Keeping Skin Retracted

Old September 17th 07, 10:04 PM posted to misc.kids
CharlesII

Default Keeping Skin Retracted

In answer to Sutter who said: "I am a registered nurse, and I can
tell you that one of the grossest sights I've ever seen (and I have a
tough stomach) was a
foreskin that I retracted to insert an indwelling catheter and a huge
chunk of
smegma/ fungus, fell off.
You really do need to gently retract the foreskin to keep the tip of
the penis
clean. It is a breeding ground for bacteria...left over urine, and
that warm
damp place make it a fabulous host to develop whopping skin breakdown
and
infection.
Be sure to gently pull it down over the head of the penis when
finished, men
have actually lost the tip of their penis this way...the retracted
foreskin
will eventually cut off blood supply to the tip (no kidding). Keep
the
foreskin or lose it, I don't care, but for heavens sake.....keep it
clean!!!!!!!" --Sutter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
I agree with the first two paragraphs, but the last is misleading.
Keeping the foreskin retracted can become a medical emergency only if
the penis has phimosis (in the retracted state, then paraphimosis).
Otherwise, keeping the foreskin retracted is not only OK but even
advisable. It's the best way to keep it clean and to prevent phimosis
and hypersensitivity of the penis head.
Many of us choose to wear our foreskins permanently retracted, as it
provides all the benefits of circumcison, and can even eliminate any
need for circumcision. This should be encouraged, starting from the
time of early potty training, for every uncircumcised boy. --Charles
II

Old September 18th 07, 12:58 AM posted to misc.kids
Duprés

On Sep 17, 2:04 pm, CharlesII wrote:
[...]

Right on, dude.

Women get similar stinky problems if they don't clean down there,
either.

Gene