Really scared, drank alcohol while pregnant

Old February 10th 05, 06:54 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Really scared, drank alcohol while pregnant

"Alice" wrote in message
om...
Scared!!!

I found out I was pregnant relatively early, on the 22nd day after
conception.

What really worries me is that I had three drinking episodes. I had
the 4 glasses of wine on the 14th day of pregnancy, 4 glasses on the
17th, and another three glasses on the 18th. In all three instances I
consumed those drinks while dinning. No more Alcohol after I found
out.

Could anybody give me some advice as to what the worst case scenario
for my baby would be?. I've deeply regretted having those drinking
episodes, but my real worry is that I read on the Internet that as
even one or two drinks a day could result in significant structural
damage.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

Worst case? Fetal alcohol syndrome... Birth defects...

Interesting PubMed abstract title...

BMJ. 2004 Aug 14;329(7462):368.

French wine makers face legal action over birth defects.

Burgermeister J.

How LIKELY are birth defects after a few wine drinking "episodes"? I don't
know.

How likely is fetal alcohol syndrome after a few wine drinking "episodes"?
Again, I don't know.

I'm not recommending wine drinking during pregnancy but...

My recollection is that the mother of my eldest children enjoyed a few
glasses of wine now and then during both pregnancies - and the children
seemed to turn out fine.

BTW, congratulations on your pregnancy.

If only the medical priests would worry as much about closing birth canals
up to 30% and keeping birth canals closed when babies get stuck as they do
about fetal alcohol syndrome...

Todd

Old February 10th 05, 01:47 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Todd Gastaldo wrote:

How LIKELY are birth defects after a few wine drinking "episodes"? I don't
know.

How likely is fetal alcohol syndrome after a few wine drinking "episodes"?
Again, I don't know.

Vanishingly small odds in both cases.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old February 10th 05, 01:48 PM
Rivka W

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Todd Gastaldo wrote:

How LIKELY are birth defects after a few wine drinking "episodes"?
I don't know.

How likely is fetal alcohol syndrome after a few wine drinking
"episodes"? Again, I don't know.

Vanishingly small odds in both cases.

Agreed. But given that the original post was cross-posted to three
different abortion groups, including one in the notorious talk.
hierarchy, I would also be inclined to apply the phrase "vanishingly
small odds" to its legitimacy.

Rivka
Li'l Critter due 4/3/05

--
Visit my weblog at http://respectfulofotters.blogspot.com

Old February 10th 05, 03:55 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Rivka W wrote:

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

Todd Gastaldo wrote:

How LIKELY are birth defects after a few wine drinking "episodes"?
I don't know.

How likely is fetal alcohol syndrome after a few wine drinking
"episodes"? Again, I don't know.

Vanishingly small odds in both cases.

Agreed. But given that the original post was cross-posted to three
different abortion groups, including one in the notorious talk.
hierarchy, I would also be inclined to apply the phrase "vanishingly
small odds" to its legitimacy.

That would be why I trimmed the distribution list ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old February 13th 05, 11:04 PM
bRaTtY

Unadulterated Me wrote:
bookers wrote:

Different in NZ

...must...stop...laughing...before...I...wet...my. ..pants

Andrea

oh..... go.......... on...........

I know different parts of the country have different medical/maternity
care/standards under the DHB's...

But different grammar?

*snort*
Old February 13th 05, 11:05 PM
Unadulterated Me

Old February 13th 05, 11:08 PM
Unadulterated Me

bRaTtY wrote:

it goes along with the to and too thing...
people use the terms/words wrongly and it leaves them open to ridicule

I resemble that remark.
Although I am creative, I also use tooo just to confuse people.

Andrea

Old February 13th 05, 11:10 PM
bRaTtY

Unadulterated Me wrote:
bRaTtY wrote:

it goes along with the to and too thing...
people use the terms/words wrongly and it leaves them open to ridicule

I resemble that remark.
Although I am creative, I also use tooo just to confuse people.

Andrea

oh yeah
it's one of my 'pet peeves'

when someone posts "are you going to the beach to" type thing... I feel
like ripping open my computer screen, climbing in and giving them some
spare o's!!!

Sue - guilty of changing a word/not using it if she's not sure on the
correct grammar lol