PDA

View Full Version : Re: Saerah Bennett, a uniquely repulsive individual

The Real Bev
July 23rd 03, 01:17 AM
Mike Maiste wrote:

> i agree man, when i posted about her smoking pot i was really just curious,
> cuz it annoys me when like 35-40 year olds smoke pot, for some reason, heh.
> but i found out she is 23. but i made a similar post to yours on the
> smoking while pregnant thread, who the hell are we to question her.

You're probably all dopers, who are you to chew somebody else out for
smoking pot even if she was pregnant?

--
Cheers, Bev
A: Top posters.

karen
July 23rd 03, 01:26 AM
> > i agree man, when i posted about her smoking pot i was really just
curious,
> > cuz it annoys me when like 35-40 year olds smoke pot, for some reason,
heh.

why may i ask? and whats it to you

Laurie Hester
July 23rd 03, 06:08 PM
Mike Maiste wrote:

> because at some point you need to grow up and stop getting high.

Does that apply to drinking as well? If not, what's the difference; to
each his/her own vice.

> but thats
> just my view. like i said, i have plenty of friends that smoke pot, and i
> dont have a problem with it, in fact i think it should be sold legally.
> but i do have a problem with how they act about it, and how they start
> soking it alone when they get home from work. thats pathetic.

And no one has a drink alone after they get home from work?

> whats it to me? its an opinion? is that ok?

That's cool. I just don't understand why you comment on how pot
destroys brain cells, when it is well known that alcohol is worse in
that regard... Alcohol is worse in all regards than weed. It is
physically addictive while pot is not (they are both mentally addictive,
however), people on alcohol are aggressive, violent; people on pot are
mellow, relaxed. Alcoholics are abusive to their families. People on
alcohol drive aggressively and badly and get into accidents; people on
pot drive very cautiously or better yet, don't drive at all because it's
too much of a hassle to go anywhere... ;)

--
Laurie

"If you can't criticize the president during war, doesn't that encourage
him to *be* at war?" - Eddie Vedder

Mike Maiste
July 23rd 03, 07:57 PM
"karen" > wrote in message
. ..

> > > i agree man, when i posted about her smoking pot i was really just
> curious,
> > > cuz it annoys me when like 35-40 year olds smoke pot, for some reason,
> heh.
> >
> why may i ask? and whats it to you

because at some point you need to grow up and stop getting high. but thats
just my view. like i said, i have plenty of friends that smoke pot, and i
dont have a problem with it, in fact i think it should be sold legally.
but i do have a problem with how they act about it, and how they start
soking it alone when they get home from work. thats pathetic.

whats it to me? its an opinion? is that ok?

mike

Geoff Miller
July 23rd 03, 10:09 PM
"karen" > asked:

[ 35-40-year-olds smoking pot ]

>> why may i ask? and whats it to you

Mike Maiste > responds:

> because at some point you need to grow up and stop getting high.

So according to your worldview, it's acceptable for middle-aged
people to drink alcohol but not to smoke pot? You seem to be
interpreting pot's image (in the West, anyway) as a "youth drug"
with the fact that young people inevitably grow up. And is it
so unreasonable that as people get older, they'd continue to
enjoy the things they enjoyed earlier in life, and for the same
reasons? Or should people revert to booze when they hit 35?

> but thats just my view. like i said, i have plenty of friends
> that smoke pot, and i dont have a problem with it, in fact i
> think it should be sold legally. but i do have a problem with
> how they act about it, and how they start soking it alone when
> they get home from work. thats pathetic.

What if instead, they had a beer or two (or even a martini) when
they got home? Would you find that easir to approve of? Or
would you spin it as evidence of alcoholism?

> whats it to me? its an opinion? is that ok?

Of course. But the best opinions are those that are well thought
out, and not just manifestations of puerile prejudices.

Geoff

--
If you want peace, work for superior firepower.

Laurie Hester
July 24th 03, 04:30 AM
Mike Maiste wrote:

> "Laurie Hester" > wrote in message
> > Does that apply to drinking as well? If not, what's the difference; to
> > each his/her own vice.
> >

> nope, have younread any of my posts recently? i've said that while i will
> never smoke pot, i do support its compelete legalization.
>

> > And no one has a drink alone after they get home from work?
> >

> umm 1 drink doesnt have the same effect as smoking pot. nor does 2 drinks.
> nice try though.
>
> > That's cool. I just don't understand why you comment on how pot
> > destroys brain cells,
>
> i already said, its because my friends have made it their lives...and the
> way they talk, act, think has visbly been affected. i only see a change in
> people that drink when they are drunk, and its always funny! :)
>
> >people on alcohol are aggressive, violent; people on pot are
> > mellow, relaxed.
>
> my friends are'nt aggressive when they drink...just really funny.
>
> not sure why you are trying to defend pot to me, when i think it should be
> legal if alcohol is...it makes no sense that they both arent.
>
> mike

Well, we agree on that, but some of your comments about pot destroying
brain cells and smoking alone just seemed a little strange when you had
admitted you drink. But you've done well explaining those comments a
little better.

--

Mike Maiste wrote:

> "Geoff Miller" > wrote in message
> > So according to your worldview, it's acceptable for middle-aged
> > people to drink alcohol but not to smoke pot?
>
> nope, see previous posts on my feelings about alcohol and pot. i wil not
> reply to the rest of your post because it is based on the idea that i am
> against pot smokers and pot smoking, which i am not. i just get annoyed
> when older people go and smoke pot. i hate going to bars and seeing older
> people drink their too, and try to act all young, at a bar where they are
> the eldest by 20 years. i was making a social comment that really i dont
> even care about at all.
>
> mike

Hey, aren't we allowed to have *any* fun? ;)

--
Laurie

"If you can't criticize the president during war, doesn't that encourage
him to *be* at war?" - Eddie Vedder

Mike Maiste
July 24th 03, 05:11 AM
"Laurie Hester" > wrote in message
> Does that apply to drinking as well? If not, what's the difference; to
> each his/her own vice.

nope, have younread any of my posts recently? i've said that while i will
never smoke pot, i do support its compelete legalization.

> And no one has a drink alone after they get home from work?

umm 1 drink doesnt have the same effect as smoking pot. nor does 2 drinks.
nice try though.

> That's cool. I just don't understand why you comment on how pot
> destroys brain cells,

i already said, its because my friends have made it their lives...and the
way they talk, act, think has visbly been affected. i only see a change in
people that drink when they are drunk, and its always funny! :)

>people on alcohol are aggressive, violent; people on pot are
> mellow, relaxed.

my friends are'nt aggressive when they drink...just really funny.

not sure why you are trying to defend pot to me, when i think it should be
legal if alcohol is...it makes no sense that they both arent.

mike

D.G. Devin
July 24th 03, 10:29 AM
Geoff Miller wrote in message ...

>Mike Maiste > responds:
>
>> because at some point you need to grow up and stop getting high.
>
>So according to your worldview, it's acceptable for middle-aged
>people to drink alcohol but not to smoke pot?

You're missing the point, whether alcohol or weed, it's the getting high
part that people need to outgrow, because if you can't get through your day
without that, then you have a problem.

Laurie Hester
July 24th 03, 04:19 PM
"D.G. Devin" wrote:

> Geoff Miller wrote in message ...
> >
> >Mike Maiste > responds:
> >
> >> because at some point you need to grow up and stop getting high.
> >
> >So according to your worldview, it's acceptable for middle-aged
> >people to drink alcohol but not to smoke pot?
>
> You're missing the point, whether alcohol or weed, it's the getting high
> part that people need to outgrow, because if you can't get through your day
> without that, then you have a problem.

True, moderation is the key. But that's not what Mikey said.

--
Laurie

"If you can't criticize the president during war, doesn't that encourage
him to *be* at war?" - Eddie Vedder

Laurie Hester
July 24th 03, 05:00 PM
Mike Maiste wrote:

> "Laurie Hester" > wrote in message
> >
> > Well, we agree on that, but some of your comments about pot destroying
> > brain cells and smoking alone just seemed a little strange when you had
> > admitted you drink. But you've done well explaining those comments a
> > little better.
>
> thanks for the words of encouragement. they have actually caused me to go
> back and recheck what i said, since you agree with it.
>
> smoking alone is bad...i drink, i dont drink alone. where is the
> comparison?
>
> mike

Why is smoking alone bad? The reason I smoke is because it enhances
music for me. So I smoke and listen to my headphones; that's a solitary
activity. I also enjoy smoking with friends, but that doesn't preclude
me listening to music by myself. What's wrong with that? I can't think
of a reason why someone would want to drink alone, but maybe there is
one.

--
Laurie

"If you can't criticize the president during war, doesn't that encourage
him to *be* at war?" - Eddie Vedder

Mike Maiste
July 24th 03, 06:12 PM
"Laurie Hester" > wrote in message

> Well, we agree on that, but some of your comments about pot destroying
> brain cells and smoking alone just seemed a little strange when you had
> admitted you drink. But you've done well explaining those comments a
> little better.

thanks for the words of encouragement. they have actually caused me to go
back and recheck what i said, since you agree with it.

smoking alone is bad...i drink, i dont drink alone. where is the
comparison?

mike

Mike Maiste
July 24th 03, 06:13 PM
"D.G. Devin" > wrote in message
> You're missing the point, whether alcohol or weed, it's the getting high
> part that people need to outgrow, because if you can't get through your
day
> without that, then you have a problem.

true...although that doesnt mean it has to be gotten rid of competely. just
done socially and maturely.

mike

Laurie Hester
July 24th 03, 08:12 PM
Mike Maiste wrote:

> "Laurie Hester" > wrote in message
> > Why is smoking alone bad? The reason I smoke is because it enhances
> > music for me. So I smoke and listen to my headphones; that's a solitary
> > activity.
>
> i think getting high or drunk should be reserved for social activities, not
> because you cant enjoy the music enough. i just think doing these things
> alone is pathetic and indicates a problem.

Listening to music alone is pathetic?

> >I also enjoy smoking with friends, but that doesn't preclude
> > me listening to music by myself. What's wrong with that? I can't think
> > of a reason why someone would want to drink alone, but maybe there is
> > one.
>
> just the fact that you think it is fine to smoke pot alone, but you cant
> even begin to understand why someone might want to get drunk alone is silly.
> have you ever been drunk? it feels pretty cool. it helps people fall
> asleep, helps people forget their problems. i am saying these show that
> there is a problem, if this is why you drink, and you do it by yourself.
>
> mike

Alcohol is a social drug for the most part. If you are drinking to
forget your problems or numb yourself, or drink alone, it may indicate a
problem. Weed is definitely *not* a social drug; it is often enjoyed by
people when they are alone. This doesn't indicate any sort of problem.
If I want to listen to music by myself and smoke to enhance the music,
how is that a problem?

--
Laurie

"If you can't criticize the president during war, doesn't that encourage
him to *be* at war?" - Eddie Vedder

Mike Maiste
July 24th 03, 08:51 PM
"Laurie Hester" > wrote in message
> True, moderation is the key. But that's not what Mikey said.

well i did say that once actually...but i also said that pot adn alcohol
should be legal. so whats the problem.

mike

Mike Maiste
July 24th 03, 08:53 PM
"Laurie Hester" > wrote in message
> Why is smoking alone bad? The reason I smoke is because it enhances
> music for me. So I smoke and listen to my headphones; that's a solitary
> activity.

i think getting high or drunk should be reserved for social activities, not
because you cant enjoy the music enough. i just think doing these things
alone is pathetic and indicates a problem.

>I also enjoy smoking with friends, but that doesn't preclude
> me listening to music by myself. What's wrong with that? I can't think
> of a reason why someone would want to drink alone, but maybe there is
> one.

just the fact that you think it is fine to smoke pot alone, but you cant
even begin to understand why someone might want to get drunk alone is silly.
have you ever been drunk? it feels pretty cool. it helps people fall
asleep, helps people forget their problems. i am saying these show that
there is a problem, if this is why you drink, and you do it by yourself.

mike

karen
July 24th 03, 10:05 PM
"Mike Maiste" > wrote in message

> "karen" > wrote in message
> . ..

> > curious,
> > heh.
> > >
> > why may i ask? and whats it to you
>
> because at some point you need to grow up and stop getting high.>

getting high has nothing to do with growing up

< but thats
> just my view. like i said, i have plenty of friends that smoke pot, and i
> dont have a problem with it, in fact i think it should be sold legally.>

i understand, you dont have a problem with it. it just annoys you when
30-40somethings do it. and you think its pathetic.

> but i do have a problem with how they act about it, and how they start
> soking it alone when they get home from work. thats pathetic.<>

its ****ing pathetic that anyone adult that comes home from a hard days work
and kicks back and smokes a joint. WHY? was the question. why do you feel
that way?

> whats it to me? its an opinion? is that ok?
>
> mike>

sure thats ok, i dont hafta live with you. you voiced your opinion and in
return i asked why you have that opinion. whats so wrong with that?

karen
July 24th 03, 10:25 PM

> > umm 1 drink doesnt have the same effect as smoking pot. nor does 2
drinks.
> > nice try though.>

ummm... alcohol ****s me up way more than any amount of weed does. a couple
good margaritas **** me up more than a good joint. and no matter how much i
smoke i can always walk, drive whatever. drink a few margaritas and im not
walking good, i shouldnt drive and im likely to do something i'll regret

> > i already said, its because my friends have made it their lives...and
the
> > way they talk, act, think has visbly been affected. i only see a
change in
> > people that drink when they are drunk, and its always funny! :)>

well, it wasnt funny watching my sister die from alcoholism. and it wasnt
funny getting the hell beat out of me from a drunk boyfriend. it wasnt funny
getting hit by a drunk driver and bleeding days later from my placenta
ripping away because i was pregnant at the time he hit us. it wasnt funny
seeing my dad stumble in and throwing his guts up at least three times a
week. it wasnt funny ......... ...........
all the potheads i know are the same cool people theyve always been. all
the uncool potheads i know are still the idiots theyve always been

> > not sure why you are trying to defend pot to me, when i think it should
be
> > legal if alcohol is...it makes no sense that they both arent.>>

i know you were asking laurie but i have an answer i wanna give you. i also
know you said defending pot. i responded to you about this because you said
you found it annoying and pathetic. i wanted to give you a chance to explain
why as so maybe i could see it from your side before i just blurted out for
you to get ****ed because i dont talk to people that consider me annoying
and pathetic. im a regular pot smoker and im 39 so i fit the bill. you can
either explain why or get ****ed, your choice

karen
July 24th 03, 10:32 PM

thats some stupid **** there

< i hate going to bars and seeing older
> > people drink their too, and try to act all young, at a bar where they
are
> > the eldest by 20 years. >

what about at a bar with people their own age? what about if a few
30something year old women go to places where 21-30something year old men
are rather then 40-80 y.o .men are? why do you hate it? maybe its not taht
theyre trying to act younger, perhaps its that they like pounger guys. do
you have a problem with taht too?

<i was making a social comment that really i dont
> > even care about at all..

well it bothers me when somebody thinks im pathetic and annoying because i
smoke pot. *you* need to grow the **** up

karen
July 24th 03, 10:50 PM
> i think getting high or drunk should be reserved for social activities,
not
> because you cant enjoy the music enough. i just think doing these things>
alone is pathetic and indicates a problem.

man....i bet youre quite the borefest

> >I also enjoy smoking with friends, but that doesn't preclude
> > me listening to music by myself. What's wrong with that? I can't think
> > of a reason why someone would want to drink alone, but maybe there is
> > one.

i always smoke alone laurie. i love to get stoned and put the headphones on
too. usually a nightly ritual for me. i personally think pot makes most
things at least a little better. but im a stoner so im probably too burned
out to even know what better is anymore ;)

> just the fact that you think it is fine to smoke pot alone, but you cant
> even begin to understand why someone might want to get drunk alone is
silly.>

i can understand a few beers alone after a hard days work. i can understand
a beer while working in the yard when its 100 degrees outside. i can
understand a glass or twoof wine before bed or while just relaxing. but i
cant understand getting *drunk *everyday and night. can not

> have you ever been drunk?>

have you ever known an alcoholic

< it feels pretty cool. >

i like it sometimes, not very often at all.
ONE difference between weed and alcohol is that you can only get so stoned
but the more you drink the drunker you get. also the more i drink teh sicker
i get

Geoff Miller
July 25th 03, 09:33 PM

D.G. Devin > writes:

> You're missing the point, whether alcohol or weed, it's the
> getting high part that people need to outgrow, because if
> you can't get through your day without that, then you have
> a problem.

The person I responded to last time around obviously
believed that getting high was something that only
younger people should do. My point is that altering
one's consciousness isn't something that should only
be expected of younger people. Nor should it be
assumed that people of any age only get high because
they "need" to.

And by the way, why is it so often assumed that people
only drink or get high because they *need* it to get
through their day? Have these people considered the
possibility that some do it not out of necessity, but
because it's an enhancement, something they simply
happen to enjoy?

Some people say that recraetional drugs of any sort are
a crutch. I think a more apt analogy is that they're a
spice. Nobody "needs" salt and pepper on their meat or
Tabasco on their eggs, but it certainly adds to the
experience, right?

Well, by the same token, most people don't "need" a
martini or a couple of bong hits. But if they enjoy
one or the other or both, then why shouldn't they
indulge themselves?

Geoff

--
If you want peace, work for superior firepower.

karen
July 25th 03, 09:40 PM

> And by the way, why is it so often assumed that people
> only drink or get high because they *need* it to get
> through their day? Have these people considered the
> possibility that some do it not out of necessity, but
> because it's an enhancement, something they simply
> happen to enjoy?
>
> Some people say that recraetional drugs of any sort are
> a crutch. I think a more apt analogy is that they're a
> spice. Nobody "needs" salt and pepper on their meat or
> Tabasco on their eggs, but it certainly adds to the
> experience, right?
>
> Well, by the same token, most people don't "need" a
> martini or a couple of bong hits. But if they enjoy
> one or the other or both, then why shouldn't they
> indulge themselves?

listen up....the man knows what hes talking about!

Mike Maiste
July 26th 03, 03:39 AM
"Laurie Hester" > wrote in message
> > i think getting high or drunk should be reserved for social activities,
not
> > because you cant enjoy the music enough. i just think doing these
things
> > alone is pathetic and indicates a problem.
>
> Listening to music alone is pathetic?

WOW. do you REALLY think that is what i said? or are you just trying
desperately to fool and casual readers and make me look stupid? this is
really sad. obviouly i meant smoking pot, and drinking alone, is pathetic.
somehow you figured in a conversation about pot and drinking, that i meant
listening to music alone is pathetic. you seriously need help.

> Alcohol is a social drug for the most part. If you are drinking to
> forget your problems or numb yourself, or drink alone, it may indicate a
> problem. Weed is definitely *not* a social drug; it is often enjoyed by
> people when they are alone.

what? weed is not a social drug? tell that to all the people i know that
get together to smoke all the time. ugh.

>This doesn't indicate any sort of problem.
> If I want to listen to music by myself and smoke to enhance the music,
> how is that a problem?

needing to get high in order to enjoy music just might indicate a problem.
but i'm not encouraging you to stop getting high laurie, it probably takes
the edge off of being wrong so often.

mike

Mike Maiste
July 26th 03, 03:45 AM
"karen" > wrote in message
. ..

> getting high has nothing to do with growing up

oh, i see your point....well said.

> i understand, you dont have a problem with it. it just annoys you when
> 30-40somethings do it. and you think its pathetic.
> its ****ing pathetic that anyone adult that comes home from a hard days
work
> and kicks back and smokes a joint. WHY? was the question. why do you feel
> that way?

ive already said that i think its pathetic for people to drink alone and
smoke pot alone. the 40 something comment was because it annoys me when i
see older people at young bars trying to act young, or at parties where they
are out of place talking about or sactualiny smoking pot. it was more of a
toungue in cheek comment, seeing as how i support the full legalization of
pot.

why dont you calm down a bit.

> sure thats ok, i dont hafta live with you. you voiced your opinion and in
> return i asked why you have that opinion. whats so wrong with that?

ha, you didnt just say "hey mike, i'm curious why you feel taht way" you
implied it was none of business at all.

mike

Mike Maiste
July 26th 03, 03:49 AM
"karen" > wrote in message
. ..
> well, it wasnt funny watching my sister die from alcoholism. and it wasnt
> funny getting the hell beat out of me from a drunk boyfriend. it wasnt
funny
> getting hit by a drunk driver and bleeding days later from my placenta
> ripping away because i was pregnant at the time he hit us. it wasnt funny
> seeing my dad stumble in and throwing his guts up at least three times a
> week. it wasnt funny .........

thats all very sad and all, and i am sorry, but you aren't going to make me
feel bad for thinking my friends drunk are awesome and funny. i was talking
about, and was asked about, my experiences, and thats how i answered.

> all the potheads i know are the same cool people theyve always been. all
> the uncool potheads i know are still the idiots theyve always been

all the potheads i know are nowhere near as cool as they used to be, they
talk like the are dumbasses, i can hear the brain cells dying, and they
ditch friends to smoke pot.

mike

Mike Maiste
July 26th 03, 03:55 AM
"karen" > wrote in message
. ..
>> yeah, lets go smoke pot socially. point the way. how do you do it
maturely?
> im stuck

you dont know how what it means to drink or get high maturely?

mike

Mike Maiste
July 26th 03, 03:59 AM
"Geoff Miller" > wrote in message

> The person I responded to last time around obviously
> believed that getting high was something that only
> younger people should do.

haha, have you read ANYTHING i have posted on this subject besides a quick
comment that i dont like older people trying to fit in with a young crowd?
it was a little comment, it in no way defines my view on anything that
really matters. 5th time - i think pot shoudl be compltely legal.

> And by the way, why is it so often assumed that people
> only drink or get high because they *need* it to get
> through their day? Have these people considered the
> possibility that some do it not out of necessity, but
> because it's an enhancement, something they simply
> happen to enjoy?

haha, have you read ANYTHING i have posted on this subject besides a quick
comment that i dont like older people trying to fit in with a young crowd?
enjoyment and entertainment is why people SHOULD do these things, with their
friends, to have a great and silly time. but not to make being alone seem
better, or to escape from problems, etc.

mike

Mike Maiste
July 26th 03, 08:15 PM
"karen" > wrote in message
>> one reason i had a hunch and made the borefest comment.... cant you
> entertain yourself? i dont need friends to have a great and /or silly
time.

hah are you kidding?????????? thats the point. i CAN entertain
myself...thats why i dont bother getting high or drunk when i'm alone. i
only drink when me and a bunch of friends wanna get extra silly, together.

saying i am a boring person (a low and ridiculous insult anyway) because i
dont get high when i'm alone is just very far fetched, and in fact makes no
sense.

> what
> rubs me wrong is that you said we're (people taht smoke alone) annoying
and
> pathetic. do you like to be considered annoying and pathetic? you think
that
> way because you feel they need it to be happy, right?

actually i said that older people who try to fit in at younger peoples
crowds annoy me....i said that people who drink or smoke alone possible have
a problem with it. get it right.

mike

karen
July 27th 03, 06:04 AM
you get it right

> actually i said that older people who try to fit in at younger peoples
> crowds annoy me....i said that people who drink or smoke alone possible
have
> a problem with it. get it right.

"Mike Maiste" > wrote in message
> i agree man, when i posted about her smoking pot i was really just
curious,
> cuz it annoys me when like 35-40 year olds smoke pot, for some reason,
heh.
> but i found out she is 23.

karen
July 27th 03, 06:12 AM

> saying i am a boring person (a low and ridiculous insult anyway) >

i had a hunch that you would be a borefest. i didnt mean it as an insult, it
was just a feeling. no biggie

<because i
> dont get high when i'm alone is just very far fetched, and in fact makes
no
> sense.

its not really that you dont do it, i dont give a **** . its your attitude
towards those of us in that age group that do. and your attitude about going
alone to a concert....jsut makes me feel like you need others to let loose
or something, i dunno how to put it really. maybe borefest wasnt the right
term...

Mike Maiste
July 27th 03, 03:15 PM
great comeback

mike

"karen" > wrote in message
> you get it right
>

> > actually i said that older people who try to fit in at younger peoples
> > crowds annoy me....i said that people who drink or smoke alone possible
> have
> > a problem with it. get it right.
> >

> __________________________________________________ ___________
> "Mike Maiste" > wrote in message
> > i agree man, when i posted about her smoking pot i was really just
> curious,
> > cuz it annoys me when like 35-40 year olds smoke pot, for some reason,
> heh.
> > but i found out she is 23.

Mike Maiste
July 27th 03, 03:16 PM
"karen" > wrote in message
> i had a hunch that you would be a borefest. i didnt mean it as an insult,
it
> was just a feeling. no biggie

a hunch based on the fact that i dont need to get high or drunk when i'm
alone? heh, you need to get your instincts checked out....it was an insult.

> its not really that you dont do it, i dont give a **** . its your
attitude
> towards those of us in that age group that do. and your attitude about
going
> alone to a concert....jsut makes me feel like you need others to let loose
> or something, i dunno how to put it really. maybe borefest wasnt the right
> term...

oh no abck to this going to a cocnert alone thing. 99.9% of people would
choose to go to a concert with a close friend rather than alone. you are
stretching, and really making no sense.

mike

Mike Maiste
July 27th 03, 03:19 PM
thanks john.

mike

"JohnG" > wrote in message
> "Mike Maiste" > wrote in message
> >
> > WOW. do you REALLY think that is what i said? or are you just trying
> > desperately to fool and casual readers and make me look stupid? this is
> > really sad. you seriously need help.
> >

> Don't worry Mike. At this point, everyone in here is literally onto her
> game because when the curtain was pulled from behind her last week, no one
> in here could even possibly consider defending her because she was so
> egregiously wrong. This is why Vin, who Laurie has frustrated more than
all
> of us in here combined,(and that's saying a lot because she has redlined
> quite a few people in here, including yours truly on over 50 occasions)
has
> been making multiple attempts to get Laurie to respond to a variety of 3-7
> day olds posts which have proven her wrong but, yet, have gone ignored.
>
> Also, she's just trying to get you back because you gave her a few
lashings
> about the teaching conversation and Laurie holds grudges longer than Joe
> Dimaggio will hold his major league baseball consecutive game hit streak,
> but anyone who has been paying attention in here knows that her actions in
> this thread are similar to what she always does, which is twist your words
> around, change the subject in the process to suit her argument, and
retreat
> from and alter her original point because her original point has already
> been refuted by a person who knows more than nothing but the ability to
talk
> ****.
>
> Three days ago, she specifically said she would stop arguing because the
> energy vampires were taking too much and it wasn't worth it to her to keep
> feeding them. I told her hours later that she could never stop arguing
> because she couldn't help herself. Since then, she's been in 6 different
> arguments, all of which she has defended unsuccessfully.
>
> Laurie, by the way, please ask me to show you proof about where this/these
> conversation(s) has/have happened. I dare you. I'd be happy to look them
> up for you just in case you think I'm just making this up, like you claim
> make everything I say about you up, despite the fact that the facts
continue
> to explicitely state otherwise.
>
> Once again, I admit, I'm obsessed, sue me.
>
> Regards,
>
> John

karen
July 27th 03, 06:31 PM
"Mike Maiste" > wrote in message
> great comeback

i know:)
sorry for insinuating that youd be a borefest. im on the rag. does anymore
need to be said?

Mike Maiste
July 28th 03, 12:30 PM
"karen" > wrote in message

> i know:)
> sorry for insinuating that youd be a borefest. im on the rag. does anymore
> need to be said?

its ok, and NO...lets drop it. i still think you're cool!!

mike :)

karen
July 28th 03, 09:49 PM

> its ok, and NO...lets drop it. >

hahaha, maybe i should have read post one first :)

<i still think you're cool!!

> mike :)

thanks:) but i have a question:
is it even possible to be cool, pathetic and annoying:))

Mike Maiste
July 28th 03, 10:25 PM
"karen" > wrote in message
. ..

> > its ok, and NO...lets drop it. >
>

> hahaha, maybe i should have read post one first :)

whoops....i just replied...we're cool, sorry.

> thanks:) but i have a question:
> is it even possible to be cool, pathetic and annoying:))

you prove that everyday! :)

mike

D.G. Devin
July 29th 03, 06:36 AM
Geoff Miller wrote in message ...

>And by the way, why is it so often assumed that people
>only drink or get high because they *need* it to get
>through their day? Have these people considered the
>possibility that some do it not out of necessity, but
>because it's an enhancement, something they simply
>happen to enjoy?

Ummm, because we all know people who wrecked their car or lost their job or
got divorced because their means of recreational conciousness raising messed
them up. When you continue to do something you know is dangerous and
destructive to you, I think you lose the "fun" excuse, unless you can
convince me being an unemployed divorced guy with no car has aspects of fun
to it that I'm missing.

>Some people say that recraetional drugs of any sort are
>a crutch. I think a more apt analogy is that they're a
>spice. Nobody "needs" salt and pepper on their meat or
>Tabasco on their eggs, but it certainly adds to the
>experience, right?

If using Tabasco results in your doctor running extra blood tests because
he's worried about your liver, then it ain't adding anything to an
experience I want to have. Especially if you *can't* eat your eggs without
the Tabasco. And I don't eat many eggs anymore anyway.

>Well, by the same token, most people don't "need" a
>martini or a couple of bong hits. But if they enjoy
>one or the other or both, then why shouldn't they
>indulge themselves?

Don't get me wrong, I like a nice frosty beer on a hot day as much as the
next aging lecturer on moral guidelines that I myself ignored while younger.
It's just that the recreational excuse seems to apply to a smaller and
smaller percentage of users, one after the other, the people I knew who
liked a little of whatever, just to relax, relaxed themselves right into a
real bad place to be. I'm glad for those who haven't, it just seems a
little too easy for most people to jack themselves up.