Our Health

Old October 24th 08, 05:33 AM posted to misc.kids.health
a victim

Default Our Health

This message is quite long, but I feel that it should be read,
especially by seniors.
I am one of those seniors, the health care we receive in the system
today is outrageous. we are treated in such a way that it makes you feel
that you are just a number going through a production line. With having
the experience of the system of today, I wrote to our two senators, our
mayor, and the governor of our state over a year ago, and to this date I
have not had one single reply. I lost my wife three years ago due to the
treatment that she has received. I have mourned every single day since.
I feel the health care she received was a factor to her early passing.
As I mentioned above the message is long, but it should be read. At the
very end is message from a person who received the very same test as my
wife, if nothing else, just click that in. Every senior in this land of
ours should read this message.

Sincerely,

Vincent T Ciano

Click the Url to continue.

http://community.webtv.net/bd14me/messagetoforward

Old October 25th 08, 01:31 AM posted to misc.kids.health,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

"a victim" wrote in message

[...]

I don't get this isn't 7 times 12 more than 55?

from patriot post.com

AROUND THE NATION: HAWAII CANCELS 'KEIKI CARE'

Just seven months after its adoption with great fanfare, the state of Hawaii
pulled the plug on its program providing for universal child healthcare,
known as "Keiki Care" for the native Hawaiian word for "child." Governor
Linda Lingle made the decision as part of a fiscal re-evaluation to address
a looming $900-million revenue shortfall by 2011.

Intended to cover previously uninsured children with parents ineligible for
Medicaid, the public-private partnership between the state and the Hawaii
Medical Service Association had 2,000 enrollees when it was shelved. State
officials had anticipated about 3,500 children would eventually enroll in
the program (out of up to 16,000 estimated uninsured children in the state)
but were surprised to find many parents dropping their existing private
coverage they were paying for to enroll their children in the "free"
program.

HMSA, the private partner in Keiki Care to whom the decision came as
a "complete surprise," announced that they would continue paying for the
coverage through the end of the year. They also noted that they offer
private
insurance at $55 per month per child. While that's significantly more than
the
$7 co-pay for office visits under Keiki Care that parents had to come up
with
for office visits, the state was paying $25.50 per month per child---while
the cost was being supplemented by the HSMA, the rate was sure to rise as
more children enrolled in "free" healthcare.

Dropping Keiki Care may not seem like the child-friendly thing to do,
but given the examples set for government intrusion into healthcare on the
mainland, Hawaiian parents may have been saved big tax bills in the long
run.