PDA

View Full Version : boy's clothes

enigma
March 20th 05, 03:26 PM
ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
it more difficult to buy for him.
i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>

--
:) I like the way it's called birth control...
*Birth* control... man, that'd be weird...

March 20th 05, 03:33 PM
Have you tried places like Walmart or Target? I have good luck finding
sturdy basics in those chains. One of my three kids is very skinny, so
I buy him elastic topped pants (similar in style to rugger pants) or
sweats.

Personally, I find Lands End, Old Navy and Gap pricey.

Mary G.

Sue
March 20th 05, 03:43 PM
With someone having as much criteria for clothes as you do, you are probably
better off making his clothes. That way you have total control of it.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
> off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>
>

> --
> :) I like the way it's called birth control...
> *Birth* control... man, that'd be weird...
> Taking pills to stop the baby coming out.

Tracey
March 20th 05, 04:35 PM
"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
>> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
> off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>

Target and Old Navy both have the adjustable waist pants with the button
elastic at the waist.
I don't see the tags on Old Navy jeans/shorts as an offensive thing (and I'm
no fan of all the logos, myself). If the tags bother you its easy enough to
grab a seam ripper and remove them.

OshKosh and Carters both have clothes in the sizes you need that wouldn't be
covered with logos. Target usually has a fair variety of generic type
t-shirts and sweatshirts (especially if things like a number 94 or a dog
with a footbal don't bother you). Walmart also has a fair number of shirts
and such with just stripes or generic designs on them.

Ericka Kammerer
March 20th 05, 04:38 PM
enigma wrote:

> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.

Sucks, doesn't it?

> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.

You can find things without logos at Old Navy and Gap
(and even Children's Place) if you pick it over.

> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.

It's not what it was, but it still beats a lot of
other options. Beggars can't always be choosers ;-)

> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
> off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.

Talbots Kids has lots of good, simple boys clothes.
My experience was that the little boy sizes (up through 7 or
7X) were okay for skinny kids, but once you got to the big
kids, even their slims weren't slim enough. Get to know
your local department store. Some of them will have decent
basics without logos, although they often tend to get scarfed
up quickly, so you have to drop by regularly to catch them
when they're there.
Basically, aside from Talbots, I haven't found anywhere
that has a great collection of basic, colorful, logo-free,
high quality clothes. My experience is that you just have
to put in the time to find a little bit here and a little bit
there.

Best wishes,
Ericka

JennP
March 20th 05, 04:42 PM
"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.

Do you mean specific team related or just general sports? Ds loves sports
and that's about all he'll wear.

> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.

Have you bought any Land's End children's clothing lately? The quality is
still excellent. I'd say more than half of ds' wardrobe is from them and it
holds up very well.

Looks like you might be making his clothing?

JennP.

Bruce Bridgman and Jeanne Yang
March 20th 05, 04:52 PM
"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
> off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>

One option (slightly less onerous than sewing) is Dharma Trading
(www.dharmatrading.com) which sells dyes and other fabric coloring. They
also sell blank clothing. This way, you can do what you want with the
t-shirts and such.

So far, I've only gotten a dress and camisoles through them and have been
satisfied with my dealings with them.

As for slim pants, I was told the Gap (?) had slim jeans. My sister also
recommends Kohl's.

Jeanne

> --
> :) I like the way it's called birth control...
> *Birth* control... man, that'd be weird...
> Taking pills to stop the baby coming out.

Banty
March 20th 05, 05:04 PM
In article >, JennP says...

>"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
>> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
>> it more difficult to buy for him.
>> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
>> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
>
>Do you mean specific team related or just general sports? Ds loves sports
>and that's about all he'll wear.
>
>> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
>> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
>> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
>> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
>
>Have you bought any Land's End children's clothing lately? The quality is
>still excellent. I'd say more than half of ds' wardrobe is from them and it
>holds up very well.

Ditto. Land's End has a lot of really basic, comfortable, esp. elastic-wasted
boys' clothes that stand up. I haven't noticed any decrease in quality since
the association with Sear's. To my mind, that only meant a welcome chance to try
on the Land's End clothes without having to do returns by mail. What's wrong
with the association with Sears? (Is Sears BigandEvul like Walmart is supposed
to be??)

Banty

Clisby
March 20th 05, 05:15 PM
enigma wrote:
> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
> off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>

I've had good luck with Target and Children's Place for sturdy,
non-logo clothes, but I'm usually just buying the sturdy sweatpants and
sweatshirt type things. (Also, my son is only 3, so I'm not
sure how good those places are for an older boy.)

Clisby

Clisby
March 20th 05, 05:15 PM
enigma wrote:
> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
> off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>

I've had good luck with Target and Children's Place for sturdy,
non-logo clothes, but I'm usually just buying the sturdy sweatpants and
sweatshirt type things. (Also, my son is only 3, so I'm not
sure how good those places are for an older boy.)

Clisby

enigma
March 20th 05, 06:05 PM
"Tracey" > wrote in
m:

> "enigma" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but
>>> needs
>> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally
>> fall off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
>> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
>> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
>> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need
>> clothes>
>
> Target and Old Navy both have the adjustable waist pants
> with the button elastic at the waist.
> I don't see the tags on Old Navy jeans/shorts as an
> offensive thing (and I'm no fan of all the logos, myself).
> If the tags bother you its easy enough to grab a seam
> ripper and remove them.

yeah, i like the Oshkosh that Target carries (he's outgrown
thier toddler Circo stuff). as far as Old Navy, they're the
poor stepsister of Gap, but i have a hard time finding
anything i like there.... but then, i'm seriously disappointed
in the the last few things i got from BabyGap too. instead of
screen printing the t shirts, they used iron-ons. ick! and
every pair of 2 piece jammies has had the hems on the tops
come undone in the first wash.
every once in a while there's something at Gymboree that is
nice & fits (thier infant pants & overalls didn't fit with
cloth diapers)

> OshKosh and Carters both have clothes in the sizes you need
> that wouldn't be covered with logos. Target usually has a
> fair variety of generic type t-shirts and sweatshirts
> (especially if things like a number 94 or a dog with a
> footbal don't bother you). Walmart also has a fair number
> of shirts and such with just stripes or generic designs on
> them.

who sells OshKosh besides Target (who has a small specially
made line) & who carries Carters? anyone else make pants with
the buttonhole elastic already installed?
lee <who is even more picky about what *i* wear>

enigma
March 20th 05, 06:09 PM
Clisby > wrote in
nk.net:

> I've had good luck with Target and Children's Place for
> sturdy, non-logo clothes, but I'm usually just buying the
> sturdy sweatpants and sweatshirt type things. (Also, my
> son is only 3, so I'm not sure how good those places are
> for an older boy.)

he doesn't like sweatpants. he loves overalls, but can't
manage those himself when he needs to go to the bathroom. i
have 6 pairs of Gap jeans i need to patch the knees on...
which brings up another question. is it bad form to send him
to school in patched pants?
lee

Nan
March 20th 05, 06:13 PM
On 20 Mar 2005 18:05:45 GMT, enigma > scribbled:

>who sells OshKosh besides Target (who has a small specially
>made line) & who carries Carters? anyone else make pants with
>the buttonhole elastic already installed?
>lee <who is even more picky about what *i* wear>

JCPenney carries Carters baby, but I don't know about older kids'
clothing.

Nan

Kmom
March 20th 05, 06:32 PM
Kohl's carries nice basic clothing. If you don't have one near you, try
their website.

I haven't seen any decline in Lands End clothing since the Sears
buyout. Their cargo pants with the elastic insert waist are one of the
few types of pants that will fit my super skinny boys..

Karen

enigma
March 20th 05, 06:38 PM
Nan > wrote in
:

> On 20 Mar 2005 18:05:45 GMT, enigma >
> scribbled:
>
>>who sells OshKosh besides Target (who has a small specially
>>made line) & who carries Carters? anyone else make pants
>>with the buttonhole elastic already installed?
>>lee <who is even more picky about what *i* wear>
>
> JCPenney carries Carters baby, but I don't know about older
> kids' clothing.

the one closest only carries Carter Baby.
why is there so much stuff for girls anyway? the gender bias
just sucks!
lee

Nan
March 20th 05, 06:59 PM
On 20 Mar 2005 18:38:24 GMT, enigma > scribbled:

> the one closest only carries Carter Baby.
>why is there so much stuff for girls anyway? the gender bias
>just sucks!
>lee

Yeah, I remember being really frustrated when ds was little. The girl
clothing took up 2/3 more floor area than that for boys in our Sears
back then.

Nan

Nan
March 20th 05, 07:03 PM

:

>> On 20 Mar 2005 18:05:45 GMT, enigma >
>> scribbled:
>>
>>>who sells OshKosh besides Target (who has a small specially
>>>made line) & who carries Carters? anyone else make pants
>>>with the buttonhole elastic already installed?
>>>lee <who is even more picky about what *i* wear>
>>
>> JCPenney carries Carters baby, but I don't know about older
>> kids' clothing.
>
> the one closest only carries Carter Baby.

Have you tried caters.com website? I see they have a store locater
for their stores, and it lists kohls and sears as selling their lines.

Nan

Banty
March 20th 05, 07:32 PM
In article >, Nan says...

>On 20 Mar 2005 18:05:45 GMT, enigma > scribbled:
>
>>who sells OshKosh besides Target (who has a small specially
>>made line) & who carries Carters? anyone else make pants with
>>the buttonhole elastic already installed?
>>lee <who is even more picky about what *i* wear>
>
>JCPenney carries Carters baby, but I don't know about older kids'
>clothing.

Is KisRUs still around? They did carry OshKosh b'Gosh.

Banty

Rosalie B.
March 20th 05, 08:00 PM
enigma > wrote:

>ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
>it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
>with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.

I've bought non-logo stuff at Old Navy. IMO, the logos are not a
problem as long as they aren't something like South Pole - Old Navy
doesn't have any cache to it. No one would steal and Old Navy coat.

> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
>am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
>the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
>not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
>a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
>off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
>any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
>he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
>lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>

One of my grandsons wears shorts a lot because he is also tall and
skinny. Since his dad is a buyer for J.C. Penny, I think they get a
lot of their clothes from there. I used to use Sears pretty heavily
and often bought my girls clothing from the boys department there.
grandma Rosalie

Penny Gaines
March 20th 05, 08:06 PM
enigma wrote:

[snip]
> he doesn't like sweatpants. he loves overalls, but can't
> manage those himself when he needs to go to the bathroom. i
> have 6 pairs of Gap jeans i need to patch the knees on...
> which brings up another question. is it bad form to send him
> to school in patched pants?

School uniform trousers for boys in the UK come with patches to
sew on after the kid has holed them. I've been told if you sew a
patch onto the inside of the trousers when they are new, they are
less likely to get a hole in them.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

JennP
March 20th 05, 09:28 PM
"Banty" > wrote in message

> Is KisRUs still around? They did carry OshKosh b'Gosh.

No, they are all closed now.

JennP.

Clisby
March 20th 05, 09:53 PM
enigma wrote:
> Clisby > wrote in
> nk.net:
>
>>I've had good luck with Target and Children's Place for
>>sturdy, non-logo clothes, but I'm usually just buying the
>>sturdy sweatpants and sweatshirt type things. (Also, my
>>son is only 3, so I'm not sure how good those places are
>>for an older boy.)
>

> he doesn't like sweatpants. he loves overalls, but can't
> manage those himself when he needs to go to the bathroom. i
> have 6 pairs of Gap jeans i need to patch the knees on...
> which brings up another question. is it bad form to send him
> to school in patched pants?
> lee

I'm not the one to ask - when my daughter was in kindergarten, I let her
go to school in a favorite pair of pants that had holes at the knees.
When I protested that we really should throw them away, she said, "But X
has pants with BIGGER holes!" I told her teacher, who rolled her eyes
and said, yes indeed, X did have some pretty big kneeholes in his pants.
Emma wore those pants for a few more weeks, and then I really couldn't
stand it any more.

Clisby

toto
March 20th 05, 10:03 PM
On 20 Mar 2005 07:33:51 -0800, wrote:

>Have you tried places like Walmart or Target? I have good luck finding
>sturdy basics in those chains. One of my three kids is very skinny, so
>I buy him elastic topped pants (similar in style to rugger pants) or
>sweats.
>
>Personally, I find Lands End, Old Navy and Gap pricey.
>
>Mary G.

How old is your child?

As kids get older they get tougher on clothes and I find that the
less expensive stuff tends to wear out sooner than the branded
stuff. It does depend on the particular stuff. Shirts are usually
fine, but jeans don't make it nor do sweatpants because my kids
always wore holes in the knees.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Caledonia
March 20th 05, 10:31 PM
enigma wrote:
> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
> off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>
>

> --
> :) I like the way it's called birth control...
> *Birth* control... man, that'd be weird...
> Taking pills to stop the baby coming out.

I really like the Target Circo line -- the toddler (up to 5T) and young
boys shorts (elastic waist, walking-short length -- or maybe that's
skateboarding length) are in standard navy/dark green/black/khaki
colors, and great for summer. Average price is about $7/pair for young
boys, $5/pair for toddler sizes.

I buy boys' Target elastic waist shorts for my daughter, as the shorts
aren't super short, lack sequins, and don't have things like "foxy"
printed on them. I'm not a fan of logos, but find 'sexy' clothes for
little girls even more repulsive.

The other alternative is to check out LLBean, which has a kids line
(and no logos) -- their 'unshrinkable' shirts really are of high
quality.

Caledonia

enigma
March 20th 05, 11:45 PM
Rosalie B. > wrote in
:

> enigma > wrote:
>
>>ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm
>>finding it more difficult to buy for him.
>> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
>>with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
>
> I've bought non-logo stuff at Old Navy. IMO, the logos are
> not a problem as long as they aren't something like South
> Pole - Old Navy doesn't have any cache to it. No one would
> steal and Old Navy coat.

i'm not worried about anyone stealing logo'd stuff. i just
refuse to pay to advertise for a company. if they want me (or
my kid) as a billboard, then they should be paying me.
therefore i only buy the things that either have inside
labels or miniscule side seam labels, like BabyGap uses.
i realize the anti-sports thing is my fault, but he's picked
it up. oh well. he also avoids cartoon character stuff & since
i started looking at stuff in Target's regular boys dept.,
he's said he doesn't like the tribal print type things
either... the trouble is, there are very few plain shirts in
the regular boys dept.
oh, he has issues with seams, so he won't wear button shirts
either, so no flannel or cotton shirts from the store. he will
wear ones i make if i French seam all the seams :p

> One of my grandsons wears shorts a lot because he is also
> tall and skinny. Since his dad is a buyer for J.C. Penny,
> I think they get a lot of their clothes from there. I used
> to use Sears pretty heavily and often bought my girls
> clothing from the boys department there.

shorts are impractical in New England winters. Sears does
have some good jeans (toughskins), but i have to put button
elastic in those. they don't come with it. button elastic has
to be the greatest invention for skinny kids ever!

i dunno, i never seem to find *anything* in Penny's. maybe 2
four arm racks of boys & acres of girl stuff.
lee

Sue
March 21st 05, 01:06 AM
> No, they are all closed now.
>
> JennP.

Some KidsRUs clothes are sold at selectedToysRUs.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Nan
March 21st 05, 01:09 AM
On 20 Mar 2005 11:32:46 -0800, Banty >
scribbled:

>In article >, Nan says...
>>
>>On 20 Mar 2005 18:05:45 GMT, enigma > scribbled:
>>
>>>who sells OshKosh besides Target (who has a small specially
>>>made line) & who carries Carters? anyone else make pants with
>>>the buttonhole elastic already installed?
>>>lee <who is even more picky about what *i* wear>
>>
>>JCPenney carries Carters baby, but I don't know about older kids'
>>clothing.
>>

>Is KisRUs still around? They did carry OshKosh b'Gosh.

I don't think so. ToysRUs now has a clothing dept, so I assume it's a
throw-over to KRU closing.

Nan

Rosalie B.
March 21st 05, 01:12 AM

:

>> enigma > wrote:
>>
>>>ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm
>>>finding it more difficult to buy for him.
>>> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
>>>with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
>>
>> I've bought non-logo stuff at Old Navy. IMO, the logos are
>> not a problem as long as they aren't something like South
>> Pole - Old Navy doesn't have any cache to it. No one would
>> steal and Old Navy coat.
>
> i'm not worried about anyone stealing logo'd stuff. i just
>refuse to pay to advertise for a company. if they want me (or
>my kid) as a billboard, then they should be paying me.
> therefore i only buy the things that either have inside
>labels or miniscule side seam labels, like BabyGap uses.

I realize what your reason was (or I had an inkling), but I think it
is like my mom used to say - don't cut off your nose to spite your
face (an old saying which maybe doesn't get said anymore). If the
stuff is good quality and cheaper, why refuse to buy it and get more
expensive stuff just because the cheaper stuff has a logo on it? If
you can get good stuff for a reasonable price *without* the logo - go
for it. But if not, maybe the reason why the stuff is cheaper is
because of the logo - so in effect they are kind of paying your kids
to wear it.

> i realize the anti-sports thing is my fault, but he's picked
>it up. oh well. he also avoids cartoon character stuff & since
>i started looking at stuff in Target's regular boys dept.,
>he's said he doesn't like the tribal print type things
>either... the trouble is, there are very few plain shirts in
>the regular boys dept.
>oh, he has issues with seams, so he won't wear button shirts
>either, so no flannel or cotton shirts from the store. he will
>wear ones i make if i French seam all the seams :p
>
>> One of my grandsons wears shorts a lot because he is also
>> tall and skinny. Since his dad is a buyer for J.C. Penny,
>> I think they get a lot of their clothes from there. I used
>> to use Sears pretty heavily and often bought my girls
>> clothing from the boys department there.
>
> shorts are impractical in New England winters. Sears does
>have some good jeans (toughskins), but i have to put button
>elastic in those. they don't come with it. button elastic has
>to be the greatest invention for skinny kids ever!

My grandson lives in TX, but he doesn't wear shorts in the winter
either.

> i dunno, i never seem to find *anything* in Penny's. maybe 2
>four arm racks of boys & acres of girl stuff.
>lee
How about the catalogue?

grandma Rosalie

Laura Faussone
March 21st 05, 01:29 AM
enigma wrote:

> who sells OshKosh besides Target (who has a small specially
> made line) & who carries Carters? anyone else make pants with
> the buttonhole elastic already installed?
> lee <who is even more picky about what *i* wear>

Do you have Kohl's near you? I think they have both OshKosh and
Carter's

Laura

Beth Kevles
March 21st 05, 01:53 AM
Hi --

I've had good luck at quite a variety of places. No place has LOTS of
stuff non-logo, but Target, Sears, Hechts and then several independent
stores in our area also have non-logo clothing.

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

JennP
March 21st 05, 02:12 AM
"Sue" > wrote in message
> > No, they are all closed now.
> >
> > JennP.
>
> Some KidsRUs clothes are sold at selectedToysRUs.

Didn't realize that. They do sell baby clothing at Babies 'R Us also.

JennP.

dejablues
March 21st 05, 04:42 AM
"Rosalie B." > wrote in message
> enigma > wrote:
>
> >Rosalie B. > wrote in
> :

> >> I've bought non-logo stuff at Old Navy. IMO, the logos are
> >> not a problem as long as they aren't something like South
> >> Pole - Old Navy doesn't have any cache to it. No one would
> >> steal and Old Navy coat.
> >
> > i'm not worried about anyone stealing logo'd stuff. i just
> >refuse to pay to advertise for a company. if they want me (or
> >my kid) as a billboard, then they should be paying me.
> > therefore i only buy the things that either have inside
> >labels or miniscule side seam labels, like BabyGap uses.
>
> I realize what your reason was (or I had an inkling), but I think it
> is like my mom used to say - don't cut off your nose to spite your
> face (an old saying which maybe doesn't get said anymore). If the
> stuff is good quality and cheaper, why refuse to buy it and get more
> expensive stuff just because the cheaper stuff has a logo on it? If
> you can get good stuff for a reasonable price *without* the logo - go
> for it. But if not, maybe the reason why the stuff is cheaper is
> because of the logo - so in effect they are kind of paying your kids
> to wear it.
>
> > i realize the anti-sports thing is my fault, but he's picked
> >it up. oh well. he also avoids cartoon character stuff & since
> >i started looking at stuff in Target's regular boys dept.,
> >he's said he doesn't like the tribal print type things
> >either... the trouble is, there are very few plain shirts in
> >the regular boys dept.
> >oh, he has issues with seams, so he won't wear button shirts
> >either, so no flannel or cotton shirts from the store. he will
> >wear ones i make if i French seam all the seams :p
> >
> >> One of my grandsons wears shorts a lot because he is also
> >> tall and skinny. Since his dad is a buyer for J.C. Penny,
> >> I think they get a lot of their clothes from there. I used
> >> to use Sears pretty heavily and often bought my girls
> >> clothing from the boys department there.
> >
> > shorts are impractical in New England winters. Sears does
> >have some good jeans (toughskins), but i have to put button
> >elastic in those. they don't come with it. button elastic has
> >to be the greatest invention for skinny kids ever!
> >
> My grandson lives in TX, but he doesn't wear shorts in the winter
> either.
>
> > i dunno, i never seem to find *anything* in Penny's. maybe 2
> >four arm racks of boys & acres of girl stuff.
> >lee
> How about the catalogue?
>
> grandma Rosalie

I have three boys and never have had a problem outfitting them, despite the
fact that they are all four years apart and of wildly differing body types.
I do shop at thrift stores (used clothing is not a big deal to me) , and go
to Target and Walmart, and Kohls. Outlets like Ross and Marshalls can harbor
good deals if you are willing to pick through stuff to get what you want
(I'm willing to endure the atmosphere there because I cna find jeans and
shirts for less than 10 bucks). At the big box stores one can easily find
uniform type clothing (khakis, polos, long-sleeved T's, plain and durable)
in many sizes, including slims. French Toast and Bugle Boy are good brands.

Hanna Andersson also has clothing that is suitable for kids that need school
uniforms (which is what we prefer, because it's simple and unadorned) except
for the resident teenager) that is durable. I buy a size bigger than they
actually need, oversized is the fashion and the better brands last long
enough that when they are outgrown, they don't look like crap.

I shop online at LLBean.I have never had a problem with their clothing.

Cindy Kandolf
March 21st 05, 12:09 PM
enigma > writes:
| which brings up another question. is it bad form to send him
| to school in patched pants?

Ah, this part I can offer an opinion on!

Neatly patched pants are, in my opinion, entirely appropriate for
school. What you have to look out for is whether the atmosphere in
the school or the class is such that kids who wear mended clothing get
picked on. But I don't believe that's likely at this age. Younger
elementary school kids, especially boys, often wear through clothes
before they outgrow them, after all, and many if not most will have at
least one pair of pants with patches on the knees.

Sometimes they can even be stylish. One boy at Robert's preschool has
managed to put holes in every pair of jeans he owns by now. Robert
has asked me why none of *his* pants have red balloons, or Snoopys, or
footballs on the knees...

- Cindy Kandolf, mamma to Kenneth (11) and Robert (4)
****** Bærum, Norway
Bilingual Families Web Page:
http://www.nethelp.no/cindy/biling-fam.html

Nikki
March 21st 05, 01:13 PM
Cindy Kandolf wrote:

> Sometimes they can even be stylish. One boy at Robert's preschool has
> managed to put holes in every pair of jeans he owns by now. Robert
> has asked me why none of *his* pants have red balloons, or Snoopys, or
> footballs on the knees...

Isn't that the truth!! My brother wore out the knees of his jeans in like a
day I think, lol. Anyway, I moaned around until my mom put patches on my
jeans too....without a hole in them. I got mushrooms, butterflies, and
flowers, tee-hee. I also got the bonus of getting to put them where ever I
wanted, not just the knees!
--
Nikki

JennP
March 21st 05, 01:26 PM
"Nikki" > wrote in message

I got mushrooms, butterflies, and
> flowers, tee-hee. I also got the bonus of getting to put them where ever
> wanted, not just the knees!

Mushrooms, lol. I remember those patches and It's a wonder that back in the
70's none of us ever "got" the not so subtle connotation of the mushroom.

JennP.

enigma
March 21st 05, 01:28 PM
(Cindy Kandolf) wrote in
:

> enigma > writes:
>| which brings up another question. is it bad form to send
>| him to school in patched pants?
>
> Ah, this part I can offer an opinion on!
>
> Neatly patched pants are, in my opinion, entirely
> appropriate for school. What you have to look out for is
> whether the atmosphere in the school or the class is such
> that kids who wear mended clothing get picked on. But I
> don't believe that's likely at this age. Younger
> elementary school kids, especially boys, often wear through
> clothes before they outgrow them, after all, and many if
> not most will have at least one pair of pants with patches
> on the knees.
>
> Sometimes they can even be stylish. One boy at Robert's
> preschool has managed to put holes in every pair of jeans
> he owns by now. Robert has asked me why none of *his*
> pants have red balloons, or Snoopys, or footballs on the
> knees...

ah, good! as a child of the sixties, i wore patched clothes
(i was pretty rough on elbows as well as knees) & even as a
teen it didn't bother me (but i'm fairly likely autistic
spectrum & don't give much thought to what other think of me).
anyway, Boo collects fat quarters of fabrics that he fancies.
i can use some on his knees & he can show them off at school.
i've not seen any other kids with patched clothes there
(private school) but maybe we can start a trend. it could be
that parents want to appear more affluent than they are ;)
lee

Karen
March 21st 05, 01:50 PM
"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
> off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>
>

> --
> :) I like the way it's called birth control...
> *Birth* control... man, that'd be weird...
> Taking pills to stop the baby coming out.

Target seems to me to be the best value. I got an Old Navy gift card last
summer and bought some stuff there and it's already wearing out.

JennP
March 21st 05, 01:57 PM
"Cindy Kandolf" > wrote in message
> Sometimes they can even be stylish. One boy at Robert's preschool has
> managed to put holes in every pair of jeans he owns by now. Robert
> has asked me why none of *his* pants have red balloons, or Snoopys, or
> footballs on the knees...

Funny. Matthew just recently blew out the knee in a pair of jeans for the
very first time. When I told him we could put a patch on it he thought it
was the coolest thing. Like you said, if it's done neatly I think there is
nothing wrong with sending them to preschool with patches. They play pretty
hard at school and I'd rather they wear out their play clothes than their
better clothes.

JennP.

Hillary Israeli
March 21st 05, 02:25 PM
In >,
enigma > wrote:

*ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
*it more difficult to buy for him.
* i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
*with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.

Hmm. Not everything from the Gap has logos. My son has handed several nice
Gap sweaters and shirts and pants down to his sister and (let me check
quickly) nope, no logos...(she's wearing khaki pants with green lining and
a green henley top right now, all of which were his, and are Gap clothes
:))

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

Stephanie
March 21st 05, 02:57 PM
"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.

I do not like logos either. But I will buy stuff from Old Navy that does not
have it. Not all their clothes do.

> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
> am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
> the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
> not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
> off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>

I like Children's Place when there are sales. My son has the skinny waiste
sindrome that you describe. I found jeans at Children's Place that have a
button elastic built in to the jeans, and the elastic is under the hem
except for where the end sticks out. It is very handy for those of us (ok
me) whose skill with a sewing machine or needle is not too fancy.

Good luck!

> --
> :) I like the way it's called birth control...
> *Birth* control... man, that'd be weird...
> Taking pills to stop the baby coming out.

Nikki
March 21st 05, 03:16 PM
JennP wrote:
> "Nikki" > wrote in message
>
> I got mushrooms, butterflies, and
>> flowers, tee-hee. I also got the bonus of getting to put them where
>> ever I wanted, not just the knees!
>
> Mushrooms, lol. I remember those patches and It's a wonder that back
> in the 70's none of us ever "got" the not so subtle connotation of
> the mushroom

Hee :-) No kidding. I got it about 20 years later ;-)

--
Nikki

Stephanie
March 21st 05, 03:25 PM
"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
> Rosalie B. > wrote in
> :
>
> > enigma > wrote:
> >
> >>ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm
> >>finding it more difficult to buy for him.
> >> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> >>with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
> >
> > I've bought non-logo stuff at Old Navy. IMO, the logos are
> > not a problem as long as they aren't something like South
> > Pole - Old Navy doesn't have any cache to it. No one would
> > steal and Old Navy coat.
>
> i'm not worried about anyone stealing logo'd stuff. i just
> refuse to pay to advertise for a company.

Me, too. If they want my family to advertise for them, they can pay US.

> if they want me (or
> my kid) as a billboard, then they should be paying me.

Ha. Yeah.

> therefore i only buy the things that either have inside
> labels or miniscule side seam labels, like BabyGap uses.
> i realize the anti-sports thing is my fault, but he's picked
> it up. oh well. he also avoids cartoon character stuff & since
> i started looking at stuff in Target's regular boys dept.,
> he's said he doesn't like the tribal print type things
> either... the trouble is, there are very few plain shirts in
> the regular boys dept.
> oh, he has issues with seams, so he won't wear button shirts
> either, so no flannel or cotton shirts from the store. he will
> wear ones i make if i French seam all the seams :p
>
> > One of my grandsons wears shorts a lot because he is also
> > tall and skinny. Since his dad is a buyer for J.C. Penny,
> > I think they get a lot of their clothes from there. I used
> > to use Sears pretty heavily and often bought my girls
> > clothing from the boys department there.
>
> shorts are impractical in New England winters. Sears does
> have some good jeans (toughskins), but i have to put button
> elastic in those. they don't come with it. button elastic has
> to be the greatest invention for skinny kids ever!
>
> i dunno, i never seem to find *anything* in Penny's. maybe 2
> four arm racks of boys & acres of girl stuff.
> lee

Irene
March 21st 05, 04:11 PM
I suspect you are probably anti-Walmart anyhow, but I'll point out that
their clothes probably wouldn't fit your ds, anyhow, since they seem to
have relatively big waists. That works well for my ds, since he has
the opposite shape from yours. ;-) (I discovered this from shopping
secondhand, and noticing the brand that fit the best was from Walmart,
so I broke down and bought some direct.)

OTOH, the Cherokee brand from Target seems like it's always too skinny
for ds, so maybe it would fit yours? I'm not sure what they have in
the boy section, since I gave up on it right about when he transitioned
from toddler to boy clothes.

I also get a lot of ds' clothes (when I can't find it secondhand) from
Kohls, Sears, or the outlets, esp. OshKosh and Carters (not as much).
(The outlet mall is actually closer to my house than any actual regular
mall!)

Irene

athena
March 21st 05, 04:18 PM
enigma wrote:
> i'm not worried about anyone stealing logo'd stuff. i just
> refuse to pay to advertise for a company. if they want me (or
> my kid) as a billboard, then they should be paying me.
> therefore i only buy the things that either have inside
> labels or miniscule side seam labels, like BabyGap uses.

I am the same way about logos, well mostly I think they're ugly, but DS
(4 1/2yo) got a "GAP" shirt from a relative not so long ago. He was so
excited, because "GAP" was a word pattern that he was learning about in
his class ;-) So we spent a day saying all the words that end in -ap
and spelling them, and this was the favorite shirt for about a week.
Well anyway, he was happy to get dressed in it, which has become my
criteria for choosing clothes.

> i realize the anti-sports thing is my fault, but he's picked
> it up. oh well. he also avoids cartoon character stuff & since
> i started looking at stuff in Target's regular boys dept.,
> he's said he doesn't like the tribal print type things
> either... the trouble is, there are very few plain shirts in
> the regular boys dept.

DS is similar- he isn't interested in sports, and doesn't like
characters on his clothes because they "have eyes". But he'll wear
animals, I guess their eyes aren't so big? I recently bought iron on
paper that I can print on, and made shirts with ocean animals on them,
which are a current favorite. He also loves tie-dye shirts.

Another place that I sometimes buy from is children's wear digest.
They are a bit pricey, and I see less that I like at a bigger size, but
there are lots of cute t-shirts and they have flannel or cotton pants
with elastic waistbands. They carry Mulberribush, flapdoodles, lots
more. Here's their site, but don't be put off by the photo of the
little boy with a baseball shirt on the front page...

http://www.cwdkids.com/

Take care,
Lisa

Barbara
March 21st 05, 04:53 PM
enigma wrote:
> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
> it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.

Gap clothes are ridiculously overpriced for the quality, but I've been
relatively pleased with Old Navy. The pants usually last as long as it
takes One to outgrow them. (He's an Only, no one to pass the clothes
to, so I don't worry about them wearing out when he's done with them.)
I suppose that the pants probably do say *Old Navy* on the buttons, but
nowhere else. Old Navy also tends to carry well made basic solid tee
shirts. In fact, given your *no sports* limitation, they're a good bet
for you.

But there are literally dozens of other brands of clothing out there.
Just go to your local department store, or do a web search. IIRC, CWD
carries brands including Flapdoodles and Wes & Willy -- but both do a
lot of sports prints (which One loves). Rugged Bear carries its own
brand online (great elastic waist pants, but they run short), and the
stores carry Kitestrings. There's also The Children's Place (clothes
run big and long), Gymboree, Talbot's Mini Boden, I think even Oilliy
has boy's clothes, if you want to pay the price.

Someone else mentioned Kohls. We were very unhappy with the quality of
their brand pants this year. They do carry some other brands. I'm a
stickler for cotton, though, and Kohls is not the best on that.
Target, also mentioned, is pretty worthless for boys clothes IMHO.

And to answer your later question, I may be alone on this, but after
preschool age, I wouldn't send One to school in patched clothes, any
more than I would go to work wearning a pair of pants with a patched
knee. Pants with torn knees are *play* pants.

Barbara

Buzzy Bee
March 21st 05, 05:01 PM
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:03:28 GMT, Nan > wrote:

>Have you tried caters.com website? I see they have a store locater
>for their stores, and it lists kohls and sears as selling their lines.

Carters' factory shops seem to have an excellent range of boys stuff
and the prices are good as well. We could just about fund a trip to
the US (for me and L anyway) buying clothes at them :) He's wearing
Carters' right now, as it happens.

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7th May 2003, 17 hours. http://seoras.farr-montgomery.com
DS2: Lachlan Alan, 28th February 2005

dejablues
March 21st 05, 08:37 PM
"Barbara" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> But there are literally dozens of other brands of clothing out there.
> Just go to your local department store, or do a web search. IIRC, CWD
> carries brands including Flapdoodles and Wes & Willy -- but both do a
> lot of sports prints (which One loves). Rugged Bear carries its own
> brand online (great elastic waist pants, but they run short), and the
> stores carry Kitestrings. There's also The Children's Place (clothes
> run big and long), Gymboree, Talbot's Mini Boden, I think even Oilliy
> has boy's clothes, if you want to pay the price.

Almost sixteen years ago, when I had my first (when I also had a lot more
time and expendable income as well) I ordered almost all of his clothes from
catalogs. I wish I could remember the name of one in particular, I bought a
lot of shirts with bugs, snakes, dinosaurs, and lizards, and plain pull-on
pants in basic colors. They also carried Sara's Prints, which we loved. OS
was a big child, so YS (7) is now wearing the same shirts OS wore when he
was 3. They lasted through three boys!

> And to answer your later question, I may be alone on this, but after
> preschool age, I wouldn't send One to school in patched clothes, any
> more than I would go to work wearning a pair of pants with a patched
> knee. Pants with torn knees are *play* pants.

I'm with you on this one. I can't patch well enough to make them
inconspicuous.
If it's summer, they become cutoffs!

Barbara Bomberger
March 21st 05, 09:02 PM
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:57:18 -0500, "Stephanie"
> wrote:

>"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
>> ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
>> it more difficult to buy for him.
>> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
>> with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
>

>I do not like logos either. But I will buy stuff from Old Navy that does not
>have it. Not all their clothes do.

Realizing that my son is much older (a teenager) many of the things we
buy have no exterior logos to speak of, and a couple just have very
small ones. It is almost the only place my son will buy his jeans and
shirts.

We swear by the place

Barb
>> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or

Barbara Bomberger
March 21st 05, 09:04 PM
On 20 Mar 2005 15:26:37 GMT, enigma > wrote:

>ok, now that my son is wearing size 4-5 clothes, i'm finding
>it more difficult to buy for him.
> i want good sturdy clothes, but i *will NOT buy* anything
>with logos (so Old Navy & Gap are out) or sports related.
> am i stuck with Hanna Anderson's limited boys selection? or
>am i going to have to pattern draft & make his clothes (since
>the pattern companies make virtually nothing for boys)? i'm
>not crazy about Land's End since Sears bought it.
> i should probably mention that he weighs 33 pounds, but needs
>a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally fall
>off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
>any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
>he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
>lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need clothes>

I responded elswewhere but after raising boys from toddler to adult
hood,I should probably be buying stock in old navy. Not everything
has their log, the stuff lasts forever and they have decent sales.

Cathy Kearns
March 21st 05, 11:09 PM
"dejablues" > wrote in message

> Almost sixteen years ago, when I had my first (when I also had a lot more
> time and expendable income as well) I ordered almost all of his clothes
from
> catalogs. I wish I could remember the name of one in particular, I bought
> lot of shirts with bugs, snakes, dinosaurs, and lizards, and plain pull-on
> pants in basic colors. They also carried Sara's Prints, which we loved. OS
> was a big child, so YS (7) is now wearing the same shirts OS wore when he
> was 3. They lasted through three boys!

Darn, I used to order from that one too and can't remember the name. Does
it help that I know they carried lots of type of diaper wraps?

dejablues
March 21st 05, 11:25 PM
"Cathy Kearns" > wrote in message

> "dejablues" > wrote in message
>>
>> Almost sixteen years ago, when I had my first (when I also had a lot more
>> time and expendable income as well) I ordered almost all of his clothes
> from
>> catalogs. I wish I could remember the name of one in particular, I bought
>> lot of shirts with bugs, snakes, dinosaurs, and lizards, and plain
>> pull-on
>> pants in basic colors. They also carried Sara's Prints, which we loved.
>> OS
>> was a big child, so YS (7) is now wearing the same shirts OS wore when he
>> was 3. They lasted through three boys!
>>
> Darn, I used to order from that one too and can't remember the name. Does
> it help that I know they carried lots of type of diaper wraps?

YES! That was it! I bought Diaperaps from them. They also carried some
pricey wool diaper wraps that I didn't buy. I also liked the Bear Foot
shoes, adorable little tie-on soft leather shoes with crepe soles.
I think two moms owned the company?

Cathy Kearns
March 22nd 05, 12:42 AM
"JennP" > wrote in message

> "dejablues" > wrote in message
>
> > YES! That was it! I bought Diaperaps from them. They also carried some
> > pricey wool diaper wraps that I didn't buy. I also liked the Bear Foot
> > shoes, adorable little tie-on soft leather shoes with crepe soles.
> > I think two moms owned the company?
>
> Biobottoms? They sold diapers and clothing. I bought Matthew's first swim
> diaper from them and they went out of business shortly afterwards.

That was it! That's a bummer they went out of business, I liked their
quality.

JennP
March 22nd 05, 12:46 AM
"dejablues" > wrote in message

> YES! That was it! I bought Diaperaps from them. They also carried some
> pricey wool diaper wraps that I didn't buy. I also liked the Bear Foot
> shoes, adorable little tie-on soft leather shoes with crepe soles.
> I think two moms owned the company?

Biobottoms? They sold diapers and clothing. I bought Matthew's first swim
diaper from them and they went out of business shortly afterwards.

JennP.

dejablues
March 22nd 05, 03:33 AM
"Cathy Kearns" > wrote in message

> "JennP" > wrote in message
> >
> > "dejablues" > wrote in message
> >
> > > YES! That was it! I bought Diaperaps from them. They also carried some
> > > pricey wool diaper wraps that I didn't buy. I also liked the Bear Foot
> > > shoes, adorable little tie-on soft leather shoes with crepe soles.
> > > I think two moms owned the company?
> >
> > Biobottoms? They sold diapers and clothing. I bought Matthew's first
swim
> > diaper from them and they went out of business shortly afterwards.
>
> That was it! That's a bummer they went out of business, I liked their
> quality.

Thanks, thats it. I'm sorry to hear that they went out of business. After a
quick google search, that was indeed the catalog.

Bodi
March 22nd 05, 01:24 PM
I would check out the second hand stores. I get some very nice clothes
at second hand places, I've even gotten brand new stuff with the labels
still on them. I take the clothes my son grows out of to the same
second hand place.

March 30th 05, 02:14 AM
Pardon the intrusion. I have a 4 year old (tall for her age) and a 16
month old. I also make custom childrens apparel. We can work with
almost any graphic.

Our images are 100% wash fast and will not fade out. They also have no
rough plastisol. Sublimation is the printing technology and it is used
on cycling apparel. Our shirts are almost like a loose fit under
armour.

www.vapoapparel.com

we do lost of custom jobs with childrens art and for sailing and soccer
teams. We are located in Charleston, SC.

I read the post and if you are interested check out what we have. Our
shirts are 100% wickable they are great for outside. They are anti
microbial, anti fungal too.

All the kids in my neighborhood love them. We sell to distributors and
do some local work but are starting to do custom orders.

If you are interested you can email me. If not please pardon the post.

enigma wrote:
> "Tracey" > wrote in
> m:
>

> > "enigma" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >> a 5 for the sleeve & leg lengths. most clothes literally
> >> fall off him if i don't add button elastic to the waist.
> >> any suggestions? summer's coming & he'll need clothes when
> >> he's not in the backyard or house (where he can be naked).
> >> lee <the backyard is over 50 acres. he doesn't need
> >> clothes>
> >
> > Target and Old Navy both have the adjustable waist pants
> > with the button elastic at the waist.
> > I don't see the tags on Old Navy jeans/shorts as an
> > offensive thing (and I'm no fan of all the logos, myself).
> > If the tags bother you its easy enough to grab a seam
> > ripper and remove them.
>
> yeah, i like the Oshkosh that Target carries (he's outgrown
> thier toddler Circo stuff). as far as Old Navy, they're the
> poor stepsister of Gap, but i have a hard time finding
> anything i like there.... but then, i'm seriously disappointed
> in the the last few things i got from BabyGap too. instead of
> screen printing the t shirts, they used iron-ons. ick! and
> every pair of 2 piece jammies has had the hems on the tops
> come undone in the first wash.
> every once in a while there's something at Gymboree that is
> nice & fits (thier infant pants & overalls didn't fit with
> cloth diapers)
> >
> > OshKosh and Carters both have clothes in the sizes you need
> > that wouldn't be covered with logos. Target usually has a
> > fair variety of generic type t-shirts and sweatshirts
> > (especially if things like a number 94 or a dog with a
> > footbal don't bother you). Walmart also has a fair number
> > of shirts and such with just stripes or generic designs on
> > them.
>
> who sells OshKosh besides Target (who has a small specially
> made line) & who carries Carters? anyone else make pants with
> the buttonhole elastic already installed?
> lee <who is even more picky about what *i* wear>

March 30th 05, 02:27 AM
To reply to the first question, even though it's a bit late. Just get
plain colored shirts. I usually like wearing orange and blue.

bizby40
March 30th 05, 07:34 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> To reply to the first question, even though it's a bit late. Just get
> plain colored shirts. I usually like wearing orange and blue.

Ack! You aren't a WAHOO by any chance are you???

Bizby

enigma
March 30th 05, 02:13 PM
wrote in
ups.com:

> To reply to the first question, even though it's a bit
> late. Just get plain colored shirts. I usually like wearing
> orange and blue.

he likes stripes. the brighter the better :)
i wish he'd wear button shirts. those are easy to make, even
with his required French seams... :p
lee

Irene
March 30th 05, 04:03 PM
bizby40 wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > To reply to the first question, even though it's a bit late. Just
get
> > plain colored shirts. I usually like wearing orange and blue.
>
> Ack! You aren't a WAHOO by any chance are you???
>
> Bizby

Maybe just a University of Illinois fan? ;-)

Irene
(Go Illini!)

bizby40
March 30th 05, 07:12 PM
"Irene" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> bizby40 wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>> > To reply to the first question, even though it's a bit late. Just
> get
>> > plain colored shirts. I usually like wearing orange and blue.
>>
>> Ack! You aren't a WAHOO by any chance are you???
>>
>> Bizby
>
> Maybe just a University of Illinois fan? ;-)

Lol, that would be okay. But you'll find my kids dressed in *Maroon*
and Orange.

Bizby