Why do Quackwatch / Dental Shills Keep Lying about Amalgam Dangers????

Old July 24th 05, 10:04 PM
Ilena Rose

Default Why do Quackwatch / Dental Shills Keep Lying about Amalgam Dangers????

Probert wants to see what Dr. Haley said about the "mad cow" comment

Here is the first:

http://www.neurodiversity.com/haley_reply.html

neurodiversity.com
Statement in response to Petition to Defend the Dignity of Autistic
Citizens
by Boyd E. Haley
To Whom It May Concern:

The statement from the www.neurodiversity.com website that "We
abhor Dr. Haley's likening of autistic children to 'Mad Cows'"

First, I have never compared or likened autistic children to Mad Cows,
nor have I ever said a derogatory thing about any autistic person or
group. Autistics and families of autistics have my unwavering support
and sympathy. If someone has construed that I did so then they are
misinformed. I would immediately lean over backwards to apologize if I
did so. However, what I did point out was that using the term "Mad
Cow" garnered national attention to the problem of finding a single
afflicted cow. (It should be noted that "mad cows" suffer from chronic
wasting disease, do not eat or drink even when the resource is in
front of them. They are remarkably unaware of their surroundings, they
do not make aggressive action towards anything. Not at all like rabid
or mad dogs.) The point I was making is that our US government and our
press media was highly focused on an event (the single mad cow, no
human injury caused) while ignoring the plight of thousands of
autistic children and their parents. Myself, and no one I know of has
ever likened autistics to mad cows and the statement on the
neurodiversity website is inaccurate. The issue discussed at the
meeting where I presented was the high level of attention given to one
"mad cow" while our country's responsible government/medical agencies
denies and ignores the autism epidemic and uses descriptions of
illnesses that do not lend to the elimination of these diseases.
Remember, it was a group of parents of autistic children, not the
government agencies, that brought the autism epidemic to light.
Hopefully, those who take issue with my presentation regarding Mad Cow
comments will obtain the tape of my talk and listen to it themselves.
The entire talk was designed to obtain support of a large physician
group to recognize and work for the plight of families of children
with autistic spectrum disorders.

I know the "statistical trick" used by some epidemiologists of
dividing all of the autistic spectrum disorders into many different
"medical definitions" such as autism, ADHD, PDD, Aspergers, speech
disorder, etc. In my opinion, this trick of dividing the thimerosal
(ethylmercury) caused illnesses into several groups can be used to
keep the total number of any single group from reaching a high level
of statistical significance, allowing manipulation of the data to show
little effect of thimerosal from vaccines. Note that most of these
illnesses have a higher boy to girl ratio like autism, and have shown
a dramatic increase that correlates with the advent of the mandated
vaccine program that increased infant exposures to thimerosal like
autism. That is, they appear to have the same causality with different
resulting clinical effects or levels of neurological damage. It will
also be much more difficult for all children with autism spectrum
disorders to gain compensation if they are divided into different
medical categories. I am trying to eliminate use of this statistical
trick by calling attention to it, and placing all of those affected by
thimerosal toxicity under one general causation described by one name.

The nature of the event that lead to the use of the term "Mercury
Afflicted Disease of Children (M.A.D. Child Disease) was as follows. I
was listening to the speaker directly before me at the Doctor's for
Disaster Preparedness Conference. There were few, if any, parents of
autistic children present. The prior speaker, a veterinarian, spoke
about what efforts and expense the US government put into the finding
of one "Mad Cow" in the state of Washington. I found his talk
extremely interesting. I noticed also that the rest of the audience,
mostly physicians, where paying rapt attention — over one sick cow,
but admittedly a cow that had the capacity to do a lot of human and
economical damage. I also remembered the number of times I heard about
the "Mad Cow" problem on national TV — it was on nightly and yet,
during the past few years any mention of the autisim epidemic seemed
exceedingly rare, and this epidemic represented severe damage to many
thousands of afflicted children and their families. What is wrong with
our press and medical community that causes them to ignore the autism
spectrum disorder epidemic?

Therefore, when I was to speak I wanted to make a point. Calling a cow
a "Mad Cow" got immense national press attention and government
funding due to the image produced by the name, while mercury damaged
children and their parents have to fight to get any press coverage.
Stating that they had found a cow suffering from 'chronic wasting
disease' would not have attracted such media attention. I was also
aware that the responsible government agencies and committees for
national health problems, e.g. the FDA, IOM, CDC etc, initially fought
even the recognition that an epidemic was occurring. Now they have to
admit one exists but are trying to label it a "genetic disease", due
to neurodiversity perhaps. Sounds politically correct, but is
misleading and likely prevents many afflicted autistic children from
receiving medical treatment that may help restore some quality to
their lives. As much as any parent would not like the Mercury
Afflicted Disease of children to be used you can bet the CDC and FDA
would like it even less.

I did my best to stir up this audience of physicians with regards to
the autism issue, hoping that it would lead some of them to convince
the government and press media into recognition of the autism spectrum
disorder problem and to support the bills to ban thimerosal in
vaccines as was being presented to Congress. I pointed out the
division of autism spectrum disorders and stated that if we combined
and labeled these neurological diseases accurately based on causality
then Mercury Afflicted Disease of children (M.A.D. Child Disease)
would likely garner more national attention of this epidemiological
disaster. It is still my opinion that this is better than staying
quite, governed by a perceived political correctness, and allowing the
CDC and others divide, what is in my opinion, a set of
thimerosal/vaccine induced illnesses into many subgroups in an attempt
to hide the true cause. When the protection of American children's
health and safety, and the pursuit of happiness by families are at
stake, then I am one who will throw rocks if necessary to win and
insure this protection.

I also recognize that saying someone has an autistic or ADHD child
does not evoke much sympathy or understanding from those unaware or
unaffected by the autism epidemic. My approach to shock the physicians
by pointing out the affect of a NAME given to a disease worked as many
of these physicians spoke to me about this issue and many, including
Dr. Donald Miller, has taken on a role to bring this issue to public
recognition. Dr. Miller wrote his article accurately and did so to be
helpful to the autistic children and should not be held accountable
for the MAD Child reference. I am the responsible person for this and
if anyone was offended it was not my intention.

I pointed out in my speech that since the responsible government
agencies did not recognize the autism spectrum disorder epidemic, nor
the press, then many parents of autistic children were under the
impression that it was a "non-treatable genetic disease" and not a
"treatable toxicity" problem that could also potentially be eliminated
(like Acrodynia or Pink disease).

I knew before my talk that many physicians were successfully treating
autistic children. For example, the last DAN (Defeat Autism Now)
Conference had as its mantra "Autism, A Treatable Disease" and this
was based on the reports of many DAN physicians that treating autistic
children for mercury toxicity and the known biological effects of
mercury toxicity resulted in remarkable reversal of this disease in
many children. These developed treatments were done (1) without any
support from our government, including the National Institutes of
Health and (2) were done in defiance of the Institute of Medicine
(IOM) recommendation that thimerosal exposure not be considered a
possible cause of autism and that all research, clinical or
biological, regarding the thimerosal-autism hypothesis be stopped. In
my opinion, this represents repugnant policy since neither the IOM nor
the CDC could provide any other reasonable hypothesis for the autism
epidemic. The IOM totally discounted all of the research supporting
the thimerosal-autism hypothesis and only considered epidemiological
studies, mostly from foreign countries without our high autism rate,
to come to their conclusions. This is highly symptomatic of an
orchestrated bureaucratic cover up that results in further damage to
our children and our nation.

Finally, I know that parents of autistic-spectrum disorder children
would not like for their children to be called MAD. However, since
this, in my opinion, correctly describes the causal route as Mercury
Afflicted Disease of children, (autism spectrum disorders). I also
know that the bureaucrats at the IOM, FDA and CDC also are even more
disturbed by the MAD Child disease moniker as it directly calls
attention to the nature of the damage their agencies inflicted on
families of autistic children which, if they had been doing their
jobs, would not have happened and would not have continued after being
recognized. Instead, certain bureaucrats in these agencies worked hard
to cover up this "government agency induced disease".

I have been fighting the issue of iatrogenic mercury toxicity
delivered by dentists and physicians for many years and will continue
to do so. The USA is worth it. Calling me a MAD Scientist would rank
among the kindest things that I have been called by the supporters of
dental amalgams and thimerosal in vaccines. So I understand how those
who have not viewed my talk could be offended by the out of context
and inaccurate representations of what I have been given credit for
saying. I apologize to these individuals, but encourage them to review
my entire talk so they will understand there was never any likening of
autistic children to mad cows.