PDA

View Full Version : leaking breast

mom
March 30th 05, 09:39 PM
i stopped breastfeeding bout a month ago. I still not have experienced
engorged painful breast before the drying up stage. They are still
moist and now inverted. I just want my old breast back what can i do to
get the nipple to dry up and look like normal dried nipples help.
Wet Breast

Catherine Woodgold
March 31st 05, 01:29 AM
"mom" ) writes:
> i stopped breastfeeding bout a month ago. I still not have experienced
> engorged painful breast before the drying up stage. They are still
> moist and now inverted. I just want my old breast back what can i do to
> get the nipple to dry up and look like normal dried nipples help.
> Wet Breast

If they haven't been engorged yet after a month,
I'm guessing they're not
going to be engorged. I'm sorry -- I don't know what to do
except wait. How old is your baby? Did you stop suddenly?
--
Cathy
A *much* better world is possible.

March 31st 05, 07:33 PM
mom wrote:
> i stopped breastfeeding bout a month ago. I still not have
experienced
> engorged painful breast before the drying up stage. They are still
> moist and now inverted. I just want my old breast back what can i do
> get the nipple to dry up and look like normal dried nipples help.
> Wet Breast

See a doctor? Years ago, doctors would give a pill for this kind of
situation...don't know if they still do.

Someone I know could still express a few drops of milk nearly two years
after she stopped nursing her kid.

Rupa

Hillary Israeli
March 31st 05, 10:51 PM
In om>,
mom > wrote:

*i stopped breastfeeding bout a month ago. I still not have experienced
*engorged painful breast before the drying up stage. They are still

Well, you're not supposed to experience engorgement, so that's good.

*moist and now inverted. I just want my old breast back what can i do to
*get the nipple to dry up and look like normal dried nipples help.

Moist? I don't know what to tell you. I've nursed three kids and never had
a problem with my nipples being moist or not looking normal. Are you
saying you are still leaking sometimes? That can be normal. Try some
cabbage leaves in the bra.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

Chookie
March 31st 05, 11:32 PM
In article om>,
"mom" > wrote:

> i stopped breastfeeding bout a month ago. I still not have experienced
> engorged painful breast before the drying up stage. They are still
> moist and now inverted. I just want my old breast back what can i do to
> get the nipple to dry up and look like normal dried nipples help.

It is good that you haven't been engorged -- engorgement can lead to mastitis.

Due to pregnancy hormones, you probably won't get your "old" breasts back.
Pregnancy makes them grow and start producing milk, so they will always be
different (and you will be able to get milk out of them for years -- there are
cases of grandmothers relactating to feed their grandchildren!).

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.

dragonlady
April 1st 05, 01:15 AM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> mom wrote:
> > i stopped breastfeeding bout a month ago. I still not have
> experienced
> > engorged painful breast before the drying up stage. They are still
> > moist and now inverted. I just want my old breast back what can i do
> > get the nipple to dry up and look like normal dried nipples help.
> > Wet Breast
>

> See a doctor? Years ago, doctors would give a pill for this kind of
> situation...don't know if they still do.
>
> Someone I know could still express a few drops of milk nearly two years
> after she stopped nursing her kid.
>
> Rupa

Not rare. After I stopped nursing my twins, I know it was well over 2
years that I could still express a small amount of milk. Alas, they are
now 19, and I'm passed menopause and that time is gone.

Chookie
April 8th 05, 10:25 AM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> See a doctor? Years ago, doctors would give a pill for this kind of
> situation...don't know if they still do.

Not without a good reason -- apparently it wasn't a terribly safe drug (not
that I can remember what it was!).