PDA

View Full Version : Question about baby teeth

KD
March 2nd 05, 04:36 PM
My 10 month old ds got his first two teeth - the bottom front ones -
at about 8 months. I just noticed the other day that he has a third
tooth now - it's on the top. I didn't notice it earlier because it
didn't come out where I expected. I expected the front teeth to pop
out next. His new tooth is over farther to the right - where I'd
expect to see the cuspids (the third tooth in on each side). However,
it really looks like a front tooth - it's kind of wide and flat. Could
this be his front tooth just in the wrong location? I plan on calling
the dentist, but haven't yet. Has anyone seen anything like that
before? If so, what do they do? I'm assuming you wait until the child
is much older, but I'd hate to have to rearrange a mouthful of teeth!
I mean - if it is the front tooth it's nowhere near where it's
supposed to be!

March 2nd 05, 04:39 PM
KD wrote:
> My 10 month old ds got his first two teeth - the bottom front ones -
> at about 8 months. I just noticed the other day that he has a third
> tooth now - it's on the top. I didn't notice it earlier because it
> didn't come out where I expected. I expected the front teeth to pop
> out next. His new tooth is over farther to the right - where I'd
> expect to see the cuspids (the third tooth in on each side). However,
> it really looks like a front tooth - it's kind of wide and flat.
Could
> this be his front tooth just in the wrong location?

Yup, my younger daughter had this exact situation. Cuspid came in
first, looked like a front tooth. Turned out, it was a cuspid. :)

Jan

Nan
March 2nd 05, 04:44 PM
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:36:41 GMT, (KD) scribbled:

>My 10 month old ds got his first two teeth - the bottom front ones -
>at about 8 months. I just noticed the other day that he has a third
>tooth now - it's on the top. I didn't notice it earlier because it
>didn't come out where I expected. I expected the front teeth to pop
>out next. His new tooth is over farther to the right - where I'd
>expect to see the cuspids (the third tooth in on each side). However,
>it really looks like a front tooth - it's kind of wide and flat. Could
>this be his front tooth just in the wrong location? I plan on calling
>the dentist, but haven't yet. Has anyone seen anything like that
>before? If so, what do they do? I'm assuming you wait until the child
>is much older, but I'd hate to have to rearrange a mouthful of teeth!
>I mean - if it is the front tooth it's nowhere near where it's
>supposed to be!

A co-worker's dd had something similar happen. It turned out to be
her cuspids coming in before the front top teeth.
She looked like a little vampire when she smiled :-)

Nan

KD
March 2nd 05, 04:57 PM
On 2 Mar 2005 08:39:40 -0800, wrote:

>KD wrote:
>> My 10 month old ds got his first two teeth - the bottom front ones -
>> at about 8 months. I just noticed the other day that he has a third
>> tooth now - it's on the top. I didn't notice it earlier because it
>> didn't come out where I expected. I expected the front teeth to pop
>> out next. His new tooth is over farther to the right - where I'd
>> expect to see the cuspids (the third tooth in on each side). However,
>> it really looks like a front tooth - it's kind of wide and flat.
>Could
>> this be his front tooth just in the wrong location?
>
>Yup, my younger daughter had this exact situation. Cuspid came in
>first, looked like a front tooth. Turned out, it was a cuspid. :)
>
>Jan

Oh good! I feel much better! His two older siblings (3 and 5) have
inherited my bad teeth (cavity prone and crooked and missing some
adult tooth buds) and all I could think was this one was going to have
his teeth grow in in the wrong spot! Hopefully it's all OK! Thanks!

KD
March 2nd 05, 04:57 PM
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:44:43 GMT, Nan > wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:36:41 GMT, (KD) scribbled:
>
>>My 10 month old ds got his first two teeth - the bottom front ones -
>>at about 8 months. I just noticed the other day that he has a third
>>tooth now - it's on the top. I didn't notice it earlier because it
>>didn't come out where I expected. I expected the front teeth to pop
>>out next. His new tooth is over farther to the right - where I'd
>>expect to see the cuspids (the third tooth in on each side). However,
>>it really looks like a front tooth - it's kind of wide and flat. Could
>>this be his front tooth just in the wrong location? I plan on calling
>>the dentist, but haven't yet. Has anyone seen anything like that
>>before? If so, what do they do? I'm assuming you wait until the child
>>is much older, but I'd hate to have to rearrange a mouthful of teeth!
>>I mean - if it is the front tooth it's nowhere near where it's
>>supposed to be!
>
>A co-worker's dd had something similar happen. It turned out to be
>her cuspids coming in before the front top teeth.
>She looked like a little vampire when she smiled :-)
>
>Nan

Thanks! Hopefully this is the same thing!