PDA

View Full Version : Important article

Maja
August 22nd 04, 05:24 AM
On Sunday, August 22, Parade magazine features "What Are You Going to
Do about Child Abuse?"

This article, by attorney and author Andrew Vachss, points out that
our politicians never try to do more than patch up the broken
inadequate agencies that purport to protect children.

He argues that, in order to force policymakers to address the problem,
we must turn child protection a make-or-break issue for all candidates
for public office. Vachss describes the steps we can each take both
during this election year and afterwards, in this clear and thorough
essay.

The article begins on page 4 in this week's Parade Magazine, which is
included in your Sunday newspaper. If your local newspaper doesn't
include it, see parade.com for a complete listing of newspapers that
carry it, by city and state.

Please read it, and make your candidates respond!