Ali
July 7th 06, 11:06 AM
Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?

lisecnz
July 7th 06, 11:47 AM
Ali wrote:
> Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?

Hi Ali

I guess kids are cute because they are innocent and look at life with
open eyes and not tinted glasses!!

enigma
July 7th 06, 01:03 PM
"Ali" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?

so you won't kill them when they're driving you insane?

lee
--
I let go of the law, and people become honest.
I let go of economics, and people become prosperous.

Marie
July 7th 06, 02:26 PM
"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
> so you won't kill them when they're driving you insane?

That's my theory!
Marie

toypup
July 7th 06, 02:42 PM
"enigma" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Ali" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
>> Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?
>
> so you won't kill them when they're driving you insane?

That's what DH says.

StephanieTheGoofy
July 7th 06, 02:57 PM
"toypup" > wrote in message
. com...

> "enigma" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > "Ali" > wrote in
> > oups.com:
> >
> >> Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?
> >
> > so you won't kill them when they're driving you insane?
>
> That's what DH says.

mine too

Banty
July 7th 06, 03:17 PM
In article <kLtrg.5$hb3.3@trndny04>, StephanieTheGoofy says...

>"toypup" > wrote in message
. com...

>> "enigma" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>> > "Ali" > wrote in
>> > oups.com:

>> > so you won't kill them when they're driving you insane?
>>
>> That's what DH says.

So what restrains us when they're in their teens? :)

Banty

--

July 7th 06, 03:36 PM
Banty wrote:
> In article <kLtrg.5$hb3.3@trndny04>, StephanieTheGoofy says...
> >

> >"toypup" > wrote in message
> . com...
> >>
> >> "enigma" > wrote in message
> >> . ..

> >> That's what DH says.
>
> So what restrains us when they're in their teens? :)
>
> Banty

They're bigger than us.

Jeff
July 7th 06, 03:41 PM
"Ali" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?

Evolution. How else do you get people to take care of little peeing,
pooping, eating, crying and sleeping machines?

LaTreen Washington
July 7th 06, 04:38 PM
"Ali" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?

Because you can't afford a puppy.

dragonlady
July 7th 06, 04:40 PM
In article >,
Banty > wrote:

> In article <kLtrg.5$hb3.3@trndny04>, StephanieTheGoofy says...
> >

> >"toypup" > wrote in message
> . com...
> >>
> >> "enigma" > wrote in message
> >> . ..

> >> That's what DH says.
>
> So what restrains us when they're in their teens? :)
>
> Banty

Not sure -- but my Mom says grandchildren are our reward for NOT killing
them when they're in their teens...

(So I guess we have to rely on being mature enough for WAY delayed
gratification.)

Marie
July 7th 06, 05:30 PM
"Banty" > wrote in message
> So what restrains us when they're in their teens? :)

Our memories of their cute little naked butts.
My daughter is 11 now and sometimes there is NO cuteness there. Other times
she's still full of it. (cuteness, I mean)
Marie

Rosalie B.
July 7th 06, 05:30 PM
dragonlady > wrote:

>In article >,
> Banty > wrote:
>
>> In article <kLtrg.5$hb3.3@trndny04>, StephanieTheGoofy says...
>> >

>> >"toypup" > wrote in message
>> . com...

>> So what restrains us when they're in their teens? :)
>>
>> Banty

They aren't cute anymore then. Usually anyway.

>Not sure -- but my Mom says grandchildren are our reward for NOT killing
>them when they're in their teens...
>
>(So I guess we have to rely on being mature enough for WAY delayed
>gratification.)

Marty Billingsley
July 7th 06, 06:05 PM
In article . com>,
Ali > wrote:
>Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?

There is an interesting article on this topic by Stephen J. Gould.
My books aren't available at the moment, or I'd dig up the exact
citation, but I think it's the one in which he talks about the
evolution of Mickey Mouse. Maybe "A Biological Homage to Mickey Mouse".

Did you know that the nose and ears grow for your entire life, but
the eyes don't get any bigger after you're born?

Jeff
July 7th 06, 10:28 PM
"Marty Billingsley" > wrote in message
> In article . com>,
> Ali > wrote:
>>Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?
>
> There is an interesting article on this topic by Stephen J. Gould.
> My books aren't available at the moment, or I'd dig up the exact
> citation, but I think it's the one in which he talks about the
> evolution of Mickey Mouse. Maybe "A Biological Homage to Mickey Mouse".

Try Google:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=stephen+j+gould+mickey+mouse&btnG=Google+Search

The book was an excellent book called, "The Panda's Thumb."

Recommended.

> Did you know that the nose and ears grow for your entire life, but
> the eyes don't get any bigger after you're born?

Then wouldn't Mickey be cuter if he had smaller ears?

Jeff

Chookie
July 9th 06, 12:30 AM
In article >, Banty >
wrote:

> So what restrains us when they're in their teens? :)

They can run faster.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

R. Steve Walz
July 9th 06, 02:56 AM
Ali wrote:

> Can Any one tell me Why kids are cute?
We evolved that way because species who didn't think so ate their
children. "Cute" is a protective attitude.
Steve