PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Book on Homeschooling

toto
August 1st 03, 09:01 PM
I am reading a new book on homeschooling from a black
mother's perspective. She successfully homeschooled
her 3 sons. Two (twins) are currently at Princeton and the
youngest is at Amherst.

It is quite an interesting story and I reccommend it to anyone
interesting in homeschooling and in vouchers as well. These
parents were not poor, they were successful, middle-class
blacks whose children were in one of the *best* private schools.

I don't want to describe the mom and dad's reasons for this
because she does it herself so much better than I can unless
I type her words. Suffice it to say that as a black family, they
felt, despite there own education in prep schools and ivy
league colleges that their own boys were *not* getting the
best education and that institutional racism was involved in
that fact.

At any rate, this is a book worth reading.

Morning by Morning
by Paula Penn-Nabrit

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits

H Schinske
August 9th 03, 01:20 AM
wrote:

>At any rate, this is a book worth reading.
>
>Morning by Morning
>by Paula Penn-Nabrit

Thanks for the recommendation, Dorothy. I am in the middle of it, and find it
very interesting and well-written. I'd *love* to take Paula Penn-Nabrit out for
coffee sometime and discuss some stuff, wouldn't you? I find myself constantly
disagreeing with her on one page and then turning around and agreeing with her
again on the next. Keeps you on your toes. Plus there's some great deadpan
humor.

--Helen