PDA

View Full Version : Re: How do you handle Parents that BEAT their kids?

R. Steve Walz
March 3rd 05, 06:17 AM
toto wrote:

> On 27 Feb 2005 10:59:05 -0800, "Kane" >
> wrote:
>
> >This lady was out of control, obviously. Do you really think a gentle
> >helpful intervention would have had any real effect out of public
> >sight?
> >
> >I'd hope so, but the unchanging rates of child abuse suggest otherwise,
> >statistically.
>
> Punishing her won't work either.
>
> Foster care is not a cureall since the foster care system often brings
> problems of its own.
[]
> Dorothy
I'd prefer we mandate cameras in suspicious households and whenever
parents are discovered abusibg children that several large men show
up at their front and back doors and break as many of their teeth or
bones as needed to discourage that behavior. They'll stop. After
awhile they will run away from their child in abject terror whenever
they become "angry"! Very amusing.
Steve