Video game consoles

Old November 24th 08, 01:07 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka

Default Video game consoles

Sue wrote:

We have Dreamcast and they don't play it. I like the Nintendo games, but it
seems the Wii is the one with the most games the girls will play. We don't
like the games that are so violent like the ones PS has, but it seems like
the nintindo is winning. I really was thinking of Nintendo 64, but it
doesn't look like there are any games available for it. Thanks for all the
information.

The older systems that aren't being manufactured
anymore are not going to get any priority for new game
development, so the selection of games is going to be
necessarily limited. If your highest priority is a good
selection of games your girls will play, and your girls
don't like the "typical" games, the Wii is probably the
hands down winner.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 24th 08, 02:14 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

"Sue" wrote in message
"Kat" wrote in message news:8V4Wk.4193
I like DreamCast. That's the current one that's hooked up to the TV
I tend to go back and forth between DreamCast and N64. On occasion, I
will go for the Super Nintendo
I don't care much for Xbox and the like games, although we have those
kicking around... IIRC, the Playstations are all up in my bedroom
closet - 3 of them and I think I saw an Xbox down in the basement in the
laundry room lol
My long ago ex said something about maybe he'd get DS a Wii for
Christmas. I think that the GameCube is a good one for being not too
ancient and still having a good variety of child/family friendly games.

We have Dreamcast and they don't play it. I like the Nintendo games, but
it seems the Wii is the one with the most games the girls will play. We
don't like the games that are so violent like the ones PS has, but it
seems like the nintindo is winning. I really was thinking of Nintendo 64,
but it doesn't look like there are any games available for it. Thanks for
all the information.

It's all about preference.
Very generally speaking, Nintendo offers more games geared to the younger
crowd with very few violence... There's the whole Mario bit, tons of Disney.
Xbox is geared more towards the older crowd - lots more 'violent' games like
shooting games and role playing games. Playstation seems to be somewhere in
the middle with a variety of the non voilent and violent games. I do think
that for a new system with games still being made and readily available,
Nintendo seems to offer the best consoles that stick with games suitable for
all ages with very little voilent games, so to speak.

--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 24th 08, 05:07 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:52:39 -0500, "Sue"
wrote:

[...]

We got the N64 off ebay and have found that ebay is about the only
resource for games, as well. My dd doesn't play it any longer now
that we have the Wii.

Nan
Old December 3rd 08, 06:29 PM
TopNotchDad TopNotchDad is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
wrote:

[...]

I'm a big Nintendo fan. The systems (Super Nintendo, N64, Gamecube, DS, Wii, etc.) all have games that are fun for the whole family. If you want more information about the systems (Nintendo or anything else), ExpoTV has some great video reviews. You can check them out at: http://youcastcorp.com/rd/rd.php?u=http://expotv.com. Hope this helps!