PDA

View Full Version : reggae rubber duck

Stephanie Stowe
February 28th 05, 07:13 PM
The family was in the car this weekend. We were listening to some Sesame
Street music. We do not have the liner notes. This was splish splash
bathtime fun or some such. There is a reggae rubber duck song. I *think*
this is a take off on an existing reggae tune, but I cannot think what the
title or auther would be. Anyone?

February 28th 05, 07:24 PM
Stephanie Stowe wrote:
> The family was in the car this weekend. We were listening to some
Sesame
> Street music. We do not have the liner notes. This was splish splash
> bathtime fun or some such. There is a reggae rubber duck song. I
*think*
> this is a take off on an existing reggae tune, but I cannot think
what the
> title or auther would be. Anyone?

The song is 'Do De Rubber Duck', words by Christopher Cerf and Norman
Stiles,
music by Christopher Cerf. I'm not that familiar with most reggae so I
can't help with the takeoff part, but BOY am I familiar with this song.
It's actually one of my favorites, which is good. :-)

Beth (do de duck, rubber duck, duck, rubber duck)

Stephanie Stowe
February 28th 05, 07:27 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Stephanie Stowe wrote:
>> The family was in the car this weekend. We were listening to some
> Sesame
>> Street music. We do not have the liner notes. This was splish splash
>> bathtime fun or some such. There is a reggae rubber duck song. I
> *think*
>> this is a take off on an existing reggae tune, but I cannot think
> what the
>> title or auther would be. Anyone?
>
> The song is 'Do De Rubber Duck', words by Christopher Cerf and Norman
> Stiles,
> music by Christopher Cerf. I'm not that familiar with most reggae so I
> can't help with the takeoff part, but BOY am I familiar with this song.
> It's actually one of my favorites, which is good. :-)
>
> Beth (do de duck, rubber duck, duck, rubber duck)

It has been stuck in my head for DAYS. Ok, Ok HOURS. I like Raffi better,
but I am happy to Do De Rubber Duck any old time too.

toto
March 1st 05, 01:33 AM
On 28 Feb 2005 11:24:52 -0800, wrote:

>music by Christopher Cerf.

If the music is credited to Christopher Cerf, my take would be
that while the music may be similar to other reggae songs, the
music is probably original and not a take-off.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Stephanie Stowe
March 1st 05, 03:07 PM
"toto" > wrote in message
> On 28 Feb 2005 11:24:52 -0800, wrote:
>
>>music by Christopher Cerf.
>
> If the music is credited to Christopher Cerf, my take would be
> that while the music may be similar to other reggae songs, the
> music is probably original and not a take-off.

That is also what I gathered. Thanks to you both.