PDA

View Full Version : one more

Birchy
March 1st 05, 05:09 AM
Great quotes from the Roman playwright Terence...

http://www.fallingskyhazard.com/catalog.htm

As a person is so must you humor them.

He makes a great mistake... who supposes that authority is firmer or
better established when it is founded by force than that which is
welded by affection.

How often events, by chance, and unexpectedly, came to pass, which you
had not dared even to hope for!

I am human and let nothing human be alien to me.

I believe because it is impossible.

I do not give money for just mere hopes.

I hold this as a rule of life: too much of anything is bad.

Many a time from a bad beginning great friendships have sprung up.

Nowadays those are rewarded who make right appear wrong.

Their silence is praise enough.

They are so knowing, that they know nothing.

What a grand thing it is to be clever and have common sense.

While the mind is in doubt it is driven this way and that by a slight
impulse.

You're a wise person if you can easily direct your attention to
whatever needs it.

http://www.fallingskyhazard.com/catalog.htm