Bill Cosby - NAACP leaders stunned by remarks of prominent comedian

Old June 3rd 04, 12:16 AM
Holger Dansk

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:36:31 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:08:55 -0400, Bob LeChevalier
wrote:

Any leisure time was probably spent sitting on a termite mound
saying "muhfugger". (in their primitive language, of course)

Their language is no more primitive than yours, of course.

What an enormous chip you have on your shoulder. I'm trying to tell you
that they did not use the noise, "muhfugger" when they were in Africa.
Muhfugger is not a language but they spoke differently.

The point remains that you made a judgement-in-ignorance about a
language you know nothing about, labeling it "primitive".

All languages are primitive compared to today if you are talking about
thousands of years prior to today.

You also
have no clue whether they have a 'noise meaning "muhfugger"'

I'm sure they would have.

lojbab

Holger

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm
Old June 3rd 04, 12:19 AM
Holger Dansk

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:33:07 -0700, "Circe" wrote:

Um, are you suggesting that Greek was the first language to have vowels in
it?

I'm not suggesting it but saying that it was.

Old June 3rd 04, 12:32 AM
Circe

wrote:
Um, are you suggesting that Greek was the first language to have
vowels in it?

I'm not suggesting it but saying that it was.

Nonsense. It is *impossible* to speak without making vowel sounds. Period.
Vowel sounds are a necessary requirement of human speech. And Greek is
hardly the first language invented by humans, let alone the first language
to be represented by writing. Are you suggesting that the Egyptians (as just
one example), who were capable of representing names like Osiris and
Amenhotep in hieroglyphs 2000 years before the Greek alphabet was invented,
did not use vowel sounds in their languages or did not have words? Or that
the Chinese, who have been writing their language down without interruption
since 1200 BC (fully 400 years before Homer and the dissemination of the
Greek alphabet) do not now and did not when they began writing use vowels
when they spoke?

All I can say is that you are *sadly* misinformed.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 4), and the Rising Son (Julian, 6)

Aurora (in the bathroom with her dad)--"It looks like an elephant, Daddy."
Me (later)--"You should feel flattered."

Old June 3rd 04, 02:48 AM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
The point remains that you made a judgement-in-ignorance about a
language you know nothing about, labeling it "primitive".

All languages are primitive compared to today if you are talking about
thousands of years prior to today.

There is no basis to conclude that.

You also
have no clue whether they have a 'noise meaning "muhfugger"'

I'm sure they would have.

Your opinion is worthless.

lojbab
--
lojbab
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
Old June 3rd 04, 06:27 AM
greccogirl

None is required? You do live in fantasy land. What someone should or
should not feel in a family situation you know nothing about is proof of
nothing.

R. Steve Walz wrote:

greccogirl wrote:

What is your proof?

----------------------
None is required, because if the don't, they SHOULD, and they're
LYING because of their abuse.
Steve

R. Steve Walz wrote:

I think Cosby would tell you that they probably don't even know what
good parenting is.

Holger

------------------
Cosby is so hated by his own children that they'd tell you he doesn't.
Steve

Old June 3rd 04, 07:01 AM
greccogirl

Oreo is simply an insult you use when a person of color doesn't agree
with you.

R. Steve Walz wrote:

greccogirl wrote:

---------------
Cosby is a rich rightist asshole, he always has been, he has played
golf with Nixon and Reagan, and he's a black racist. The "I don't
give a damn" attitide is a form of disrespect that the white society
has earned with its racist and economic brutality and unfairness!!!
Steve

Well I've heard a lot of weird stuff but labeling Cosby as a racist is
quite amusing. Besides what you're not getting, is the form of
"disrespect" that you think hurts white America is really just hurting
black America. It isn't hurting those they think they are hurting.
That is what Cosby is trying to say

-----------------------
Cosby has always hung out with the GOP, he's a log-cabin repub dildo.
Or didn't you know that, he's a ****ing Oreo.
Steve

Old June 3rd 04, 07:03 AM
greccogirl

-----------------
**** rescue, I only want that sad little liar to shut the **** up!
Steve

I'll just bet you do, Steve, I'll just bet you do. It's clear how much
he irritates you! People of color who don't agree with you about the
world generally **** you off I'm sure.

Old June 3rd 04, 07:10 AM
greccogirl

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2004 21:42:37 GMT, greccogirl
wrote:

More black children come from broken homes. Something like 70%.

It's 68%. 68% of black-savage-Ethiopian-American women are unwed
mothers.

Holger

Black Savage? Now pray tell what makes them savages?? White people do
this, are they savages? If you wish to argue intelligently knock that
off. It DOES show racism on your part!!!

Old June 3rd 04, 07:11 AM
greccogirl

Stupid remarks for anyone to make. Black Savage indeed. While I do not
agree with you Steve on reparations and a lot of what you say,
definitely there is racism and here is a good example.

R. Steve Walz wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

black-savage-Ethiopian-American women
Holger

---------------
You're a racist **** and you deserve to be killed.

Ignore this racist asshole.
Steve

Old June 3rd 04, 07:13 AM
greccogirl

You DO NOT have the right to call a race of people savages simply
because of their origins. How the heck do you know if they were even
"savage" in Africa?

You need to give up this line if you want anyone to think of you as
anything but a racist.

Holger Dansk wrote:

On Mon, 31 May 2004 01:36:55 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Holger Dansk wrote:

black-savage-Ethiopian-American women
Holger

---------------
You're a racist **** and you deserve to be killed.

What part of black-savage-Ethiopian-American do you not understand?

Your ancestors were definitely black and were and had been savages for
thousands of years hunting with spears and they may have even had bows
and arrows. They ate wildebeest, antelope, monkeys, guineas, hyenas,
wild dogs and each other, etc., etc., etc.

They were captured by black savages and sold to white savages who took
them across the ocean, primarily to Brazil, but they brought your
ancestors to America.

There is nothing racist about it. Although slavery is very wrong, and
should be abolished all over the world, look how fortunate you are to
be living in America instead of living like your relatives do today in
Africa. And, if your ancestors had been carried to Brazil, you, more
than likely, would never have existed because most of them died.

However, you do not owe anything to the descendants of the white people
who owned you after you came here. In the first place they are, in no
way, responsible for what their ancestors did.

Holger

Ignore this racist asshole.
Steve

http://www.mindspring.com/~holger1/holger1.htm