Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old June 2nd 04, 04:14 AM
R. Steve Walz

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Mon, 31 May 2004 23:24:48 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
Your ancestors were definitely black

We have no idea what color anyone's ancestors were.

Yes we do. Black people in America have relatives who are descendants
in Africa of the relatives of the black people in America at the time
they were captured by black savages in Africa.

That sentence makes no sense. But how do you know what color their
ancestors were? And how do you know what color their ancestors'
ancestors were?

I was there. :-)
-----------------

You're a lying piece of ****, *I* was there, and I DIDN'T SEE YOU!

And I see not in my blindness
What the objects were I wrought,
But as God rules o'er our bickerings
It was through His will I fought.

So forever in the future,
Shall I battle as of yore,
Dying to be born a fighter,
But to die again, once more.

:-)

Holger
http://www.mind****.com/~holger1/holger1.htm

--------------------------
Okay, "Patton".
And I knew this was Patton even without searching.

Now all you need is a mind to call your own.

The thing about this poem by Patton, is that somebody with
the least intelligence might have asked why we have to
waste our time life after life like that, in futility
and ignorant pride. There are much better things to do
and glory in.
Steve
Old June 2nd 04, 04:23 AM
R. Steve Walz

Jasper PNL Mfg Co, LTD wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
Why? You're allowed to talk. Why not him?

Slainte,
Fletch

-----------------
Simple. He's vicious and wrong.
Steve

why don't you two butt-snifferz get a room somewhere and do your
crotch-grabbing in private ?

-----------------
Eat **** and die!
Steve
Old June 2nd 04, 04:24 AM
R. Steve Walz

Jasper PNL Mfg Co, LTD wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message

Mind you, I even LIKE the Romans, and Latin, which I studied for
5 years and can still SPEAK conversationally!

SURE you can, BOY

----------------------
Ita, possum!
Steve
Old June 2nd 04, 05:06 AM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:13:17 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

Fat black bucks in a wine-barrel room,

PLease indicate the relevance of Vachel Lindsay.

He wrote the above poem.

Duh. Since you didn't mention his name or give him credit, I supplied
that information. But why is it relevant? Poetry is seldom
considered as factual evidence of anything.

It helps set the mood of the way the black savages lived in the bush
with flies buzzing around and the smell of hyena and lion doo doo and
the stench of carrion in the breeze. You could probably smell the
savages a mile away.

http://www.bartleby.com/65/li/LindsayV.html

Please indicate what in his biography leads you to believe that Vachel
Lindsay had any clue how people in Africa live(d). He wrote rhythmic
poetry based on then-dominant stereotypes, which had no more in common
with reality than your pontifications.

Lindsay claimed that the poem tries to synthesize "vaudeville form back
towards the old Greek precedent of the half-chanted lyric" and also
spoke of it as "a rag-tune epic." This marked desire to fuse ancient
poetic culture with more recent Euro- and African-American performance
materials is part of Lindsay’s yearning to do something helpful to
extirpate racial prejudice (in the aftermath of the Springfield
anti-black riots in 1908), a yearning which is totally swamped by the
poem’s raucous, sinister primitivisms.

http://www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poe...dsay/congo.htm

Now answer my question. What in his biography leads you to believe
that Vachel Lindsay had any clue how people in Africa live(d)?

The essay cited provides no answer to that question.

Indeed another quote on the same page explains why his perspective is
NOT valid:
Though it is true that Lindsay's early life brought him into contact
with a greater variety of black people than did Gertrude Stein's, it
is especially significant for this inquiry that when asked by
"elegant ladies" how he had acquired his knowledge of the Negro, he
begins his response with a purely literary source. He remembers
clearly that his father used to read to the children from Uncle
Remus, and so, even before Lindsay began to have significant contacts
with blacks, he was internalizing a primarily linguistic structure of
thought about them. All his future experiences would be filtered
through a metaphorical veil, and the nonwhite could speak to him only
through the concocted idioms of Joel Chandler Harris.

and from DuBois
Mr. Vachel Lindsay knows two things, and two things only, about
Negroes: The beautiful rhythm of their music and the ugly side of
their drunkards and outcasts. From this poverty of material he tries
now and then to make a contribution to Negro literature. ...Mr. Lindsay
knows little of the Negro, and that little is dangerous.

lojbab
--
lojbab
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
Old June 2nd 04, 05:08 AM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
All of those
thousands of years the black savages in Africa were just savages
contributing nothing to the world.

1) Prove that they were savages.

2) Why should they "contribute something to the world"? The world
contributed nothing to them.

I'm sure that was the thinking of the very few who ever even thought
about contributing anything to the world. They did very little thinking
about anything except survival and where their next meal was coming
from.

Evidence is to the contrary. That sounds more like what the people of
Northern Europe probably did during the Ice Ages.

Any leisure time was probably spent sitting on a termite mound
saying "muhfugger". (in their primitive language, of course)

Their language is no more primitive than yours, of course.

lojbab
Old June 2nd 04, 08:51 AM
Holger Dansk

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:06:30 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Now answer my question. What in his biography leads you to believe
that Vachel Lindsay had any clue how people in Africa live(d)?

Most people with any education at all know how horribly black people in
Africa have lived for thousands of years.

My father-in-law knows first hand. He went on several safaris and drunk
blood with the Masai, etc.

It is a life too horrible to imagine.

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old June 2nd 04, 08:52 AM
Holger Dansk

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:47:35 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

Holger
http://www.mind****.com/~holger1/holger1.htm

--------------------
You're a sick ****ing racist ****.

Aren't you going to say "muhfugger" many times? :-)

Steve

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old June 2nd 04, 09:03 AM
Holger Dansk

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:03:43 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:24:03 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
On Mon, 31 May 2004 23:24:48 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:
and were and had been savages for
thousands of years hunting with spears and they may have even had bows
and arrows. They ate wildebeest, antelope, monkeys, guineas, hyenas,
wild dogs and each other, etc., etc., etc.

That is true for all of mankind.

Not at all. Haven't you ever heard of the Greek and Roman
civilizations, for instance?

Yes. And the Greeks and Romans had ancestors who were uncivilized
savages who lived by hunting and gathering, just like all other human
beings, and most of the evidence indicates that all of these people
ultimate had ancestors who lived in Africa. But we don't know what
color those ancestors were.

The Greek and Roman civilizations existed about 2,000 years ago. They
contributed a great deal to the modern world.

Duh.

But their ancestors came from Africa just like yours. And even long
after they lived in Africa, they were
"savages for thousands of years hunting with spears and they may have
even had bows and arrows."

The Greeks had the greatest ancient civilization.

According to who? The Chinese probably feel differently.

And what about all those European societies that *weren't* Greek in
the same timeframe? What were their contributions to the world?

All of those
thousands of years the black savages in Africa were just savages
contributing nothing to the world.

1) Prove that they were savages.

2) Why should they "contribute something to the world"? The world
contributed nothing to them.

I'm sure that was the thinking of the very few who ever even thought
about contributing anything to the world. They did very little thinking
about anything except survival and where their next meal was coming
from. Any leisure time was probably spent sitting on a termite mound
saying "muhfugger". (in their primitive language, of course)

Holger
http://www.mind****.com/~holger1/holger1.htm

---------------------------
You're delusional. We lived exactly that way till we had the where-
withall to do better, which only happens little by little, and only
randomly as an accidental circumstance that permitted improvement.

There wasn't anything random or accidental about the Greek civilization.
Some time ago I looked up Aristotle in Encyclopedia Britannica. There
were probably about 50 pages about him. I was really surprised at the
comment that was made at the beginning of the article right after giving
his approximate birth and death date. It was, "Aristotle contributed
more to the mind of western man that anyone who ever lived." He, also,
was Alexander The Great's tutor. Of course, Alexander conquered the
world, as they knew it.

Holger

We are no different than they are genetically, or even culturally,
as it was only a sick ignorant vicious streak in our culture that
allowed us to enslave people without conscience and to abuse other
cultures in the world to steal their resources and conquer another
continent from its peaceful resiedents, or we'd be living exactly
the same way! There's no nobility to western society, in fact we
are far more vicious than most of our victim cultures we looted
and pillaged and do still to this day! Or at least we have been,
we are finally just in the last 40 years beginning to develop a
conscience.
Steve

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old June 2nd 04, 09:25 AM
Holger Dansk

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:08:55 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:
All of those
thousands of years the black savages in Africa were just savages
contributing nothing to the world.

1) Prove that they were savages.

2) Why should they "contribute something to the world"? The world
contributed nothing to them.

I'm sure that was the thinking of the very few who ever even thought
about contributing anything to the world. They did very little thinking
about anything except survival and where their next meal was coming
from.

Evidence is to the contrary.

What evidence is indicative of them doing anything productive
whatsoever? They carved some ugly figures out of wood. Hooray!!!

Just sat on that termite mound saying, "muhfugger", muhfugger", all day,
like they do the same thing sitting on the curb in America today, except
today, many have added, "racist", racist", to their mumbling.

That sounds more like what the people of
Northern Europe probably did during the Ice Ages.

Any leisure time was probably spent sitting on a termite mound
saying "muhfugger". (in their primitive language, of course)

Their language is no more primitive than yours, of course.

I didn't live a thousand years ago. I'm speaking of what they did for
thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of
years. Primitive means "old" or "primeval".

lojbab

Old June 2nd 04, 09:38 AM
Holger Dansk

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 02:56:32 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

The Greek and Roman civilizations existed about 2,000 years ago. They
contributed a great deal to the modern world.

The Greeks had the greatest ancient civilization. All of those
thousands of years the black savages in Africa were just savages
contributing nothing to the world.

Holger
http://www.mind****.com/~holger1/holger1.htm

--------------------------------
Greeks did nothing but quarrel and fight, the Athenian democracy
was impossible without the enslavement of captives taken in often
cowardly raids on other more peaceful peoples.

Thomas Jefferson studied Aristotle and used his philosophy when he wrote
our Constitution. (He was the primary author.)

The Greeks put vowels in the alphabet which made language a lot more
useful.

Mind you, I even LIKE the Romans, and Latin, which I studied for
5 years and can still SPEAK conversationally!

Latin is a dead language. Not anyone speaks it. Some priest use it in
their services. Some people learn it in order to increase their
vocabulary. Many English words are derived from Latin. Reminds me of
so many blacks who say they have a college degree and you ask them from
where and they say "University of Wedowee" or something like that which
not anyone has ever heard of. When you ask them where it is, they say,
"Wedowee, AL". Of course, no such university exist.