Men have to unite, that's all there is to it.

Old December 1st 06, 05:27 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default Men have to unite, that's all there is to it.

In the 60's women realized that the answer to their problems was to
unite and fight together. They did just that. The fought, formed
organizations such as NOW, burned bra's, ect... Anything to get the
national attention and media spot light. It worked....and today men
are paying the price for doing nothing.

Legislators changed laws that helped women in enormous ways.

I read newsgroups like this, and I read the horror stories.

I work in the prison industry and I see hundreds of men in prison who
couldn't pay their child support.

I have watched men lose EVERYTHING, and for the courts to look at them
and not blink an eye.

Men are regarded as scum, in the courts eye. And I am only saying that
because it's the truth.

There is no fairness, no equality, no sympathy.

Who's fault is it?

It's ours.

What do we do about it?

We do the same thing the women do...minus the burning of bras. Men
have to get together, it has to be a national effort. Men have to get
the media spotlight and show the public the men who are trying to make
things work, who are trying to do the right things, and are just
getting plowed over by CS payments that are just TOTALLY unreasonable
and unfair.

Now, in my case, I might get lucky due to a few factors. I don't know
what is going to happen yet, but I know that I will just have to deal
with it and make do the best I know how.

But that doesn't that I overlook other men who are getting plowed over
by the court systems. It angers me to see men get treated like this.
No one can convince me that CS payments are made out to be fair.

Yes, I know what many are going to say. They are going to say, that
it's the parents duty to take care of the child. And I totally agree,
but the payments and the system are not fair and unreasonable. Far too
many things are ignored and the courts have become deaf and refuse to
listen to reasonable arguments.

I say this in all sincerity. Men have to do something. We don't have
much left now and how do we help take care of our children if the
courts are not allowing us to make a living to support ourselves too.

I don't know how to go about it, but I am going to do some research.
We can't have splinter groups and organizations, we need one massive
organization with the same goals and objectives. To change the laws,
to change how the court systems look at men, to hold commissioners and
judges accountable who cause so much hardship on men that they can't
make it and they go to prison.

Men, I have seen it. I have talked to men in the prisons who tear up
as they look at photographs of their children and tell me they
tried..but the system was just too much. I watch the men as they go to
visits, and get 45 minutes to hold their childs hand...and then get
lead away.

In Delaware, a woman is allowed to spend an entire weekend with her
child in the womens prison. They have special rooms just for this.
The state views the mother/child bond as being very important.
But what is their attitude towards men? We are nothing more than a
walking sperm bank and a walking pay-check. Men get 45 minutes, maybe
twice a week. If they are REALLY good, they may get 2 hours on a
weekend. WOW!!!

I am not sympathizing with inmates, I am just keeping it real. Yes, I
have seen the deadbeat dads too, and I have no respect for them what so
ever. I have seen the deadbeat moms too, but we don't really hear
about them now do we?

I suggest, that if we can find one national organization that can
represent men in all states that we band together, make donations, and
fight back.

If not....well, just read this newsgroup and you see what happens.

Old December 1st 06, 07:12 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dave

On 30 Nov 2006 21:27:04 -0800, wrote:

In the 60's women realized that the answer to their problems was to
unite and fight together. They did just that. The fought, formed
organizations such as NOW, burned bra's, ect... Anything to get the
national attention and media spot light. It worked....and today men
are paying the price for doing nothing.

Legislators changed laws that helped women in enormous ways.

I read newsgroups like this, and I read the horror stories.

I work in the prison industry and I see hundreds of men in prison who
couldn't pay their child support.

I have watched men lose EVERYTHING, and for the courts to look at them
and not blink an eye.

Men are regarded as scum, in the courts eye. And I am only saying that
because it's the truth.

There is no fairness, no equality, no sympathy.

This is my biggest problem with the system. My ex and I had a daughter
and I'm not consulted about what part I'm going to play in her life, I
was summoned by a PROSECUTOR and was SUED as if I had somehow wronged
the Ex. In every document out of that court since then, I'm the
"defendant". I've been treated as if I did someone wrong. I have never
tried to run away from my debt to my daughter.

[...]

Reasonable would be the bare minimum needed for survival. Thats what
the standard is for any married parents. Anything above that would be
the decision of the NCP. Just this simple change alone would be an
incentive to keep NCP's more involved since any goodies that the NCP
buys is less that the CP has to provide. The way the system is now,
the CP's take the money, anything they buy for the child appears to
come from them...why would they want us there? They have no incentive
to keep the NCP around or involved. A guy cut out of his kid's life in
every other way is a lot less likely to provide the extras, especially
if it all looks like the CP is providing it.

[...]

I'm no lawyer but it seems like somewhere the equal protection rule
should apply here.

I am not sympathizing with inmates, I am just keeping it real. Yes, I
have seen the deadbeat dads too, and I have no respect for them what so
ever. I have seen the deadbeat moms too, but we don't really hear
about them now do we?

I suggest, that if we can find one national organization that can
represent men in all states that we band together, make donations, and
fight back.

If not....well, just read this newsgroup and you see what happens.

This is a fantastic idea. Most states have some kind of fathers
organization in place. All it would take is for one from each state to
agree to become a local chapter of some national group. Once you had a
national group like that with a decent number of motivated members,
politicians might take some notice.
Old December 1st 06, 08:00 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dale

"Dave" wrote in

Once you had a
national group like that with a decent number of motivated members,
politicians might take some notice.

Politicians better take notice, we have mothers & fathers, borthers and
sisters, and many friends who witness their abuse of power.

Old December 1st 06, 06:33 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dale

wrote in

Men are regarded as scum, in the courts eye. And I am only saying that
because it's the truth.

And who is allowing our government to treat it's own citizens like scum?

You are right, we all allow it to happen, and we only have ourselves to
blame if we allow it to keep on happening. Shame on us for not taking any
action, the politicians do not dictate to us, they are there to serve us!

Any politician that uses CS issues as a grand stand for their political
career is a politician we don't need regardless if they are a DA, Sheriff,
Public Representative, or anyone that depends on votes to be elected. Until
there is a very large voice to tell our representatives to fix this abusive
system that makes poor men into felons and takes advantage of man's hard
earned income, things will continue on the same path and it will only get
worse if we don't stand up and challenge it.

Open season on NCP's has to come to an end, we have to educate the public
that this system is totally unacceptable by American Standards. Where else
in the world can you be imprisoned for not making enough money or having
your life savings raided by the government because little Johnny wants a
Play Station & stay at home mommy wants a new car?

Old December 1st 06, 08:13 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:33:21 GMT, "Dale"
wrote:

wrote in

[...]

Unfortunately, politicians do this all the time. The formula is
simple. Take some target group that is not a majority. Pass laws that
only apply to that group, then reap the votes. Since NCP's that owe
money ARE a minority in the general population, they make great
targets. The same thing has been done to smokers, drug dealers and
users, prostitutes, and ethnic groups. It's a sleazy trick that
creates laws that are often unfair by magnitudes to the behavior they
are trying to control (smoking, nonpayment of CS, etc.) And as long as
it produces results, the leeches will continue to use it.