PDA

View Full Version : Re: misc.kids FAQ on Starting Solid Foods

May 24th 06, 02:15 PM
New Symptom: Childhood Sensitivity to Cold Air May Predict Asthma

Kids whose lungs react sensitively to cold air may be at increased risk
for asthma later in life, new research shows.

A team from the University of Arizona found that children whose lungs
were very sensitive to cold, dry air at age 6 were twice as likely to
develop asthma by the time they reached the age of 22.

"This suggests that there is something going on in these children's
lungs at an early age that increases their risk of having asthma later
in life. We need to find out what biological characteristics these
children have, so that we can start developing preventive treatments,"
researcher Dr. Fernando Martinez, said in a prepared statement.

For Complete detail:-
http://www.epsdrugstore.com/5-24eps5.htm