Are chiropractors physicians?

Old September 2nd 03, 11:18 PM
David

Default Are chiropractors physicians?

The difference is that you lie.
"Howard McCollister" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I once saw a heart attack treated with Chiro. Worked too.

Yeah. I once saw pigs fly, too.

HMc

Old September 2nd 03, 11:43 PM
Gymmie Bob

I guess you haven't read the site you quoted have you?

As I said before "Jeff obviously speaks through ignorance"

Best of luck with your opinions.

"Jeff" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
link.net...

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in message
. He has obviously never needed

the
services of a Chiropractic Doctor and makes statements about their
education
not being based on science. This is just pure ignorance and wishful
thinking.

Thanks for the kind comments Gymmie Bob. Try reading he
http://www.chirobase.org/. One doesn't need to have a bad back to

realize
that chiropractors are quacks.

Jeff

Hahahaha! too funny. GB pointed out that Jeff has no experience and so

his
opinion is worth little. Jeff comes back and makes that clear, and then

goes
on to try to trash Chiropractic anyway. Jeff, et

al,
contrary to your wishes, much of life can only be known by EXPERIENCE,

get
over it.

Funny, how you can say that I have no experience, but you have yet to show
how anything in Chirobase inaccurate or able to provide anything beyond
anecdote to back up your point. Please provide good evidence that
chiropractors are not quacks.

Jeff

Old September 2nd 03, 11:49 PM
Jeff

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in message
I guess you haven't read the site you quoted have you?

Of course, I have. I take this to mean that you cannot show that anything on
the site is incorrect. http://www.chirobase.org/02Research/parents.html

As I said before "Jeff obviously speaks through ignorance"

Why? Because I disagree with you.

Best of luck with your opinions.

Thanks.

Unless you have somethng positive to add to this thread (e.g., real evidence
that chiropractic works or evidence that chiropractors should be called
physicians), I will not be participating in this thread anymore.

Ultimately, it is up to the readers of this forum to decide what to believe.
A debate where one says you're wrong, and the other says you're wrong is not
going to help anyone.

Jeff

Old September 3rd 03, 12:14 AM
David

Go to a few, make up your own mind, armed with real life experience.
"Jeff" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
link.net...

"Jeff" wrote in message

Jeff obviously speaks through ignorance. He has obviously never

Old September 3rd 03, 12:14 AM
David

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in message
I guess you haven't read the site you quoted have you?

Of course, I have. I take this to mean that you cannot show that anything

on
the site is incorrect. http://www.chirobase.org/02Research/parents.html

As I said before "Jeff obviously speaks through ignorance"

Why? Because I disagree with you.

Best of luck with your opinions.

Thanks.

Unless you have somethng positive to add to this thread (e.g., real

evidence
that chiropractic works

Go to a Chiropractor fer crying out loud! You will get all the "real"
evedence that you need. Unless you are one of those people who avoids
realityand prefers to read about thing. Carry on..........

Old September 3rd 03, 03:35 AM
Jeff

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in message
The site is a joke and requires very little for people more than moron

level
of intelligence to see it is just somebody spouting off, fear mongering
with no actual comparisons of data to prove anything.

Take a claim and show where it is incorrect.
http://www.chirobase.org/02Research/parents.html

The site disproves it's own main intent. It makes chiropractors look like
Gods when the provided statistics are compared to other professions,
especially the chem/cut pushers.

I think you are taking your preconcieved notions about chiropractic and
conventional medicine and projecting them to this page. Again, please show
us how the claims are inacurrate.

Very poor attack on Chiropractic. Other professions have much more to
attack. You might troll that angle.

And can you provide the stats that show that chiropractic works? I mean real
stats from respectable journals?

Can you please compare reliable stats for prevention of illness to "Chem/cut
pushers"?

For example,

Measles - down nearly 100%
Rubella and rubella related birth defects - down nearly 100%
Smallpox - down 100%

Or treatment of illness?

Cancer mortality - down about 50%, 70-75% for kids with cancer
Diabetes life expectancy with "Chem/cut pusher" medicine - decades, Without
"Chem/cut pusher" medicine -- two years
I don't have the statistics for emergency care, but the treatment of heart
attacks, strokes, car crash and bullet victims, etc., is greatly improved.

Gee, which would you want? Proven medicine (what you call "Chem/cut" or
unproven treatments (chiropractor, naturopath, etc.)?

Jeff
(...)

Old September 3rd 03, 04:14 AM
David

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in message
[...]

I guess you came up short on nerve huh? What ARE you afraid of? Go met some
Chiropractors. Talk with them, Get adjusted a few times and stop you
incessant whining for "stats"

[...]

Even a half wit would understand that when you have a bullet wound, you
would not go to a Chiro. Conversely when you have sciatica, go to a
Chiropractor. If you have chronic constipation, {common} go to a Naturopath.
Etc. Each has several things that they treat well, and, have areas where
they cannot effectively help.
Are you really so simple as to not understand that?

Old September 3rd 03, 04:15 AM
David Wright

In article ,
Gymmie Bob wrote:
I guess you haven't read the site you quoted have you?

As I said before "Jeff obviously speaks through ignorance"

Jeff, you should bear in mind that if there's anyone here who has
first-hand experience with being ignorant, it's Gymmie Boob.

And, since this thread is cross-posted to misc.health.alternative,
where first-hand experience rules, that's even more significant.

Old September 3rd 03, 04:21 AM
David

Davie Wrong needs some attention folks, lets all comment on his post so he
can feel loved.
"David Wright" wrote in message
m...

Old September 5th 03, 12:28 AM
Gymmie Bob

To refer to chiropractic in this country as placebo is just an act of total
ignorance. It is a proven, accepted technology based on scientific methods
and statistically proven itself many times more thanc vaccines have.

"Sean" wrote in message
om...
"Howard McCollister" wrote in message

"giselle" wrote in message
Mein wrote:

Used to? They ARE. Your mind is going backwards.

There is no need to be insulting. After you've
gone through approximately 100 m of paperwork
wherein neurologists and sports physicians send
their injured patients to chiropractors, you might
see things a little differently, too. I would not have
believed it myself until I saw it. I didn't say that
chiropractors accomplished anything. I just said that
they provide a service. Some people find value in it.

\

Many physcians send some patients to chiropracters, including me.

However,
it's been my experience that this is done, not because the chiropracters
have specific medical treatments that are more effective, but because
chiropracters are generally less constrained by scientific honesty. They

can
do a great song and dance for the patient and really make it believable.

The
resultant placebo effect is significant and can "cure" many patients

that
haven't responded to allopathic diagnosis and treatment primarily

because
their symptoms are either entirely psychological, or psychologically
augmented symptoms of real physical complaints.

HMc

Howie,

Too bad you can't bottle that "resultant placebo effect", call it a
MEDICATION,(perhaps PLACEBORIN) make a million dollars selling it in
pharmacies around the world and "curing" everyone eh?

Sean