I'm home :)

Old July 10th 04, 07:33 PM
Sophie

Default I'm home :)

You all are so impatient, what would you do without my website to cheat?
Lol.

Yes, Nolan Andrew was born on Tuesday, July 6, at 8:39 am, weighing 6 lbs 12
oz (exactly the same weight as Charlotte - Sharon how did you get that spot
on? Lol).

Everything went well except the spinal taking *6* tries, but after that all
went well. It didn't even take as long as the Dr thought it would. Hardly
any scar tissue, no organs were adhered to my incision (unlike last time).
My Dr now thinks he has an answer to what happened last time, with the
spinal. He figures I must have some kind of curvature to my spine that will
never ever bother me in any way, except when it comes to administering a
spinal. Kinda good to have an answer to that, but more importantly I'm glad
this time I had an anesthesiologist who cared, and had the guts to call
another Dr in to try it (who got it on his first try). Also I asked
afterwards how everything looked. He said to put it this way, everything was
healthy enough that we could have another. So I'm glad (not that we will)
that everything will heal fine.

All of the staff was great - before, during, and after (well except 1
b*tchy nursery nurse who I did file a complaint about). Afterwards I did
not have the shakes and was not freezing, like every other time. I did have
the itching but not so bad that my face cracked and peeled.

I did have to have my catheter re-inserted. Not sure what happened that I
would feel like I had to go, but then I felt like I was holding it, it
wasn't coming out. So felt much better after they fixed that. I did have
my incision bleed at one end for some reason. Apparently it's normal but
has never happened to me before. Then when I had the staples removed
(yesterday) my incision was kind of open on the other end so I'm being held
together by *lots* of tape on one end - lol.

Today is my weepy day for no reason. I guess it's just hormones and lack of
sleep. My mom also left today.
Nolan has the Dr Wednesday, I go in 2 weeks, then at 6 weeks.

Nolan was just a name I liked. Dylan didn't care for it but eventually it
was like the only name left we both thought was okay. Andrew is just a
boy's name we both liked but it's too common/popular for us to use as a
first name, and it's the name of a childhood friend of Dylan's. Magnus was
my real #1 boy name choice but Dylan said it was too ethnic. The minute I
told a couple of English friends the choice, Nolan Sisters was what they
immediately said, and they even sang their hit song. I don't know it
though - lol.

Our girl name was Beatrice Faith. No reason for Beatrice, we both just
liked it (although I did try one more time for either Evelyn or Josephine -
no go). Faith was to match Charlotte's middle name of Grace.

Surprisingly L is the most into the baby. He goes over to him all the time,
looks at his feet, he doesn't pat N's head though, it's like he's juicing a
lemon (a squeezey twisting motion - lol). P just looks us at any time he
goes to do something like "is it okay to do this?". C is like yeah
whatever, another brother.

He looks just like L to us. His hair will rub off and come in blonde like
all the others. He already has blue eyes. Not one that looks like me

As for the website, I only just looked at it after reading your comments -
yes Dylan looks and is exhausted. He's been doing so much, everything
really. Between staying with me and doing all the night feeds, he's been
coming home, taking care of the other 3 cos my mom lets the kids run her
ragged. I'm sure he's ready to drop. The first photo of me and Nolan - I
actually feel SOOOOO much better than I look - lol. And in the pink and
green stripped shirt - non-maternity clothes! - leaving the hospital. The
guy with the really hairy arms was the pediatrician - lol.

I think that's all. If I forgot any questions or you have any, just ask and
I'll answer whenever I get the chance to get on here again.

Thanks for all the well wishes and the congrats

Sophie - mom to 4 :0

Old July 10th 04, 07:54 PM
cloud nine

What a great story, Sophie!!! I am so glad that everything turned out so
perfectly this time! Nolan is a great name and he is a beautiful baby!

Congratulations!

--
Sue & Benton, just turned 3 yrs. old!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

Old July 10th 04, 08:00 PM
Kelly

Welcome home Sophie and Nolan!
Thanks for updating us-you are like a MKP celebrity. I am glad things went
much better this time, except for the spinal. Ouch! You probably do have a
curvature in there and hopefully the one anesth. who got it documented where
it worked so if you ever need another spinal there is evidence of correct
placement location.

All your names are cool. Brian wants to name this one (if a boy) Magnus
after the cyclist-Magnus Backstedt. The guy is from Sweden, I think.

I can't remember how old all your kiddos are-I know ours are intertwined in
ages.

Again, congratulations and welcome home!

Kelly
Jake, Nathan, Chloe, and #4 due 2/05

Old July 10th 04, 08:02 PM
MCranEY05

Sophie!!!

Yay... so glad to see you post, sweetie

congratulations... Nolan is sooo cute. I think he looks like you, though.

Whew---I am glad things went well. The pictures of you and Dylan scared me.
LOL.. you both looked upset.

I have never heard of the Nolan Sisters---never.

I was so sure you were having a girl. How long is Nolan?

Congrats again.

jolinda
Old July 10th 04, 08:10 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Sophie wrote:

You all are so impatient, what would you do without my website to cheat?
Lol.

We'd all spontaneously combust with impatience ;-)

Yes, Nolan Andrew was born on Tuesday, July 6, at 8:39 am, weighing 6 lbs 12
oz (exactly the same weight as Charlotte - Sharon how did you get that spot
on? Lol).

Congratulations!

Everything went well except the spinal taking *6* tries,

faint...clunk

but after that all went well.

Thank goodness!

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old July 10th 04, 08:43 PM
Kim E.

Congratulations! Nolan Andrew is a really cute name!

-kim
Old July 10th 04, 08:48 PM
Kara H

"Sophie" wrote

Thanks for all the well wishes and the congrats

Congrats, Sophie! I am so glad that this birth was much more pleasant for
you. Your family is truly gorgeous. You are very blessed.

Now rest up and come back when you are all caught up on sleep (well I guess
that might mean you will never come back- so check in if/when you find the
time!).

-Kara.

Old July 10th 04, 09:04 PM
ChocolateTruffles

Congratulations, Sophie!

Welcome to the world, little Nolan! :-)

(See. I waited for you. ;-) )

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Old July 10th 04, 09:32 PM
Sue

Hi Sophie,

I'm glad things went much better this time. Nolan is such a sweetie. I like
his name. Congratulations!! )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old July 10th 04, 09:35 PM
Donna

"Sophie" wrote in message
You all are so impatient, what would you do without my website to cheat?
Lol.

Yes, Nolan Andrew was born on Tuesday, July 6, at 8:39 am, weighing 6 lbs

12
oz (exactly the same weight as Charlotte - Sharon how did you get that

spot
on? Lol).

Oh, Sophie, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!

Donna

Sad story Plissken Pregnancy 181 July 20th 04 12:14 AM
CPS wrkrs may NOT enter home w/o search warrant Fern5827 General 0 July 8th 04 06:12 PM
Review: Home on the Range (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 March 31st 04 04:40 PM
N.J. Child Agency Saw No Trouble at Home Kane General 2 February 7th 04 07:56 AM
'Horrible' Home Kane General 1 July 16th 03 02:29 AM