded CS Enforcement
juggernaught.. So the state decides to make an example of him.

Goliath beats up David, film at 11.

Old May 6th 08, 04:18 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_4_]

"Dusty" wrote in

Unless this guy had more money then Midas, I'd bet he's a regular Joe,
earning a regular wage, that didn't have the cash to throw at an expensive
attorney to defend himself from the state's Federally funded CS
Enforcement juggernaught.. So the state decides to make an example of
him.

Sounds like one of those cases where they take CS back to date of birth
whichcan start you at $40,000.
My account is at $65,000 now and growing, I don't earn much else I would
have taken care of this a long time ago.