Pregnant? Howard the MD is funny!

Old February 12th 05, 08:42 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Pregnant? Howard the MD is funny!

PREGNANT?

HOWARD THE MD IS FUNNY! (IN A SORDID SORT OF WAY)...

Howard McCollister, MD trivializes the fact that OBs are closing birth
canals up to 30%.

Ladies: To allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%, simply
roll onto your side - but beware - some OBs will let you "try" alternative
delivery positions but will move you back to semisitting or dorsal (close
your birth canal up to 30%) for the actual delivery.

WARNING: If your baby gets stuck, it is routine for OBs to KEEP the birth
canal closed the "extra" up to 30%.

See The Four OB Lies below.

wrote in message

Hi,
I have to make a presentation to my boss and
it's nerve-racking. I'd like to have a few shorts to
calm my nerves - is ther any drink that would not make
my breath smell, considering I'll be in a small room
for about an hour. Someone said vodka and coke, but
I'm not sure about that,
thanks,
Jen

Howard McCollister, MD replied:
"About 5-8% of the alcohol you consume is eliminated in your breath. This
has
a very characteristic odor (acetic acid) and is completely independant of
what the flavoring of the original drink smelled like. Take enough alcohol
to "feel relaxed" and you can be certain your boss will know."
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...8c67416d81e663

I always thought acetic acid was the stuff in vinegar.

According to one measuring device manufacturer, alcohol molecules are
breathed out and then the measuring device oxidizes the alcohol to acetic
acid, as in,

Electronic measuring devices have been developed to measure breath alcohol
concentration using a fuel cell gas sensor that is specific to alcohol
molecules. The fuel cell sensor has two platinum electrodes with a porous
acid-electrolyte material sandwiched between them. As exhaled air flows past
one side of the fuel cell, the platinum oxidizes any alcohol molecules in
the air to produce acetic acid, protons and electrons.
http://quickmedical.com/breathalyzer/alcoscan_tech.html

Howard also wrote:

"In the unlikely even this post is not a troll, I'd say that you have a
serious alcohol problem and you should strongly consider a treatment program
and AA."

Interesting.

Howard concluded:

"If it's not a troll, it's one of the stupidest posts I've seen here
in a while (bearing in mind that I have people like Todd Gastaldo
killfiled)."

LOL!

When Robert A. Fink, MD wrote: "The incidence of cerebral palsy has
decreased markedly associated with episiotomies...

Howard McCollister, MD replied oh-so-intelligently:

"That is my understanding too, although I am not an OB-GYN either. I deliver
babies, but only by C-section...Personally, I think the high episiotomy rate
is due to MD'S CLOSING THE
BIRTH CANAL BY UP TO 30%..."
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...?output=gplain

Howard trivializes the fact that OB-GYNs routinely close birth canals up to
30% and routinely KEEP birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when babies
get stuck.

Sigh.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS THE FOUR OB LIES

OB LIE #1. After MASSIVE change in the AP pelvic outlet diameter was
clinically demonstrated in 1911 and radiographically demonstrated in 1957,
the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that pelvic
diamaters DON'T CHANGE at delivery.

OB LIE #2. After Ohlsen pointed out in 1973 that pelvic diameters DO
change - the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that
their most frequent delivery position - dorsal - widens the outlet.

OB LIE #3. After I pointed out in 1992 that dorsal CLOSES - and so does
semisitting - the authors of Williams Obstetrics - put the correct
biomechanics in their 1993 edition - but kept in their text (in the same
paragraph!) - the dorsal widens bald lie that first called my attention to
their text...

OB LIE #4. OBs are actually KEEPING birth canals closed when babies get
stuck - and claiming they are doing everything to allow the birth canal open
maximally. (ACOG Shoulder Dystocia video - also forceps and vacuum births
are performed with the mother in lithotomy.)

See Make birth better: Dan Rather, before you leave CBS...

I noted some of the OB lies in an Open Letter to the FTC years ago...
http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/part2ftc.html

ETHICAL VIOLATION

MDs are violating AMA's Principles of Medical Ethics, failing to strive to
expose the OB fraud and deception, as in,

"[AMA physician[s] shall...strive to expose those physicians...who engage in
fraud or deception."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...seek changes in those requirements which are
contrary to the best interests of the patient."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...make relevant information available to patients,
colleagues, and the public..."
http://www.psych.org/psych_pract/eth...nions53101.cfm

Instead of behaving ethically and striving to expose the fraud and
deception, Howard McCollister, MD trivializes it...

Sigh.

Old February 14th 05, 10:11 AM
John Que

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
.net...
PREGNANT?

HOWARD THE MD IS FUNNY! (IN A SORDID SORT OF WAY)...

Howard McCollister, MD trivializes the fact that OBs are closing birth
canals up to 30%.

snip
snip
Howard McCollister, MD replied:
"About 5-8% of the alcohol you consume is eliminated in your breath. This
has
a very characteristic odor (acetic acid) and is completely independant of
what the flavoring of the original drink smelled like. Take enough alcohol
to "feel relaxed" and you can be certain your boss will know."
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...8c67416d81e663

I always thought acetic acid was the stuff in vinegar.

I believe the odor is both acetaldehyde/ethanal and ethanol
and not acetic acid/ethanoic acid.

snip

Howard also wrote:

"In the unlikely even this post is not a troll, I'd say that you have a
serious alcohol problem and you should strongly consider a treatment

program
and AA."

Interesting.

Howard concluded:

"If it's not a troll, it's one of the stupidest posts I've seen here
in a while (bearing in mind that I have people like Todd Gastaldo
killfiled)."

LOL!

But has he ever tried to disprove your view?

When Robert A. Fink, MD wrote: "The incidence of cerebral palsy has
decreased markedly associated with episiotomies...

Howard McCollister, MD replied oh-so-intelligently:

"That is my understanding too, although I am not an OB-GYN either. I

deliver
babies, but only by C-section...Personally, I think the high episiotomy

rate
is due to MD'S CLOSING THE
BIRTH CANAL BY UP TO 30%..."

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...?output=gplain

Well at least he is not jerking the neonates out of the mother with
steel hardware.....forceps.
100% C-section? Yipes. Watch out women a.
sharp blade is coming.

Sigh.

Todd

snip