More about weight gain

Old July 3rd 04, 12:08 AM
Wendy

Default More about weight gain

I had my 20 week appt on Tuesday and I gained 9 lbs in a month, which
definitely raised the eyebrows of my OB! I hadn't gained any weight up
until this point so my total is 9 lbs but this is what happened in my
last pregnancy, too. I didn't gain any weight until about 16 weeks and
then I started packing it on like crazy. There is just something about
pregnancy that makes me want to eat all kinds of foods I wouldn't
normally eat that I KNOW will make me gain weight. (the wrong kind)
Suddenly I am eating cookies, ice cream, peanut butter toast, pasta, mac
n' cheese, waffles, fried chicken, cheese and crackers, pop tarts,
tacos, etc. These are foods I would not normally care if I ate or not
but while pregnant it's like I can't resist. I am looking for a way to
get through this pregnancy and not put on 50+ lbs like last time, not
only for cosmetic reasons but to keep myself from feeling miserable. I
go for daily walks but not doing enough exercise to keep up with my
eating. Food is just so darned GOOD right now it seems impossible not to
enjoy it.....SIGH.

Wendy
Mama to DS 7-11-03 and Baby Nov.

Old July 3rd 04, 01:42 AM
Leslie

Wendy,

Obviously I have no advice about not putting on weight, but you and I can be WW
buddies after it is all over. :-)

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old July 3rd 04, 02:25 AM
Wendy

Leslie, sounds like a great idea. I have always wanted to try WW because
it sounds like a really reasonable way to lose weight. Thanks!

Wendy

Old July 3rd 04, 04:25 AM
newfy.1

"Leslie" wrote in message
Wendy,

Obviously I have no advice about not putting on weight, but you and I can

be WW
buddies after it is all over. :-)

Ooooh, count me in! I'm due right before you and a ww veteran who plans to
rejoin asap after the baby.

JennP.

Old July 3rd 04, 07:58 PM
melizabeth

"Leslie" wrote in message
Wendy,

Obviously I have no advice about not putting on weight, but you and I can

be WW
buddies after it is all over. :-)

Add me to the WW buddy list, too

Wendy, it looks like you are eating a lot of carbs...for some reason, I
thought I read this is a normal body reaction when women get pregnant. It
is like the body is storing it for fuel. Of course, water retention may be
a huge issue as well.

Old July 3rd 04, 09:40 PM
Leslie

Wendy said:

Leslie, sounds like a great idea. I have always wanted to try WW because
it sounds like a really reasonable way to lose weight. Thanks!

I love it! I don't feel so bad about putting on weight right now because I
KNOW I can take it off again with WW.

Old July 3rd 04, 09:41 PM
Leslie

JennP said:

Ooooh, count me in! I'm due right before you and a ww veteran who plans to
rejoin asap after the baby.

Yay! It will be great to have some support. I had lost 57 lbs. before this
pregnancy and had about 43 to go to get to goal.

Old July 3rd 04, 09:42 PM
Leslie

M~Elizabeth said:

Add me to the WW buddy list, too

This is going to be fun!

Old July 4th 04, 02:20 AM
Zaz

Hey! I was on WW too before I got pregnant, and was 20 pounds to goal...

"Leslie" wrote in message
JennP said:

Ooooh, count me in! I'm due right before you and a ww veteran who plans

rejoin asap after the baby.

Yay! It will be great to have some support. I had lost 57 lbs. before

this
pregnancy and had about 43 to go to get to goal.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Heartbeat / Weight gain Stormlady Pregnancy 7 May 14th 04 04:01 PM
Weight Gain Question Mickee General 4 May 6th 04 10:02 PM
Question about weight gain kylee General 10 December 23rd 03 07:21 PM
Losing weight during first trimester.... Jill Pregnancy 55 December 10th 03 10:51 PM
Weight gain Kereru Pregnancy 8 July 29th 03 06:51 AM