PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

P. Tierney
March 11th 05, 06:19 PM
About how much milk does a two month old consume
each day? Thanks.

P. Tierney

Banty
March 11th 05, 06:28 PM
In article <0jlYd.55323$Ze3.43346@attbi_s51>, P. Tierney says...

> About how much milk does a two month old consume
>each day? Thanks.
>

> P. Tierney

Depends.

Thanks.

Circe
March 11th 05, 06:33 PM
"P. Tierney" > wrote in message
> About how much milk does a two month old consume
> each day? Thanks.

Milk consumption tends to have more to do with weight than age. I would
expect a 2mo to consume 2-3oz. of milk per day per pound of weight. So a 10
lb. 2mo would be expected to eat between 20 and 30 oz. per day, while a 12
lber. the same age would consume between 24 and 36 oz.

I believe that amount per pound tends to hold until between 4 and 6 months
of age, when weight gain tends to slow down and babies begin to eat other
foods.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Mr. Congeniality (7), the Diva (5) and the Race Car Fanatic (3)

I have PMS and ESP...I'm the bitch who knows everything! (T-shirt slogan)