28.5 week OB visit

Old March 29th 05, 11:15 PM
CY

Default 28.5 week OB visit

Everything looks great. Baby is HEAD DOWN! Yay! His heartbeat was 141, I
am measuring at 32 weeks (hit a big growth spurt apparently!), and weight
gain is only 1.5lbs since last visit three weeks ago, making my total weight
gain 18.5lbs (I gained 35 with my DD but was on bedrest so not burning many
calories). Had my GTT and should get the results in a week or so. I'm not
stressing though.

Very good visit, other than I found out my doc requires continuous fetal
monitoring for a VBAC which is going to be restricting my movement during
labor, which means I am not going to the hospital until I feel I absolutely
have to (tough thing to call since our hospital is 45 minutes away,
minimum). Oh well...I guess it could be worse.

That's all for now folks...

Old March 30th 05, 01:05 AM

CY wrote:

Glad your visit was good!

Very good visit, other than I found out my doc requires continuous

fetal
monitoring for a VBAC which is going to be restricting my movement

during
labor, which means I am not going to the hospital until I feel I

absolutely
have to (tough thing to call since our hospital is 45 minutes away,
minimum). Oh well...I guess it could be worse.

You could always drive there, then hang out in the parking lot or
something until you feel like it's time to go in! Maybe there's a
Denny's nearby?

Amy

Old March 30th 05, 01:14 AM
Ericka Kammerer

CY wrote:

Very good visit, other than I found out my doc requires continuous fetal
monitoring for a VBAC which is going to be restricting my movement during
labor, which means I am not going to the hospital until I feel I absolutely
have to (tough thing to call since our hospital is 45 minutes away,
minimum). Oh well...I guess it could be worse.

You can always scope out a hotel nearby and go there and then
go to the hospital when you feel you *really* need it. I imagine
it sucks to make two transfers rather than one, but if you want to
hold out longer and not do the long drive in heavy labor, that might
be an option.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 30th 05, 07:10 AM
CY

Yes, though my DH isn't keen on this option, but he wants me to schedule a
c-section, so I think he feels the sooner he gets me to hospital the "safer"
it will be. I feel like the longer I can stay home the better my chances of
a VBAC. I hate the uncertainty of it...mothering is such a worrisome thing!

Old March 30th 05, 10:16 AM
Anne Rogers

Very good visit, other than I found out my doc requires continuous fetal
monitoring for a VBAC which is going to be restricting my movement during
labor, which means I am not going to the hospital until I feel I
absolutely
have to (tough thing to call since our hospital is 45 minutes away,
minimum). Oh well...I guess it could be worse.

is it worse having a further discussion about this? Isn't the only thing
that is different from a normal labour the increased risk of rupture? if
that is the case I would want to know how continuous monitoring is going to
help detect that happening (as far as I understand the first sign is usually
pain).

Good Luck

Anne

PS I wonder which of us will go first, we are due 2 days apart

Old March 30th 05, 07:49 PM

Much to my horror I found out they required fetal monitoring for my 2nd
dds birth. I had thought if if wasn't induction, they wouldn't need to
monitor. I had waited quite a while to go to the hospital, and by the
time I was there I was in hard labor and transition, so I COULDN'T sit
still for them to monitor the baby. They would keep hooking me up, but
I couldn't lay on the table during a contraction, and they were very
close together, so they didn't get to monitor at all really, and then
out popped the baby.

This time I have found out that my new doctors also require constant
fetal monitoring. I am a diabetic, so I always have to go with the
high risk doctors. Anyway, they can't make you do anything you don't
want to do. I will not fight this argument before the birth because
they could kick me out of their practice (and I have nowhere else to
go), but I am pondering bringing a doula with me to fight with them
about the monitoring for me when I am in labor. I know I cannot lay on
the table when I am having contractions without an epidural (and I
can't get an epidural due to low platelets), and I don't want to fight
with anyone when I am in labor again.

KC

Anemia and 25 week checkup... Jill Pregnancy 11 February 9th 04 01:47 PM
37 week update Em Pregnancy 5 September 11th 03 08:38 AM
Not looking like it's going to be this week..... Karen Pregnancy 6 September 9th 03 11:32 PM
35+ week ob/gyn appointment Elly Pregnancy 7 September 9th 03 11:14 PM
32 week update Linz Pregnancy 3 September 8th 03 04:38 AM