Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old June 4th 04, 04:06 PM
Holger Dansk

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:34:41 GMT, "Fletch F. Fletch"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 03:45:22 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:33:07 -0700, "Circe"
wrote:

Um, are you suggesting that Greek was the first language to have
vowels in it?

I'm not suggesting it but saying that it was.

Holger
-------------------
You need a course in linguistics - written vowels were merely written
first by the Indians and Greeks, and before that written language was
merely a form of consonantal shorthand for speech. It doesn't mean
people didn't SAY the vowels!!!
Steve

Eureka!!!!!!!!!!!! There you go!!!!!!!!!! The Greeks were the first
to put the vowels in the alphabet!!!!! You finally got it!!!!!!!

Yet another tread-worn forensic device: declare victory while being
slaughtered.

But did you finally get the idea that the conclusions you were drawing were
based on a complete misunderstanding of this whole subject?

I understand the subject. Just as I said in my post of 6/2, a copy of
which is below :

I'm not claiming anything. I'm stating the fact that the Greeks were
the first people to put vowels in language. Prior to that time, it was
all consonants in all languages. With vowels, they could make more
words and do more thinking. (We think with words.) This gave them an
advantage over other civilizations.

This meant, of course, that they put them in their alphabet because
that's what their language was written with.

Slainte,
Fletch

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old June 4th 04, 04:33 PM
Holger Dansk

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:41:44 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 02:29:45 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:
Holger Dansk wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:38:45 -0400, Bob LeChevalier

Reading and writing were invented by whites and Asians.

Really? Got any names?

Guess those people in Upper Egypt weren't reading and writing.

South of the Sahara they were running around chasing wildebeest, etc.

What do you think they were doing in Northern Europe in 3000 BC?

Well, in about 2560 BC, north of the Sahara, (We were talking about
Africa, not northern Europe.)

You were talking about "whites and Asians". I want to know what you
think all the rest of the whites and Asians were doing while the Copts
(who were mixed race and possibly black, but were certainly NOT
"Caucasian" or "Aryan" or "Indo-European" which are common alternative
names for "whites") were doing their thing.

Well, they certainly were not playing with dung beetles and chasing
wildebeest.

"Aegean Culture

FOR many centuries the name of Greece has been surrounded with a halo of
glory. When we look back upon the Greeks of the fourth and fifth
centuries before Christ, we find ourselves facing a people equaling the
civilized nations of today in intellectual keenness and power. The
earlier nations of Babylon and Egypt we regard as having been still in
the childhood of the human race; but these Greeks were men.

Spiritually, they did not reach to our modern standards of life and
ethics; but artistically and intellectually they were our equals.
Sculptors and architects today still study and imitate the surviving
Grecian works of art. Our ablest thinkers look back with admiration to
the arguments of Socrates and the philosophy of Aristotle. Moreover, it
was these Greeks who first of all the world seem to have evolved
republican principles. They first saw how to protect the masses of men
in their freedom from the tyranny of the powerful few.

Government "by the people," which is the theory and the glory of our own
state, was first evolved and safeguarded and made sure in the little
"city states" of ancient Greece. Hence the study of these Grecian
people, of what they did and how they learned to do it, has always been
one of the most fascinating chapters in the story of the past.

The last twenty years have greatly enlarged our knowledge, and almost
wholly changed our views, of the early story of the Greeks. When Grote
and Curtius wrote the great nineteenth-century histories of Greece, it
was deliberately proposed to count Greek history as beginning with the
first clearly dated Olympic games in 776 B.C.; everything before that
was to be rejected as purely legendary. But today the researches of
recent excavators, the studies of modern scientists, have revealed to us
such a mass of facts and of suggestions as enables us to reconstruct
quite clearly the Greece of fifteen hundred years before Christ and even
to catch glimpses of a far earlier period. The historian who formerly
began with Sparta and with Athens as the first mighty cities of Greece,
now pushes these aside as belonging to the closing period of Greek life,
and opens his account with the names of the cities of Knossus, Argos,
and Mycenae.

Knossus, so far as we yet know, was the earliest seat of Grecian
civilization. This ancient city stood not on the mainland of Greece, but
on the largest of the Grecian islands, Crete, whose people have so
recently been rescued fro.. Turkey and reunited with the kingdom of
their own race. At Knossus excavations of the last few years reveal that
there was a city of rich and splendid civilization at least as far back
as 2500 B.C. Beyond that we can trace remnants of the earlier
generations slowly developing from barbarism during many centuries.
Twelve thousand years ago the site of Knossus was already inhabited by a
race of fishermen who were what scientists call autochthonous, that is,
we have no evidence of their coming from any other place; they seem to
have grown up with the soil. They were of the aboriginal race which was
spread over the whole Aegean region.

These earliest traceable people of the Aegean islands were a short
dark-skinned folk, who continued, though with some admixture of other
races, to be the chief stock of the Greeks whom we meet in historic
times. These Aegean seem to have progressed toward civilization in Crete
more rapidly than else-where; probably because in those days every man
was the enemy of every other outside his immediate tribal circle, and
the Cretans were sheltered by the ocean from the invasion of other
races. Gradually in their peaceful homes they learned seamanship; they
established trade relations with the earlier Egyptian dynasties; and by
2500 B.C. they had become a mighty people under a king whose name has
been preserved to us by later Greek legend, as Minos."

http://www.publicbookshelf.com/publi...eancu_bda.html

Wow!!!! It says, "artistically and intellectually they (the ancient
Greeks) were our equals."

lojbab

Old June 4th 04, 04:35 PM
Holger Dansk

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:43:14 -0400, Bob LeChevalier

Bob LeChevalier wrote:
Holger Dansk wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:38:45 -0400, Bob LeChevalier

Reading and writing were invented by whites and Asians.

Really? Got any names?

Guess those people in Upper Egypt weren't reading and writing.

South of the Sahara they were running around chasing wildebeest, etc.

What do you think they were doing in Northern Europe in 3000 BC?

Applying their superior IQ: logistical planning for winter,
e.g., storing food, firewood...
firewood, building

The answer is that they were running around chasing X, where X was the
indigneous animal species of the area. In other words, exactly what
the blacks were doing.

Where were they doing this? Who was doing it? You real sure there was
anyone in that location 3,000 years ago?

Old June 4th 04, 04:47 PM
Karl

wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:38:45 -0400, Bob LeChevalier

Reading and writing were invented by whites and Asians.

Really? Got any names?

Guess those people in Upper Egypt weren't reading and writing.

South of the Sahara they were running around chasing wildebeest, etc.

What do you think they were doing in Northern Europe in 3000 BC?

Well, in about 2560 BC, north of the Sahara, (We were talking about
Africa, not northern Europe.)

You were talking about "whites and Asians". I want to know what you
think all the rest of the whites and Asians were doing while the Copts
(who were mixed race and possibly black, but were certainly NOT
"Caucasian" or "Aryan" or "Indo-European" which are common alternative
names for "whites") were doing their thing.

Well, they certainly were not playing with dung beetles and chasing
wildebeest.

You're right. Here in Northern Europe they were playing with stag
beetles and running away from bears.

Until the Romans brought civilisation, thousands of years later.

Old June 4th 04, 07:53 PM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
You were talking about "whites and Asians". I want to know what you
think all the rest of the whites and Asians were doing while the Copts
(who were mixed race and possibly black, but were certainly NOT
"Caucasian" or "Aryan" or "Indo-European" which are common alternative
names for "whites") were doing their thing.

Well, they certainly were not playing with dung beetles and chasing
wildebeest.

Nah. They were playing with mosquitoes and chasing aurochs.

Wow!!!! It says, "artistically and intellectually they (the ancient
Greeks) were our equals."

Duh.

So were the ancient Hindus, and the ancient Chinese, and perhaps
others who did not record their insights.

lojbab
--
lojbab
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
Old June 4th 04, 08:06 PM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
Where were they doing this? Who was doing it? You real sure there was
anyone in that location 3,000 years ago?

Yes.

Northern Europe prehistory goes back as far as 8000 years:
http://www.comp-archaeology.org/Cent...Chronology.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/me/ij/britishBA.html#chr
is a chronology of prehistoric Britain going back almost 5000 years.

lojbab
Old June 4th 04, 08:08 PM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
There were some Nubians scattered around, and a lot of different tribes,
but the pharaohs were Copts.

You mission, should you decide to accept it, is to prove that the
pharaohs were "white".

This racist will self-destruct in five seconds.

lojbab