Wanna kick The Blues?

Old March 10th 04, 08:19 AM
Kane

Default Wanna kick The Blues?

Isn't this the most beautiful lovable sweet face, like yours when you
were a child before you were ever spanked and you saw yourself in the
mirror.

I can't imagine hitting this little girl for anything in the world.
She deserves, and obviously gets, all the patience and love a parent
can give.

http://stophitting.org/

Now THAT is joy.

Kane
Old March 18th 04, 03:18 AM
Carlson LaVonne

Default The Joys of Childhood: was Wanna kick The Blues?

Kane,

I remember when my girls were little and the joy and delight on their
faces when running barefoot through summer grass, when eating ice cream,
when holding balloons. I also remember other children who lacked that
freedom, that carefree childhood joy, and that absolute spontaneously
delight in being alive that only children seem to be able to display.

These were the children who had been betrayed. Who had been hit. Who
had been hurt. These were the little children for whom life had become
heavy far too soon. I remember one of my only two foster girls who at 6
had been removed from her mother's care. Since I knew the child's
family very well, we were able to continue an extended family situation
when her mother was able to participate. This little girl was angry and
confused, and much of that wonderful childhood spontaneity was gone.
She spent the first couple of years being angry, tantruming, and saying
"Aren't you gonna hit me?"

Her mother died of AIDS many years ago and this little girl is now 21, a
junior in college and the most wonderful person you would ever want to
meet. And she vows never to hit her future children, or treat them the
way she was treated by her mother many years ago.

Foster parenting can and does work for children.

LaVonne

Kane wrote:

Isn't this the most beautiful lovable sweet face, like yours when you
were a child before you were ever spanked and you saw yourself in the
mirror.

I can't imagine hitting this little girl for anything in the world.
She deserves, and obviously gets, all the patience and love a parent
can give.

http://stophitting.org/

Now THAT is joy.

Kane

CD's.. .CD's... CD's... Trade /Purchase Rare Beatles...Moody Blues WD General 2 February 22nd 04 03:14 AM
first kick? Vicky Bilaniuk Pregnancy 6 February 21st 04 05:44 PM
Loved Baby Blues K.B. Breastfeeding 8 August 29th 03 02:33 AM
Maternity blues: OBs causing musculoskeletal pain in babies Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 August 24th 03 07:45 PM
Baby Blues - has someone mentioned this already? Shannon and Joe Breastfeeding 2 August 15th 03 12:32 AM