PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day gift idea?

jojo
March 17th 05, 02:04 PM
Hi all,

I would like to help my child make a mothers day present for his mom this
year (he is two)
I'm having a hard time coming up with something cool from a 2 year old that
he can participate it.
Last year, his daycare teacher helped him to make a really cute gift.
They took a picture of him and pasted it onto a construction paper flower.
They used a clothes pin for a stem, put it in a tiny little clay pot with
sand in it, and wrote happy mothers day
around the rim of the clay pot...it is soooo cute.

any ideas for this year??
Thanks,
jojo

Sue
March 17th 05, 02:23 PM
Decorated picture frame, hand prints on a T-shirt, a silhouette of his face
on black paper against a white background and put in a frame. Hand prints
and feet prints on paper that is put in a picture frame, a painted plate by
him, or get those craft kits from the craft store that is clay and set his
hand and/or feet prints in it.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

"jojo" > wrote in message
. com...
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to help my child make a mothers day present for his mom this
> year (he is two)
> I'm having a hard time coming up with something cool from a 2 year old
that
> he can participate it.
> Last year, his daycare teacher helped him to make a really cute gift.
> They took a picture of him and pasted it onto a construction paper flower.
> They used a clothes pin for a stem, put it in a tiny little clay pot with
> sand in it, and wrote happy mothers day
> around the rim of the clay pot...it is soooo cute.
>
> any ideas for this year??
> Thanks,
> jojo

Tori M.
March 17th 05, 05:03 PM
get some non toxic finger paint and let him go at it with 1-2 colors and
maybe a HUGE peice of butcher paper so you can trim it down to the part(s)
you like best.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04

Goal 1- lose 20 lbs By May 1st (6# to go)
"jojo" > wrote in message
. com...
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to help my child make a mothers day present for his mom this
> year (he is two)
> I'm having a hard time coming up with something cool from a 2 year old
> that
> he can participate it.
> Last year, his daycare teacher helped him to make a really cute gift.
> They took a picture of him and pasted it onto a construction paper flower.
> They used a clothes pin for a stem, put it in a tiny little clay pot with
> sand in it, and wrote happy mothers day
> around the rim of the clay pot...it is soooo cute.
>
> any ideas for this year??
> Thanks,
> jojo

toto
March 18th 05, 01:02 AM
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:04:19 GMT, "jojo" >
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I would like to help my child make a mothers day present for his mom this
>year (he is two)
>I'm having a hard time coming up with something cool from a 2 year old that
>he can participate it.
>Last year, his daycare teacher helped him to make a really cute gift.
>They took a picture of him and pasted it onto a construction paper flower.
>They used a clothes pin for a stem, put it in a tiny little clay pot with
>sand in it, and wrote happy mothers day
>around the rim of the clay pot...it is soooo cute.

One of the best ideas from my kid's teachers was to get a piece of
poster board or paper and have the child decorate it with handprints
or finger paint. Let it dry. Laminate it. Cut a straight line about
three inches long toward the center. Place a small notepad (3 by 5)
in the cut with the paper on one side and the backing on the other.
Put some sticky magnets on the back (the side where the back of the
notepad goes). Use on the refrigerator for notes and shopping lists,
etc. The one we had also had a small picture of my ds glued to the
part above the notepad. I used that for years.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Beth Kevles
March 18th 05, 01:17 AM
Hi --

One of the best gifts our family has come up with is a mini-photo
album. We use those skinny ones, like the ones some camera stores give
you when you develop your film. Someone old enough to write puts a
title on the front, using the white side of a 4x6 file card. Then you
have facing pages with:

a photo of a child
a picture BY the child, or a transcribed description of what the photo
is.

The picture or transcription is done on another 4x6 file card. You can
alternate pictures that the child draws with transcriptions. You can
have pictures by the child alternating with photos OF the child.

My husband takes one of these albums with him every time he travels. We
didn't fill it up the first year we did it, and so we've been adding
photos and stuff every so often. (Not as often as every year, so even
with two kids the album isn't full yet ..) Other relatives have enjoyed
theirs as well.

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

Rosalie B.
March 18th 05, 04:47 AM
One of my dds makes video tapes of her kids and for things like
birthdays, she has them sing happy birthday to the person. I would
think Mother's Day would be good for this too - then you would also
have a record of the kids on video tape which could be added to as
they got older.

grandma Rosalie